Sounds like Denver had an agenda? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Denver had an agenda?

finjim said:
Of course if I was forced to live in that rodeo capital of the world I'd probably be so bored I'd have to start BS rumors too. :tantrum:

Im kind of wondering about this. I know people say that Denver has no bnenefit from ricky suspension but I'm thinking that Denver hopes Miami will release him after the mess is over and claim him off the waivers and have him play next year. Seriously, I just think its too funy that Denver was the team seriously interested in Ricky but they didnt want to get rid of any picks higher then a 6th (which was reported by some).

Denver investigates Ricky by doing research. Denver then discovers that ricky failed a 4th drug test. An anonymous person discloses this with the Denver Media.

By doing this IMHO I believe Denver really wanted to "Low-Ball" Miami so they could acquire Ricky for literally nothing. Im willing to bet 100.00 Paypal if ricky gets suspended for one year and Miami waives him, Denver will come calling.

westernnyphinfa said:
This makes sense now....

Dolphins hint at wanting to trade Ricky....

Dolphins find out that Ricky Failed a Drug Test.....

Broncos inquire about Ricky's availablity......

Dolphins say they have no interest in trading Ricky.......

Broncos offer a SECOND ROUND PICK ......

Dolphins realize that this is going to be the best they can get immediately start the appeal process

Broncos get suspicious due to the non-committment they get from Miami

Broncos contact League office, someone leaks the information that Ricky failed a test.......all be it not marijuana , but none the less failed the test.

Broncos leak information to Local TV outlet

Story leaks.....

Realization that Ricky did indeed fail the test lowers players value, therefore Ricky is no longer going to be worth a 2nd round pick.

No comment can be made by the NFL as Williams can't be contacted till April.........

How does that sound to all of you?

sounds pretty damn good.

finjim said:
Of course if I was forced to live in that rodeo capital of the world I'd probably be so bored I'd have to start BS rumors too. :tantrum:

No offense Jim but I'd take Denver over Tampa in a second.

So, you're saying that Denver made up or inflated the report so that they could watch him get exonerated and then pick him up on the cheap? Interesting. Cruel but interesting.

Just face it yall.Ricky failed the test for a FOURTH time.He doesnt want to play football.I hoped he could stay clean at least for another year or so,but it doesnt look like thats the case.No matter how we try its like pulling teeth to try and support the man.Some things you wish would change,but the more you wish the more things stay the same.Id like to wait and see how this thing plays out but it looks like Rickys day are done.And no Colorado isnt rodeo country.

ajajaj said:
Ricky probably would have won the appeal as many players do "under the radar". The substance wasn't marijuana (sp?) it was something else. He studies haulistic (sp?) medicine. Many hearbs can be used and create false posotives. That was probably the case.

I'm suggesting in the discussion denver couldn't get him for what they wanted and in turn out of spite, or the fear of a division rival being willing to give Miami what they wanted for him they purposely leaked the info.

They know what Nick wants for Ricky and it's as we all know draft picks. If they can tie Ricky up (which they apparently did) until after the draft, no rival can get him. It's smart, amazingly easy to see, but impossable to prove.

It just showes the integrity of a crappy organization who will ruin anyone, if it suits their immediate benefit.

good man and good posts. You, I and maybe some people are started to see thins in a different light. I really think they are trying to low ball miami. It makes too much sense when they can get a player that good for literally nothing.

finzforever3000 said:
Just face it yall.Ricky failed the test for a FOURTH time.He doesnt want to play football.I hoped he could stay clean at least for another year or so,but it doesnt look like thats the case.No matter how we try its like pulling teeth to try and support the man.Some things you wish would change,but the more you wish the more things stay the same.Id like to wait and see how this thing plays out but it looks like Rickys day are done.And no Colorado isnt rodeo country.

You cant make those statments because the fact is that there is no official word in if he failed a drug test by taking illegal susbstances or for a NON-show.

Nobody will know until the end of the month!

If someone with the Broncos did this then they need to be kicked out the NFL forever and the Broncos need to be fined millions of dollars. Would be awfully hard to prove something like that happened though

BALLS DEEP said:

So, you're saying that Denver made up or inflated the report so that they could watch him get exonerated and then pick him up on the cheap? Interesting. Cruel but interesting.

Seriously, its making really wonder!
:confused:

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
If someone with the Broncos did this then they need to be kicked out the NFL forever and the Broncos need to be fined millions of dollars. Would be awfully hard to prove something like that happened though

It would never be proved which is good if your Denver.

:(

AquaAssasin said:
Im kind of wondering about this. I know people say that Denver has no bnenefit from ricky suspension but I'm thinking that Denver hopes Miami will release him after the mess is over and claim him off the waivers and have him play next year. Seriously, I just think its too funy that Denver was the team seriously interested in Ricky but they didnt want to get rid of any picks higher then a 6th (which was reported by some).

Denver investigates Ricky by doing research. Denver then discovers that ricky failed a 4th drug test. An anonymous person discloses this with the Denver Media.

By doing this IMHO I believe Denver really wanted to "Low-Ball" Miami so they could acquire Ricky for literally nothing. Im willing to bet 100.00 Paypal if ricky gets suspended for one year and Miami waives him, Denver will come calling.

I don't think this really plays out. If Ricky wins his appeal then we would have no reason to release him. If Ricky is proven to be wrong then he will be suspended. Either way Denver doesn't get him unless a deal is worked out. And the only way a deal can be worked out is if he's proven innocent. Keeping his trade value (hopefully) the same.

BALLS DEEP said:

that's what I'm saying. Denver is known for being a dirty organization, this isn't a stretch at all.

I'd rather burn in hell for all eternity than to spend 2 minutes in Denver.

Tampa is PARADISE.:dolphins:

AquaAssasin said:

of course they would...why not. EVERYBODY will, so Denver would be bidding against everyone else. Denver the football org, stood to gain nothing from this. We don't have to ever cut him if we don't want, and there would be no reason to do it until the preseasons last cut anyway. Again, it does not matter one whit what others think he is valued at. The ONLY one who matters is Nick Saban. He isn't a dummy and unlike these hundreds of "lets trade Ricky for......" threads he won't give him away unless he gets HIS value. If Ricky survives his appeal, this event will only serve to make it MORE likely he stays.

finjim said:
I'd rather burn in hell for all eternity than to spend 2 minutes in Denver.

Tampa is PARADISE.:dolphins:

Ummm......nah! Give me mountain biking , snowboarding and ski bunnies any day over brutal heat, humidity and over baked hoochies on the beach. And I was born and raised in Miami.

K-Rob said:
I don't think this really plays out. If Ricky wins his appeal then we would have no reason to release him. If Ricky is proven to be wrong then he will be suspended. Either way Denver doesn't get him unless a deal is worked out. And the only way a deal can be worked out is if he's proven innocent. Keeping his trade value (hopefully) the same.

Im thinking if hes guilty which im starting to think hes not now. Denver has alot to gain from this. I know some people will disagree but IMHO I really think Denver was the mastermind in this.

cnc66 said:
of course they would...why not. EVERYBODY will, so Denver would be bidding against everyone else. Denver the football org, stood to gain nothing from this. We don't have to ever cut him if we don't want, and there would be no reason to do it until the preseasons last cut anyway. Again, it does not matter one whit what others think he is valued at. The ONLY one who matters is Nick Saban. He isn't a dummy and unlike these hundreds of "lets trade Ricky for......" threads he won't give him away unless he gets HIS value. If Ricky survives his appeal, this event will only serve to make it MORE likely he stays.

Sounds good to me!

Back
Top Bottom