Someone please explain this to me | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone please explain this to me

Completely agree(and nice avatar by the way)

I think a lot of the Suck for Luck mindset has to do with fans thinking about the bigger picture and whats best for this franchise.

If you really knew for sure what was best, I could understand that mindset.

No where in that definition did I see rooting against. I'm not telling anyone what to be. I'm telling you that I don't consider you a true fan. Even if we get the #1 overall and draft Luck, we still don't know what kind of NFL QB he will be. I don't want my team to be the worst team in football, just for a chance to draft something that may or may not pan out. Most of the great NFL QBs were not drafted #1 overall.

Which is fine with me. Consider me an observer. It doesn't matter what you consider me to be.

However, this particular Miami Dolphins team as a whole, from the front office right on down to the players on the field needs to be put out of it's own misery. It's like watching a dying fish out of water suffer and struggle for oxygen.

It's out of mercy as much as anything else.

Hey, I've said for a few weeks now that there are too many valuable FH posters with a long-term rooting and suffering trackrecord who are now suckiing for luck for me to dog or insult insult them. I may not understand it, but I respect them, so if they've proven their fandom on FH, I gotta respect their stance.

However, what pizzes me off is insulting my fandom or intellect because I do what I'm hard-wired to naturally do.. root for wins. And while we may get to a point of futility during the end stretch where I see a token win or 2 as being useless or even detrimental I may capitulate.. but until then, or even in the 17th game, if you're dogging me for my rooting to shove the gloat right up that fat, tootsie loving perv's throat, then honestly, you can GFYS.

Hey, I've said for a few weeks now that there are too many valuable FH posters with a long-term rooting and suffering trackrecord who are now suckiing for luck for me to dog or insult insult them. I may not understand it, but I respect them, so if they've proven their fandom on FH, I gotta respect their stance.

However, what pizzes me off is insulting my fandom or intellect because I do what I'm hard-wired to naturally do.. root for wins. And while we may get to a point of futility during the end stretch where I see a token win or 2 as being useless or even detrimental I may capitulate.. but until then, or even in the 17th game, if you're dogging me for my rooting to shove the gloat right up that fat, tootsie loving perv's throat, then honestly, you can GFYS.

Thank you very much.

Which is fine with me. Consider me an observer. It doesn't matter what you consider me to be.

However, this particular Miami Dolphins team as a whole, from the front office right on down to the players on the field needs to be put out of it's own misery. It's like watching a dying fish out of water suffer and struggle for oxygen.

It's out of mercy as much as anything else.

I don't need to root for that to happen. The only way that does not happen is if we win big.

Didn't we try suck for somebody a few years back. 1 and 15 I believe.
That got us Parcells ,Tony and Jeff. The 1st overall pick was used on a TACKLE (be it all pro)
How'd that work out ? (the div title was good but nothing after that)
We have no idea what Ross will do and who he'll hire.
I happen to live in the here and now. SFL has a nobel intent but I think it's pie in the sky.
What we have now is what we have now. Predicting the future is for sages.

Only Brandon Marshall can have a good season because he is on my fantasty team. Our defense needs to fold all game or basically continue playing the way they have, so that we are forced to pass and continually get outscored/lose.

I will ALWAYS root for Miami to win, if they can. If because of our record we wind up with a high draft pick, that's fine. Somehow I get a bad taste in my mouth about the idea of purposely tanking to manipulate the system.Not something I would feel proud about. Losing is not what a team takes the field to accomplish. I root for for Miami, I hope they play hard, and let the chips fall where they may.

What I would like to know is why those of you are wanting wins with this 2011 team? The coaches are the worst part of the team and that's not a winning sign at all. I am not one to diss people for wanting wins but I would like to know the tangible reason. Us SFLers have a tangible reason so what is the winning crowds reasoning? Or is it all just intangibles such as it's in my blood as I see a lot of you saying. And if the front page poll means anything we outnumber 3:1. We are FRUSTRATED.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

What I would like to know is why those of you are wanting wins with this 2011 team? The coaches are the worst part of the team and that's not a winning sign at all. I am not one to diss people for wanting wins but I would like to know the tangible reason. Us SFLers have a tangible reason so what is the winning crowds reasoning? Or is it all just intangibles such as it's in my blood as I see a lot of you saying. And if the front page poll means anything we outnumber 3:1. We are FRUSTRATED.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
I am frustrated as well, but I guess i Just don't feel comfortable with my team purposely tanking. If we do the best we can, and end up with the top pick, so be it. How far would you go with this, what do you really want? Do you want players to purposely drop passes, fumble, miss tackles? As i said earlier, purposely tanking to manipulate the system just feels wrong to me. By the way, I am also very frustrated, but I hope I know the difference between right and wrong.

I will ALWAYS root for Miami to win, if they can. If because of our record we wind up with a high draft pick, that's fine. Somehow I get a bad taste in my mouth about the idea of purposely tanking to manipulate the system.Not something I would feel proud about. Losing is not what a team takes the field to accomplish. I root for for Miami, I hope they play hard, and let the chips fall where they may.

Perfectly said, both of you.

No where in that definition did I see rooting against. I'm not telling anyone what to be. I'm telling you that I don't consider you a true fan. Even if we get the #1 overall and draft Luck, we still don't know what kind of NFL QB he will be. I don't want my team to be the worst team in football, just for a chance to draft something that may or may not pan out. Most of the great NFL QBs were not drafted #1 overall.
I never said I felt we should suck for luck. Personally, I don't think we need to actively try to suck. This team simply does it naturally. However, I do not get nearly as upset after losses simply because it means we are in a better shot to land a franchise QB that will most likely (over 90%) pan out.

As far as who has bigger fan balls...I question how big of a fan you are to be okay with your team continuing to suck and continuing to make moves that keep them in mediocrity. Doesn't sound like much of a fan to me. That just sounds like blind loyalty, which is quite different. You say you root for them to win, but apparently have no interest in what it takes to win, and that is risk. You may be a Dolphins follower, but you're no fan in my eyes.

Answer this question.

Gates takes the opening kickoff back for a score. You will.

(a) Scream like a mad man and high five everyone in sight.
(b) Be upset because it may interfere with SFL
(c) Do nothing. Could care less.

If the answer is not (a) I respect your opinion but can not possible subscribe to it.

So many fans are only interested in the short term (this season)...

Don't you guys plan for the future in your own lives or business? It sounds like many of you do not look to the future but only tomorrow...

The short termers are the same people who complain that we down here dumped our tickets...

This season is already over. We aren't going to make the playoffs. You would rather go 6-10 and get the 7th pick instead of truly sucking for the top pick? THere is no such thing as momentum after a season ends (some of you believe this somehow).

Look at the lions. No one cares about their past failures...They are rolling now.

Team sucks. Need a franchise QB. Luck is the greatest QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The current season is a dud. This team is only able to win 2 games at best which are against the "Suck For LucK" teams.

Really, I'm not going to watch this lousy team on Sundays this season.

Back
Top Bottom