Sounds like Denver had an agenda? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Denver had an agenda?

finjim

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Of course if I was forced to live in that rodeo capital of the world I'd probably be so bored I'd have to start BS rumors too. :tantrum:

What was the agenda?

Ricky suspended for a year is no good to the Broncos either.

Do you blame the Broncos for doing thourough research before acquiring him? Their agenda was smart business...

Rodeo capital of the world? I thought that was Wyoming? You know...where Brokeback Mtn takes place. LOL. Although, I work just 2 minutes from the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame here in Colorado Springs. :rolleyes2 But I agree that this wouldn't help the Broncos case since it will likely lead to Ricky's suspension. Had this been just unconfirmed rumors then I would be more inclined to believe that.

FakeSpike13 said:
Do you blame the Broncos for doing thourough research before acquiring him? Their agenda was smart business...
I don't think it was probably even Denver's research.

They probably contacted Miami about a trade, and the Dolphins said "don't waste your time, Sticky failed another test". Miami can't trade Williams in the middle of a suspension or appeal.

Leaking this info gave the Broncos no advantage, unless the entire story was made up by the Broncos. All indications are that that isn't the case.

jspchief said:
I don't think it was probably even Denver's research.

They probably contacted Miami about a trade, and the Dolphins said "don't waste your time, Sticky failed another test". Miami can't trade Williams in the middle of a suspension or appeal.

I don't buy that either. Why would they do that knowing the backlash that would come about? They wouldn't tell the Broncos before the media. Especially since it's not 100% certain that this won't be overturned.

K-Rob said:
I don't buy that either. Why would they do that knowing the backlash that would come about? They wouldn't tell the Broncos before the media. Especially since it's not 100% certain that this won't be overturned.
Because they have no good excuse to jack Denver around for a month while the appeal is in process. This story was going to get out anyway. Probably sooner than later.

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Miami was straight with Denver. Why wouldn't they be? They're probably as sick of getting shafted by Sticky as the fans are.

jspchief said:
Because they have no good excuse to jack Denver around for a month while the appeal is in process. This story was going to get out anyway. Probably sooner than later.

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Miami was straight with Denver. Why wouldn't they be? They're probably as sick of getting shafted by Sticky as the fans are.

Nope. All they'd have to say is..."Ricky is not available. But we'll keep you in mind."

jspchief said:
What was the agenda?

Ricky suspended for a year is no good to the Broncos either.

It's amazing to me how in other posts you can find the underlying meanings, but you can't see something as obvious as this.

Denver probably didn't want to give what we were asking. Knowing that a possible trade for breeze could land him in San Diego, or a Raiders team that always seems to get players with situations like T.O. and Ricky, they made him unavailabele for trade until after the draft by leaking the story.

Basically they said if we can't have him for our price than nobody will have him.

People stop saying this was the Broncos screwing us over

1- If it was they would get caught, the Broncos didnt issue Ricky a drug test the NFL did and they know he failed

2- Does anyone realize how much trouble denver could get in for pulling something like that?

The story leaked one way or another but it has nothing to do with The Broncos making up stories

jspchief said:

Ricky didn't "shaft" anyone. He left a broken down team with many issues stemming from the coaching staff. I don't blame Ricky for that. I will say he did not do it in a responsable way, however if you are still holding a grudge from that you have more issues than Ricky.:shakeno:

Denver used a stab in the back to take out a player with tactics off the field instead of their typical cheap shots with intent to injure players on the field.

Denver is a peice of crap orginazation from the top down, has been for years.:tantrum:

ajajaj said:
It's amazing to me how in other posts you can find the underlying meanings, but you can't see something as obvious as this.

Denver probably didn't want to give what we were asking. Knowing that a possible trade for breeze could land him in San Diego, or a Raiders team that always seems to get players with situations like T.O. and Ricky, they made him unavailabele for trade until after the draft by leaking the story.

Basically they said if we can't have him for our price than nobody will have him.
But you're assuming he can be had at all.

A failed 4th drug test means a 1 year suspension, and no one can have him at any point.

For Denver to have had this evil plan, they would have to know that Sticky is going to win the appeal. And if anyone knew for a fact that he was going to win the appeal, why would they try to suspend him in the first place?

Alex22 said:
People stop saying this was the Broncos screwing us over

1- If it was they would get caught, the Broncos didnt issue Ricky a drug test the NFL did and they know he failed

2- Does anyone realize how much trouble denver could get in for pulling something like that?

The story leaked one way or another but it has nothing to do with The Broncos making up stories

1. Of course they didn't administer the drug test, could you maybe argue with information my two year old couldn't figure out please. The point is this should have gone under the radar like many in the past have for many other players. Instead this is now in the limelight and the NFL may be forced by public opinion to take a more stern action than they would have had this been taken care of behind closed doors, how it should have been. Theirfore inhibiting Ricky's carreer and our power and ability to trade him to others.

2. A reporter doesn't have to reveal his sources therefore letting Denver get by without getting caught.

No, the story was not "made up by the broncos", but it was made public by a reporter having ties to the bronco's very shortly after they (the broncos) began investigating Ricky's past. That is amazingly convinient don't ya think???

jspchief said:
But you're assuming he can be had at all.

A failed 4th drug test means a 1 year suspension, and no one can have him at any point.

For Denver to have had this evil plan, they would have to know that Sticky is going to win the appeal. And if anyone knew for a fact that he was going to win the appeal, why would they try to suspend him in the first place?

Ricky probably would have won the appeal as many players do "under the radar". The substance wasn't marijuana (sp?) it was something else. He studies haulistic (sp?) medicine. Many hearbs can be used and create false posotives. That was probably the case.

I'm suggesting in the discussion denver couldn't get him for what they wanted and in turn out of spite, or the fear of a division rival being willing to give Miami what they wanted for him they purposely leaked the info.

They know what Nick wants for Ricky and it's as we all know draft picks. If they can tie Ricky up (which they apparently did) until after the draft, no rival can get him. It's smart, amazingly easy to see, but impossable to prove.

It just showes the integrity of a crappy organization who will ruin anyone, if it suits their immediate benefit.

Back
Top Bottom