Someone remind me why JT is not in the Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone remind me why JT is not in the Pro Bowl

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He has 13 sacks and 57 tackles, shaun ellis has 12.5 sacks and 69 tackles your gonna tell me that 12 tackles kept him out of the pro bowl. That sucks.

Adewale Oguneleye and Jason Taylor were the top 2 sack leaders in the NFL. The only reason (I think) that JT wasn't selected was because it'd be two Dolphins starting at DE. Although they both deserve it, the NFL elected only one so that other teams could have someone.

I see, that's a sh***y excuse. I think if the stats are there then he should be too.

YHea they probably didn't want a repeat of last years game when ithe game should have been called the Fins pro bowl as they owned the game.

I know it was great, I loved it. But the guy deserves to be there more than all but 3 players at that position. I guess it just goes to show that the fins can't get a break in any aspect of the game.

I believe (not sure on this) that at the time of pro bowl selection (week14 or so), JT stats were not as impressive. He had a great end to the season (including 2 sacks week 17). Does it really matter anyways? We all know, outside of Strahan, he is the best DE in football.

Ya I know I was just wondering about it. I still can't help but wish he was there.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
YHea they probably didn't want a repeat of last years game when ithe game should have been called the Fins pro bowl as they owned the game.

I wish the Fins could own the Super Bowl and Playoffs like they own the Pro Bowl

Taylor isn't there because at the time they selected the teams he wasn't in the top 3 in the AFC in sacks, instead he was fourth. :rolleyes: Jason wasn't as good this year as he was in 2002 but I still think he deserves to be there.

That would have been 5 dolphins players on defense in the pro bowl.

I don't understand why our defense was'nt # 1 in the league.

Back
Top Bottom