Source: No Progress on Surtain Trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: No Progress on Surtain Trade

Jaj said:
Worst comes to worse we extend Surtain and make poole a FS. No I'm serious. He's very similar to Eugene Wilson. That knocks out a need of ours basically.

FS- Poole, Bell
SS- Jones, Bua
FS/SS- Tillman

Strong safety core IMO...
:eek: I like that idea alot. Poole and Bell are lights out

Phinsfan1980 said:
:eek: I like that idea alot. Poole and Bell are lights out

The contract part is the only annoying thing. This wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't signed Howard...

Jaj said:
Surtain is a zone CB who can't play the run? Some people really know nothing about football :fire:
yeah everyone knows that we always ran Man coverage. :rolleyes: But what do you expect from a Raiders fan? Hey by the way where are all those Chiefs fans who infested our board?

Minnphin said:
Yeah, I understand that, but why can't a deal for a pick this year be negotiated on draft day? I'm pretty sure its not against the rules. I'm sure the chiefs know what needs to be done to get the deal done.

I think it's just posturing by Peterson. I don't know if it'll happen but I still like the idea of KCs 4th this year and 2nd next.

I know that Texas paid more for Buchanon, who I don't believe is currently better than Surtain, but "the show" or whatever buchanon is rumored to be legally changing him name to does have the youth that surtain doesn't. I don't think our deal should be compared to that one but a 2nd and 4th would be great. IF it turns out to be just a second this year...I'd also be fine with that.

I honestly think that Peterson will wait until his pick comes up in the 1st round to make a decision on trading for surtain. IF, big if, by some miracle that Rolle, Jones, or Carlos slipped to them...we won't be trading Pat to KC. However, I don't think any of those 3 will slide that far. I think the trade happens...and it'll be during the draft...close the time that the last of the top 3 CBs are drafted.

That's actually not a bad idea. Poole is probably our strongest corner and a great tackler also. He'd add a different dynamic to that position.

Also, Yeremiah Bell is potential maximundo!!!! I love this guy.

Jaj said:
The contract part is the only annoying thing. This wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't signed Howard...
Yeah I thought we paid him too much money.

zephon said:
I think it's just posturing by Peterson. I don't know if it'll happen but I still like the idea of KCs 4th this year and 2nd next.

I know that Texas paid more for Buchanon, who I don't believe is currently better than Surtain, but "the show" or whatever buchanon is rumored to be legally changing him name to does have the youth that surtain doesn't. I don't think our deal should be compared to that one but a 2nd and 4th would be great. IF it turns out to be just a second this year...I'd also be fine with that.

I honestly think that Peterson will wait until his pick comes up in the 1st round to make a decision on trading for surtain. IF, big if, by some miracle that Rolle, Jones, or Carlos slipped to them...we won't be trading Pat to KC. However, I don't think any of those 3 will slide that far. I think the trade happens...and it'll be during the draft...close the time that the last of the top 3 CBs are drafted.
What? Buchanon is changing his name to the show? I always thought he was known as "Average Wide Recievers Ho"

I actually think it's going down right now...

shaadi said:
do u think this trade will go down at all?
Hard to say, but I think the chances are good that something will get done. Both teams have things to lose if a deal can't be struck.

There's also a good chance that K.C. doesn't get a chance at the top 3 CBs. In that situation they'd want to get Surtain and that's what they are preparing for.

Jaj said:
Surtain is a zone CB who can't play the run? Some people really know nothing about football :fire:

:roflmao:

That's as good as the mock draft saying that Saban will take Brown due to his pound it out ball control offense.

phinphanphrommi said:
:roflmao:

That's as good as the mock draft saying that Saban will take Brown due to his pound it out ball control offense.

Ya I puke when I read that :lol:

I have to vacuum my floor everday it seems.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom