Sounds like Denver had an agenda? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Denver had an agenda?

ajajaj said:
he only thinks when he can belittle a conversation. The obvious some how eludes him.:confused:
When you can't attack the issue, attack the person. Pathetic.

DBroncos4life said:
Regardless of how I worded it, it still comes out that the Phins where trying to trade a player after they knew he didn't pass his 4th test meaning he could be out for atleast one year. You don't think Denvers FO has the right to know whats going on when it comes to trying to trade for a player? I could just see a team trying to trade a player that is in a coma when no one knows about it :lol:

Maybe you didn't read my post completely, or just didn't understand what I said.

Of course Denver has the right to fully investigate any and all possible trades and know as much as possible about the player they are going to invest a lot of money in.

That's not my point. You went around my point that regardless of what they learned they had no right to go public with it. That is a federal offense. Unfortunately the freedom of the press allows for the author to keep his source secret and the guilty party will be allowed to screw more people over in the future with apparently no negative affects to them.

So yes if it makes you happy I think the fins knew of the failed test and thought it to be a winnable appeal. Therefore were trying to set up the trade after the "behind the scenes" appeal was concluded.

Then I beleive the ngotiations went south for whatever reason and Miami wanted to much and/or Denver tried to low ball at the last minute. Then when it was appearant the deal might not go through, they wanted to make sure if they didn't get him nobody else (that could negatively affect their super bowl run in '06) would get him. Miami I don't believe, as we stand now, is a contender in Denver's eyes so him stayinig in Miami won't be to bad for them. If he goes to Pittsburgh, Indy, Oakland, or another team with a strong O-Line that might become a contender with Ricky having him on the open market for trade could hinder their super bowl run.

jspchief said:
When you can't attack the issue, attack the person. Pathetic.

oh, no. I can attack the issue, that was just for fun...:wink: seemed intellegent
so how does it feel to be the pot calling the kettle black?

ajajaj said:
oh, no. I can attack the issue, that was just for fun...:wink: seemed intellegent
so how does it feel to be the pot calling the kettle black?

and yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose.:wink:

DBroncos4life said:
SO let me get this straight, The Phins first find out Ricky failed a test and STILL tried to trade a player that was suspended??? If your FO tried something like that with us, you bet your *** we would have leaked the story. Also you can't cut a player that has been suspended, its against the rules. So you can forget about the idea Denver will just pick him up after you cut him.

No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that your way over the cap, old age Broncos, wondered why miami had not responded to the trade that was offerred, then decided to investigate, and some idiot at the NFL League office , who probably will be fired, leaked the information that Williams failed the test.

Is that clear, or are you to busy smoking the 1 oz weed that's legal to carry around in Mile "high" town?

ajajaj said:
Maybe you didn't read my post completely, or just didn't understand what I said.

Of course Denver has the right to fully investigate any and all possible trades and know as much as possible about the player they are going to invest a lot of money in.

That's not my point. You went around my point that regardless of what they learned they had no right to go public with it. That is a federal offense. Unfortunately the freedom of the press allows for the author to keep his source secret and the guilty party will be allowed to screw more people over in the future with apparently no negative affects to them.

So yes if it makes you happy I think the fins knew of the failed test and thought it to be a winnable appeal. Therefore were trying to set up the trade after the "behind the scenes" appeal was concluded.

Then I beleive the ngotiations went south for whatever reason and Miami wanted to much and/or Denver tried to low ball at the last minute. Then when it was appearant the deal might not go through, they wanted to make sure if they didn't get him nobody else (that could negatively affect their super bowl run in '06) would get him. Miami I don't believe, as we stand now, is a contender in Denver's eyes so him stayinig in Miami won't be to bad for them. If he goes to Pittsburgh, Indy, Oakland, or another team with a strong O-Line that might become a contender with Ricky having him on the open market for trade could hinder their super bowl run.

wow, the story was leaked to Denver, not the other way around, so if any laws got broken it was by the NFL not Denver. As I said before how is Williams a upgrade over Edge? Pretty much a wash, Pitt wouldn't trade for Williams either, I told you they have RBs. Parker is very good. The Raiders? They have the worst Oline in the NFL, and they just gave Jordan a ton of cash last year. Maybe they would trade for him, but that team isn't going anywhere. As far as low balling Denver never ever said they would give anything high for Williams, and why would they? He will be 29 to start the next year, they have more rushing yards then any team over the last 15 years, MA and Bell rushed for 1900 plus yards and 20 tds. Our system is made to take any back and make them look good. Sure it would be great to have a back like Williams but not for what you guys think he is worth. Get real we wouldn't trade a 2nd rounder for Dillion and he never quit for a year nor has he failed three drug tests before.
Really you have no more clue then I do if he can even win this appeal, all we know that it isn't for weed, still the NFL can say sorry you failed its over.

AquaAssasin said:
It would never be proved which is good if your Denver.

:(

The Broncos thought the same thing in the late 90's when they circumvented the salary cap and had to pay a $1 million dollar fine and forfeit a 3rd round pick. Which was a slap on the wrist considering Denver won 2 Superbowls while cheating. So why wouldn't they consider cheating again if they feel it could get them another ring in 2006 or 2007?

westernnyphinfa said:
No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that your way over the cap, old age Broncos, wondered why miami had not responded to the trade that was offerred, then decided to investigate, and some idiot at the NFL League office , who probably will be fired, leaked the information that Williams failed the test.

Is that clear, or are you to busy smoking the 1 oz weed that's legal to carry around in Mile "high" town?
We are not way over the cap. Our cap number is high because the voided contracts are still on there. We rework a couple deals already.
Lepsis and Warren now become the focus. Talks with Lepsis and Warren are ongoing, and the team is hopeful it will re-sign both by March 3, when free agency begins. It's likely talks with both players will intensify this weekend in Indianapolis, when the team and the agents are at the NFL combine. The team is not likely to use the franchise tag on either player.
Both those guys are FA's March 3rd, their contracts voided out at the end of the year, even though each players 6 mill in contract was still listed on the books. Its a fake number, but I don't think you will understand that.

DBroncos4life said:
wow, the story was leaked to Denver, not the other way around, so if any laws got broken it was by the NFL not Denver. As I said before how is Williams a upgrade over Edge? Pretty much a wash, Pitt wouldn't trade for Williams either, I told you they have RBs. Parker is very good. The Raiders? They have the worst Oline in the NFL, and they just gave Jordan a ton of cash last year. Maybe they would trade for him, but that team isn't going anywhere. As far as low balling Denver never ever said they would give anything high for Williams, and why would they? He will be 29 to start the next year, they have more rushing yards then any team over the last 15 years, MA and Bell rushed for 1900 plus yards and 20 tds. Our system is made to take any back and make them look good. Sure it would be great to have a back like Williams but not for what you guys think he is worth. Get real we wouldn't trade a 2nd rounder for Dillion and he never quit for a year nor has he failed three drug tests before.
Really you have no more clue then I do if he can even win this appeal, all we know that it isn't for weed, still the NFL can say sorry you failed its over.

Look, bottom line is Denver is dirty and this has stink written all over it. Make up all the crap about what teams wouldn't trade for Ricky. Oh, by the way the difference in Edge and Ricky is the Colts can afford Ricky, but not Edge, so NO they are no where close to a wash.

Denver is asside from the Raiders the worst organization in the NFL, possibly all of sports.

The NFL gave the info to Denver on their request for info on a player they were trading for. Denver gave that info to the press. Why would an NFL source want to lose his job and potentially get sued for going to the press?

ajajaj said:
Look, bottom line is Denver is dirty and this has stink written all over it. Make up all the crap about what teams wouldn't trade for Ricky. Oh, by the way the difference in Edge and Ricky is the Colts can afford Ricky, but not Edge, so NO they are no where close to a wash.

Denver is asside from the Raiders the worst organization in the NFL, possibly all of sports.

The NFL gave the info to Denver on their request for info on a player they were trading for. Denver gave that info to the press. Why would an NFL source want to lose his job and potentially get sued for going to the press?
The NFL is NOT allowed to give info to teams about players the failed drug tests, if they did in fact give it to Denver thats their problem. Like I said before, Denver leaking this story really only HELPS Ricky.

As for Ricky being cheaper then James that maybe but talent wise? Its the same. Now for you attacking my team, I can live with that. Its alright. Live in your little everyone is out to get Ricky but Ricky. I wanted him to go to Denver, I wanted a trade. I defended him on my board over and over again. The point is HE put himself in this possition, not the Broncos.

ajajaj said:

Are we certain that the Broncos were given that information (by the NFL), or did someone give it without permission,

Meaning is it policy for the league to allow each franchise to share confidential information regarding a player???? Or should the NFL had told the Broncos they had no information as of right now, and then made it public once the appeal process completed?

westernnyphinfa said:
Are we certain that the Broncos were given that information (by the NFL), or did someone give it without permission,

Meaning is it policy for the league to allow each franchise to share confidential information regarding a player???? Or should the NFL had told the Broncos they had no information as of right now, and then made it public once the appeal process completed?
I don't believe the NFL can give out any info about a player. How Denver ended up with the NFL doesn't really matter, the fact is this looks bad on the NFL's part because the story got leaked. Which means Denver in ways only helped Williams out by making him have a stronger case against the NFL.

your team was considering a trade. As they should, knowing his history they inquired the NFL as to his status. This inquiry came back with an outstanding suspension. After learning this, I am sure your team was no longer interested. From this point who knows what went down, I'd bet, someone on your staff...not necessarily an important one either, made a call to his favorite news guy and spilled the beans.

no big conspiracy or intent to do harm by your Club, just an idiot employee.

DBroncos4life said:
I don't believe the NFL can give out any info about a player. How Denver ended up with the NFL doesn't really matter, the fact is this looks bad on the NFL's part because the story got leaked. Which means Denver in ways only helped Williams out by making him have a stronger case against the NFL.

That's a very interesting point. Im going to have to mull that over, so your saying that its possible both sides miami/denver knew about the failed test, and figured that in leaking the info would pressure the nfl into allowing ricky to play? For an oliver stone conspiracy theorist (that's me) I like your theory.

westernnyphinfa said:
That's a very interesting point. Im going to have to mull that over, so your saying that its possible both sides miami/denver knew about the failed test, and figured that in leaking the info would pressure the nfl into allowing ricky to play? For an oliver stone conspiracy theorist (that's me) I like your theory.
Well that would play right into the poster that claimed RW was in Denver last week.

Back
Top Bottom