Something big might happen... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something big might happen...

I would welcome a trade of wake for a 2nd or there abouts. Jordan and Vernon are the future. Trade wake while you can get something i think its smart. I dint see it happening though

:jawdrop:

Trade Top 5 DE in the league who is BEYOND dirt cheap for a 2nd?

Trade Top 5 DE in the league who is BEYOND dirt cheap and who still has a good 2-3 years left in the tank for a 2nd?

1561989884279_time_to_stop_posting_super-1.jpg

You always come up with the best memes!! Where do you find them??

:jawdrop:

Trade Top 5 DE in the league who is BEYOND dirt cheap for a 2nd?

Trade Top 5 DE in the league who is BEYOND dirt cheap and who still has a good 2-3 years left in the tank for a 2nd?
top 5 DE? idk bout that. hes also 32, i would trade a 32 year old who I can get 2 years out of for a 23-24 year old I can get 10 years out of. we have a star in the making waiting in Jordan, and another pro bowl caliber in Vernon. I'm not willing to bet Wake will be better then Jordan or Vernon even over the next 2 years either. Wake was injured much of last year and hampered by it when he played. its just good buisness. I like Wake and tend to go loyal but football is a buisness

top 5 DE? idk bout that. hes also 32, i would trade a 32 year old who I can get 2 years out of for a 23-24 year old I can get 10 years out of. we have a star in the making waiting in Jordan, and another pro bowl caliber in Vernon. I'm not willing to bet Wake will be better then Jordan or Vernon even over the next 2 years either. Wake was injured much of last year and hampered by it when he played. its just good buisness. I like Wake and tend to go loyal but football is a buisness

This isn't Madden.

Philbin and Hickey need to win NOW. Trading away our best pass rusher and arguably a top 5 pass rusher in the NFL for a 2nd round draft pick that might or might not work out 5 years down the road does nothing for them.

I could understand if Philbin had Bilicheat type job security that he could have a horrible season or two during rebuilding and survive. But if Hickey and Philbin don't turn the ship around this year, it's curtains.

This isn't Madden.

Philbin and Hickey need to win NOW. Trading away our best pass rusher and arguably a top 5 pass rusher in the NFL for a 2nd round draft pick that might or might not work out 5 years down the road does nothing for them.

I could understand if Philbin had Bilicheat type job security that he could have a horrible season or two during rebuilding and survive. But if Hickey and Philbin don't turn the ship around this year, it's curtains.
a 2nd round pick oline can help NOW, the oline in this draft are deep we can get a starter. and Jordan can start NOW, Vernon already posted double digit sacks and I think Jordan will if we start him. Shelby is a good back up. we can draft a solid backup DE later in the 4th or so. I dont think its madden like but to each their own. we will never make the trade. trade 1 of our 3 good DEs for a good OL where we need help seems like a smart move

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

and i think wake can net more then a 2nd, thats just where I start the bidding at

Wake (32) is the best we have -> but no he is not safe to be traded -> he played a lot of Fball in Canada he has wear on his body and it started to show last year

Jordan ain't going anywhere

I don't think people realize just how good Wake is. He's our best player and it's not even close. He was hurt last year..but he was still our best pass rusher. If you look at pressures and sacks he's probably been the most dominant DE in the league the past few years (prior to last year).
And I'm a huge fan of Jordan but he's done nothing yet..OV is a good player but he's not Wake.

We are a team striving to make the playoffs and people would trade our biggest difference maker on defense for a 2nd rounder...screams mediocrity to me.

a 2nd round pick oline can help NOW, the oline in this draft are deep we can get a starter. and Jordan can start NOW, Vernon already posted double digit sacks and I think Jordan will if we start him. Shelby is a good back up. we can draft a solid backup DE later in the 4th or so. I dont think its madden like but to each their own. we will never make the trade. trade 1 of our 3 good DEs for a good OL where we need help seems like a smart move

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

and i think wake can net more then a 2nd, thats just where I start the bidding at

I agree if Philbin and Hickey had job security and we knew what Jordan had in the pocket. You move Wake before the down turn and get the most value.

As of right now, putting hype, homers, and trolls aside Jordan is unknown and Vernon has shown some flashes.

In a pass happy league you don't want to ship out your greatest defesnive threat in hopes Jordan shines and Vernon was not a product of Wake getting all of the attention.

...Miami looking all these DE's may mean a trade.

Talk to Kareem Martin-North Carolina

Martin has a good explosion off the line of scrimmage and overall is a very good athlete. I would like to see him add some bulk to his frame, and become a stronger player overall. He also is a proven playmaker recording 14.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks last season.

likes Larry Webster-Bloomsburg Webster is a former basketball player who has only played one year of college football. He is still very raw and needs to add some muscle to his 6-7 240 pound frame.

meeting with Zach Moore Concordia-St. Paul Moore is one of the more impressive Division Two prospects I have seen this year. He is a good athlete, who has put up big numbers at his level of competition. I am very interested to see how this prospect will match up against FBS completion come All-Star game time.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...t_paul_has_had_four_private_workouts/16141615

there is a rumor out there that some teams have larry webster on their board as a TE

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Wake (32) is the best we have -> but no he is not safe to be traded -> he played a lot of Fball in Canada he has wear on his body and it started to show last year

Jordan ain't going anywhere

i don't think it showed, he just got an injured knee and wasn't the same after that, if you don't count the game winning sack in overtime against cincy....LOL

No it doesn't, our D is already weaker this yr than last, we don't need to subtract from it to help the OL.....we need 3 pass rushers, Coyle just needs to figure out how to get them on the field at the same time.....we can not go into the season with guys like Shelby as back ups unless he has improved his play to were he can be a starter....our depth is terrible at the LB position don't need to make it worse by trading away our good players without a plan to replace them.

Wake isn't going anywhere our best DE and you talk about trading him? Maybe if Jordan was the next big thing starting in the lineup! But he isn't he is still a project! So now what!

Hickey's saying he expects big things from Jordan, and I don't think we see fair value for Jordan's talent in a trade. Now that Ireland is gone, would it be a surprise to see his two pets(Ellerbe and Wheeler), particularly Wheeler see more bench time and Jordan get more LB time?

I think part of the reason it took so long to get a GM was the structure that Ross wanted after last years debacle. I think Philbin, who is Ross's guy, and unless he falls completely flat on his face or McMahon calls up Ross when his contracts out, will be our coach for at least another two season. I think Philbin told Ross that he felt pressured and hamstrung by the moves that Ireland made during the season, and that he felt he couldn't work with Ireland and he felt that he was pushed to do what Ireland wanted. I think thats why Philbin didnt play Jordan more over Wheeler. I also think that due to Philbin's talking to Ross about the situation led Ross to telling GM prospects that Philbin would answer to Ross and not the GM....which scared off some GM candidates.

Having said all that, I think Hickey and Philbin have a much better working relationship, and its in both of their best interests to keep it that way, which is why I think they will work together on talent/roster development, but that come gameday....Philbin will feel the freedom to put players on the field based on what they will do and not whether the GM wants them in there. Especially now that he and the GM both understand he reports to Ross in the end.

IF, and its a big IF, Ross can finally get the right group of people in the front office, it could work out fantastically.....see Baltimore or Green Bay. But if the GM or the coach starts to feel like its more their success than the others success and not 'our success'....we will end up with a Baalke/McMahon situation. Hopefully they are both great at their jobs and work together and both have the freedom to do what they need to do. I've always felt the GM absolutely must rely on the coaches input on roster development, while the coach must rely on the GM for scouting reports and details and trade and free agent options based on the salary cap, etc.

Back
Top Bottom