Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault

zaskarkid

Isittopee
Reaction score
I suppose if he had the time and cared to, Sparano would let us sit in with him while he examines the tape and explain exactly where the breakdowns occurred. But during the press conference, he wouldn't point out exactly which player failed to do his assignment or simply got beaten.

Here's a bit from the article.

That's according to coach Tony Sparano, who declared the team's red-zone problems during Sunday's 23-22 loss to Pittsburgh the result of execution, not conception.
So, even after looking at the game tape, Sparano wouldn't second guess the Dolphins' first six offensive plays, which netted 9 yards and two field goals.

Wow Coach. We need to execute in the red zone lol?

CaptainObvious-1.jpg

I think it's good that Sparano is addressing this. If you take a look around there's a lot of people blaming the play calling.

The thought process might've been ok, but the calls ended up not being OK.

Henning bet on a single receiver route because he expected blitz. Since he didn't get it, the play went nowhere.

He called runs against what he expected was drop-back coverage. Since he didn't get it, the play went nowhere.

That's just nobody's fault. The D just out-thought you. Give them credit, go home.

I think it's good that Sparano is addressing this. If you take a look around there's a lot of people blaming the play calling.

Regardless of what the fans say... the coach should focus on his job. Don't let the noise bother you, or you'll be out of here faster than you can figure out the reason for so many losses...

what sparano means is the 7th rd rookie TE we got off waivers needs to do a better job blocking lamar woodley.

If every play was executed properly they would all be touchdowns. However, when everyone knows what your tendencies are then the chances of success are a lot slimmer. For instance, if we are 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 we are going to pretty much give it to Polite. The league has figured that out. Or when he has the pocket roll out right that is an automatic incomplete pass.

I am 100% positive I would punch Sparano in the face if I had the opportunity..... Actually arm bar so he can never fist pump a field goal again.

I suppose if he had the time and cared to, Sparano would let us sit in with him while he examines the tape and explain exactly where the breakdowns occurred. But during the press conference, he wouldn't point out exactly which player failed to do his assignment or simply got beaten.

Here's a bit from the article.

That's according to coach Tony Sparano, who declared the team's red-zone problems during Sunday's 23-22 loss to Pittsburgh the result of execution, not conception.
So, even after looking at the game tape, Sparano wouldn't second guess the Dolphins' first six offensive plays, which netted 9 yards and two field goals.

I think it will not be long....before Mortenson's revelation a month ago is realized.....TONY WILL BE SITTING CHAD HENNE FOR EITHER CHAD PENNINGTON OR TYLER THIGPEN....(DEPENDING ON IF SEASON IS OVER OR NOT),,,

Sparano has Henning's back ...

but sooner or later, one of them will lose their jobs because wether it's poor execution or poor play-calling, it starts with good coaching, which I don't feel we have on the offensive side of the ball

I think it will not be long....before Mortenson's revelation a month ago is realized.....TONY WILL BE SITTING CHAD HENNE FOR EITHER CHAD PENNINGTON OR TYLER THIGPEN....(DEPENDING ON IF SEASON IS OVER OR NOT),,,

THat is FREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING funny

Ricky Williams has to throw better in the red zone.

Sparano has Henning's back ...

but sooner or later, one of them will lose their jobs because wether it's poor execution or poor play-calling, it starts with good coaching, which I don't feel we have on the offensive side of the ball

Exactly they cut the LB from ST Erik W. because Sparano had John's Bonamojos (sp?) back and the next week after the Pats fiasco it's Bonemogo (sp?) - Sparano gives too much reins to his staff and it is gonn acost him his own job in the end...

BTW Belichek probably still smiling considering he knew he cost John Bonagigi his job - but I still put it on Sparano

I rewatched the Dolphins first 2 drives and Sparano is right..

There was alot of missed blocks..

I am not a fan of the formations and personal we used..

2 Te, 1 Wr 2 Rb sets and 2 Wr 1Te 2 rb...

Lousaka Polite pretty much whiffed on a CB..

Richie Ingognito wiffed on a play..Joe Berger got man handled by Casey Hampton.

Vernon Carey missed a blitz..Ronnie didnt see the blitz..

The only play call I thought that was absolutley atrousious was the Play action max protect call..

Back
Top Bottom