Something that honestly amazes me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something that honestly amazes me

DolFan Dan said:
I can only speak for myself, but it's hard to blame the QB when your left tackle is just standing there watching him get pummeled. I half expected MacIntosh to start waving goodbye to Joey as he went down. It was a pathetic display on his part.

I agree. DMac is the worst player on the offense without a doubt.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I agree. DMac is the worst player on the offense without a doubt.

Funny thing is . . . it was his switch to LT that got this line in sync . . . Shelton was getting passed every Sunday at LT when Pep was in . . . but now Joey has a bad game and Dmac is to blame when he has been fairly consistent throughout this whole ordeal.

I agree he is not a premier LT, but we are putting him in at LT because it was obvious last year and this year that he is our best option there with our current personel, and IMO is a valuable lineman on this team. This record could possibly be much worse hadn't he stepped up and start helping this line play better. So he had a tuff game against maybe the best DLine in the NFL . . . jeez, that shouldn't take away his efforts in previous games.

It's funny, the last few weeks people were lauding DMac as "serviceable" and he gets blatantly exposed this week vs. the Jags. It's weird, though, he did pretty good against the stud DE's of Chicago, KC, and Minni. Who the hell did the Jags have lined up against him, I know Spicer was on IR...

WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
It's funny, the last few weeks people were lauding DMac as "serviceable" and he gets blatantly exposed this week vs. the Jags. It's weird, though, he did pretty good against the stud DE's of Chicago, KC, and Minni. Who the hell did the Jags have lined up against him, I know Spicer was on IR...

Consistency and excellent play is why above all else, we have to address the OL this year. C and LT are spots I think we'll go, along with RB, CB, and LB (the above subject to change in regards to FA).

Wallace758 said:
What Amazes Me Is How Matt Jones (the Most Overrated Player Ever) Has Over 120 Yards Against Us!!! That's What Amazes Me? Who Is He?

Uh, 6-6, 238 lbs, sub 4.4 speed as measured by BLESTO, 1st round pick of
the Jags. Let's see what Nick Saban had to say about him:

LSU coach Nick Saban said, "Matt Jones single-handedly won more games than any player in the SEC."

Chris Mortensen:

"He didn't know it at the time, but Young was talking about someone available in the 2005 NFL draft -- a guy I believe is the best player in the draft.
Matt Jones is that player. Yes, the Arkansas quarterback NFL evaluators have been struggling to figure out.
Some have called him the most "intriguing" player in the draft. Or, as one personnel director asked me last week, "How's The Freak?"
Jones is a freak. Let's just remind you of his measurables again, as now officially recorded from his scouting combine and pro day workouts."
Height: 6-6¼
Weight: 242
40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39
40 time (electronic): 4.40
Vertical jump: 39.5 inches
Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2025109

In a couple years, Matt jones could be the Best WR, or most Dominate WR in teh NFL..

Bingo!

WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
We start out 1-6 and then climb back to respectability at 5-6 and then get beat by a team that, lets face it, is more talented than ours and presented major size mismatches. Saban coaches us up to win four in a row, against pretty tough teams, and then due to one player's piss poor preformance, and the lack of playmaking response in the secondary after two critical mistakes, and people are calling for his head again. I love it how people were talking playoffs and Harrington being our savior last week and asking if Saban won out if he could win Coach of the year, Harrington Comeback Player of the Year, etc.

Folks, lets all be realists here. I don't have the same disdain for Harrington that many do, I just feel that he is the most mistake-prone player on our roster. I also feel that there is a double-standard for when Culpepper was taking a ton of sacks vs. when Joey did this game (I have yet to see anybody mention this). I also happen to see an incredibly bipolar attitude in general from the fans where if we win four games in a row, people get back into the same mentality that we had prior to the season that we were going to the Super Bowl. I just wish our fans would use level heads to appraise the talent on the roster vs. the production that has been achieved with it the past two years. Also, I wish our fans would appraise the influx of talent being put on this roster as well.

All in all, I am just tired of the "Saban is God" crew one one week, then after a loss "Saban ****ed up" group. I am tired after a game that Harrington threw more TD's than INT's people warming up the annointing oil for him and saying that Culpepper got us in this hole to begin with. I am also tired of people saying that a half-healthy Culpepper would be doing better for us right now, etc. because we know they are on about even ground at this point.

All I want for Christmas is the playoffs...some year.

Best post I've seen this YEAR.

WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
We start out 1-6 and then climb back to respectability at 5-6 and then get beat by a team that, lets face it, is more talented than ours and presented major size mismatches. Saban coaches us up to win four in a row, against pretty tough teams, and then due to one player's piss poor preformance, and the lack of playmaking response in the secondary after two critical mistakes, and people are calling for his head again. I love it how people were talking playoffs and Harrington being our savior last week and asking if Saban won out if he could win Coach of the year, Harrington Comeback Player of the Year, etc.

Folks, lets all be realists here. I don't have the same disdain for Harrington that many do, I just feel that he is the most mistake-prone player on our roster. I also feel that there is a double-standard for when Culpepper was taking a ton of sacks vs. when Joey did this game (I have yet to see anybody mention this). I also happen to see an incredibly bipolar attitude in general from the fans where if we win four games in a row, people get back into the same mentality that we had prior to the season that we were going to the Super Bowl. I just wish our fans would use level heads to appraise the talent on the roster vs. the production that has been achieved with it the past two years. Also, I wish our fans would appraise the influx of talent being put on this roster as well.

All in all, I am just tired of the "Saban is God" crew one one week, then after a loss "Saban ****ed up" group. I am tired after a game that Harrington threw more TD's than INT's people warming up the annointing oil for him and saying that Culpepper got us in this hole to begin with. I am also tired of people saying that a half-healthy Culpepper would be doing better for us right now, etc. because we know they are on about even ground at this point.

I can't give you the playoffs for Christmas this year - but I'll pay for your VIP membership for a year if you want.

At least then you won't have to subject yourself to those threads unless you want to... :wink:

Kdawg954 said:
He is a 6'6 WR w/ 4.3 speed who maybe has the most upside of any receiver in this league. He happened to finally wake up against us tho . . . go figure.

Jones presented a major mis match and he held on to his catches. Whenever we could not get to Garrard he killed us once he got out of the pocket. His accuracy outside of the pocket is another thing that was amazing! I would have to say their receivers as a group right now is playing better than ours and simply put the Jags are a better team. Nothing cheap. Just the stark reality.

Wallace758 said:
What Amazes Me Is How Matt Jones (the Most Overrated Player Ever) Has Over 120 Yards Against Us!!! That's What Amazes Me? Who Is He?
How can you say someone is the most over-rated player and then ask who he is ????
Get used to him... the guy is a Monster.... i predicted he and Jones-Drew would burn us.

only Matt Jones and MJD scare me when concerning our denfense.....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172046

DolFan Dan said:
I can only speak for myself, but it's hard to blame the QB when your left tackle is just standing there watching him get pummeled. I half expected MacIntosh to start waving goodbye to Joey as he went down. It was a pathetic display on his part.

Was the same thing with Daunte out there. Trust me.

WPBtoRNOFinFan said:

It was a disappointing loss. Most people that hate Saban didn't change their minds over the streak though, and vice versa. You act like Jax is some great team. They might not even make the playoffs. Miami beat two teams that are better than them during that streak. You're talking about a team that lost not just once (like the fins) but twice to Houston and to Buffalo as well. They are not the powerhouse that some want to make them out to be. The Texans' secondary didn't have a problem with that size mismatch. You know how great their defense is. The rookies in Buffalo managed it too. Miami should have won this game and nobody's going to take them seriously again until they can start winning more of the games that they should.

Back
Top Bottom