Sounds like Denver had an agenda? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Denver had an agenda?

AquaAssasin said:
You cant make those statments because the fact is that there is no official word in if he failed a drug test by taking illegal susbstances or for a NON-show.

Nobody will know until the end of the month!
I hope this pans out well for him,but obviously there are 10000 things wrong with everything that has gone on the last few days.Thats why I said lets see how things play out.Ricky is a strange cat though,theres no telling what the real story is.

Now people suggesting Denver did this so we cut him OH PLEASE

The story leaking early has NOTHING to do with whether we cut him or not, even if they leaked the story him being suspended a year is the same either way, them leaking the story would have NOTHING to do with us cutting him

westernnyphinfa said:
This makes sense now....

Dolphins hint at wanting to trade Ricky....

Dolphins find out that Ricky Failed a Drug Test.....

Broncos inquire about Ricky's availablity......

Dolphins say they have no interest in trading Ricky.......

Broncos offer a SECOND ROUND PICK ......

Dolphins realize that this is going to be the best they can get immediately start the appeal process

Broncos get suspicious due to the non-committment they get from Miami

Broncos contact League office, someone leaks the information that Ricky failed a test.......all be it not marijuana , but none the less failed the test.

Broncos leak information to Local TV outlet

Story leaks.....

Realization that Ricky did indeed fail the test lowers players value, therefore Ricky is no longer going to be worth a 2nd round pick.

No comment can be made by the NFL as Williams can't be contacted till April.........

How does that sound to all of you?
SO let me get this straight, The Phins first find out Ricky failed a test and STILL tried to trade a player that was suspended??? If your FO tried something like that with us, you bet your *** we would have leaked the story. Also you can't cut a player that has been suspended, its against the rules. So you can forget about the idea Denver will just pick him up after you cut him.

Alex22 said:
He wasnt going ANYWHERE in that divison though

Besides regardless of what everyone is saying, if this is a misunderstanding it will NOT hurt his trade value whatsoever I guarantee that

No it won't hurt his "value", but it will take our trading opportunity away by delaying the appeal process.

The situation could have been taken care of behind closed doors had it been a misunderstanding and it could have been resolved fairly quickly bypassing many hurdles which now have to be crossed b/c of the public eye.

I did not say he would go to a division rival, I said maybe a division rival would be willing to give up something for him that Denver would not and that fear caused the move on their part to make sure he was tied up in the appeal process and not tradable.

Where would Denver stand if Indy got Ricky?

What about Pittsburgh? Those teams haven't been mentioned much, but think about the O-Line of pitt with Ricky behind them. Denver could never beat them to contend for the super bowl which is exactly what I think denver is positioning to do. They want to make a Super bowl run this year and they are doing everything on and off the feild to make that happen.

westernnyphinfa said:
Broncos offer a SECOND ROUND PICK ......

That's hillarious.:sidelol:

What exactly makes you think that Ricky is worth a second round pick?

DBroncos4life said:
SO let me get this straight, The Phins first find out Ricky failed a test and STILL tried to trade a player that was suspended??? If your FO tried something like that with us, you bet your *** we would have leaked the story. Also you can't cut a player that has been suspended, its against the rules. So you can forget about the idea Denver will just pick him up after you cut him.

I know you were responding to someone else, but I think as far as how I see it that you are a little confused.

Ricky was not suspended. He failed a test and appealed the failed test, not the suspension. No NFL source has confirmed Ricky was suspended.

Regardless of the situation, Ricky's privacy is more important says the U.S. congress (the privacy act), than any agreement made by any player, team, or organization. Details of any kind are not allowed to be given regarding any medical testing (including durg testing) by federal law.

Alex22 said:
People stop saying this was the Broncos screwing us over

1- If it was they would get caught, the Broncos didnt issue Ricky a drug test the NFL did and they know he failed

2- Does anyone realize how much trouble denver could get in for pulling something like that?

The story leaked one way or another but it has nothing to do with The Broncos making up stories

Not for nothing...but the Broncos under Mike Shanahan cheated the salary cap...that's pretty serious

ajajaj said:
No it won't hurt his "value", but it will take our trading opportunity away by delaying the appeal process.

The situation could have been taken care of behind closed doors had it been a misunderstanding and it could have been resolved fairly quickly bypassing many hurdles which now have to be crossed b/c of the public eye.

I did not say he would go to a division rival, I said maybe a division rival would be willing to give up something for him that Denver would not and that fear caused the move on their part to make sure he was tied up in the appeal process and not tradable.

Where would Denver stand if Indy got Ricky?

What about Pittsburgh? Those teams haven't been mentioned much, but think about the O-Line of pitt with Ricky behind them. Denver could never beat them to contend for the super bowl which is exactly what I think denver is positioning to do. They want to make a Super bowl run this year and they are doing everything on and off the feild to make that happen.

I see he wouldn't had to appeal if the story wasn't leaked :rolleyes2
If it was a missunderstanding then why does it drag on now, and not behind closed doors like you suggested? Nothing has changed here besides the media knowing about it. As for Pitt or Indy getting Williams, is see it as a wash between Williams and James, both are very talented backs. Pitt really likes what they have now. Parker is a very good back, and Duce should be healthier next year. Again the appeals process will take the same amount of time now is it did before the media knew about it. If anything this gives Williams a stronger case against the NFL and its policy of privacy.

ajajaj said:
I know you were responding to someone else, but I think as far as how I see it that you are a little confused.

Ricky was not suspended. He failed a test and appealed the failed test, not the suspension. No NFL source has confirmed Ricky was suspended.

Regardless of the situation, Ricky's privacy is more important says the U.S. congress (the privacy act), than any agreement made by any player, team, or organization. Details of any kind are not allowed to be given regarding any medical testing (including durg testing) by federal law.
No Im saying if he doesn't win his appeal, he is suspended, which means he can't be cut. Which means Denver again can't get Ricky for nothing.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Not for nothing...but the Broncos under Mike Shanahan cheated the salary cap...that's pretty serious

Do you people know what happened or is it the same mindless banter from everyone?

I'll speak slowly...

Denver deffered the contracts from players sallaries from one year to the next. Denver reported this to the appropriate officials in accordance with the league rules. Denver did not pay the deferred salaries to the players on time after the season was over. It was an issue of players not being paid on time, not merely saying "screw the cap." Had we done that, we would have lost much more than two third round picks.

ajajaj said:

Regardless of how I worded it, it still comes out that the Phins where trying to trade a player after they knew he didn't pass his 4th test meaning he could be out for atleast one year. You don't think Denvers FO has the right to know whats going on when it comes to trying to trade for a player? I could just see a team trying to trade a player that is in a coma when no one knows about it :lol:

jspchief said:
What was the agenda?

Ricky suspended for a year is no good to the Broncos either.

think a little harder. they may know that what is in question can be appealed and won.

Noodle Arm said:
I find it amusing that some people are willing to point the finger at everybody BUT the person that failed the drug test.

If that was the issue of this thread maybe we would, but it's not the issue of this thread.

The issue at hand is why did Denver leak the info?

Maybe you posted to the wrong thread.

Just to give you the response you wanted. Ricky is at fault for originating the problem in the first place. However, you nor I know the facts regarding what happened. Could have been a missed test with travel issues (excusable), could have been a failed test with herbal supliments (possibly excusable), or it could have been a flagrant no show or legit failed test in which case it's not excusable in any way.

Now as I have stated many times if it was one of the listed "excusable offenses" it could have been solved behind closed doors within a week or two. Instead it is now in the public eye and has to go through all the red tape and legalities due to the leak.

finfan54 said:
think a little harder. they may know that what is in question can be appealed and won.

he only thinks when he can belittle a conversation. The obvious some how eludes him.:confused:

finfan54 said:
How would they know that "what is in question can be appealed and won"?

Are you suggesting the the Broncos know that the NFL is pursuing a frivolous case? If the Broncos know it, why wouldn't the league itself know it and just choose to not pursue it? Maybe they just have it out for Ricky.

Shhh, the black helicopters are overhead again.

Back
Top Bottom