Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault

Dick Lebeau is arguably the best DC in the business for a reason, but it still boils down to execution by the players..

... last year Lebeau got Woodley matched up on Fasano, he blew through Fasano like he wasn't even there for a sack.. very next play Henning kept Lex Hilliard in to block and help Fasano with Woodley, he proceeded to destroy BOTH of them for a sack...

It doesn't matter who's calling the plays if two of your guy can't block one of theirs... period.

I tottally agree with what your saying..I just dont understand how Miami thought they were going to be able to run the ball against the steelers?

I really hope they are not this stubborn against Baltimore..

We just think that we can line up and 2 Te 2 Rb sets and run it down their throat?

It really makes no sense...Executing or not I think it was a poor gameplan..

Dick Lebeau is arguably the best DC in the business for a reason, but it still boils down to execution by the players..

... last year Lebeau got Woodley matched up on Fasano, he blew through Fasano like he wasn't even there for a sack.. very next play Henning kept Lex Hilliard in to block and help Fasano with Woodley, he proceeded to destroy BOTH of them for a sack...

It doesn't matter who's calling the plays if two of your guy can't block one of theirs... period.

yeah that was great coaching by lebeau. smart move to have woodley blow up the double team and get a sack. definitely why he's one of the best coordinators.

yeah that was great coaching by lebeau. smart move to have woodley blow up the double team and get a sack. definitely why he's one of the best coordinators.

Your sarcastic comment does not make any sense as a response to what TedSlim said?

They need to take the handcuffs off of Henne for better or for worse at some points during a game, especially early.
This max protect limits his targets and IMHO is covering the offensive line's poor play. Hello Sparano..offensive line guru?
We need to let Henne operate in a system like Marino used. Where is Gary Stevens?

I tottally agree with what your saying..I just dont understand how Miami thought they were going to be able to run the ball against the steelers?

I really hope they are not this stubborn against Baltimore..

We just think that we can line up and 2 Te 2 Rb sets and run it down their throat?

It really makes no sense...Executing or not I think it was a poor gameplan..

Well isn't it pretty obvious? We just got finished talking about what happened on two plays in a row against Lebeau and Woodley last year when Henning called two PASS plays in a row in virtually the same type situation...

If you don't agree with what Sparano is saying about the execution being at fault rather than the playcalling, then you should want his head on a platter instead of Dan Hennings...

I have an idea who to execute! Seriously after every loss it is the same crap from fist pump! We need to execute better. Really Tony? How about some friggen creativity? I bet 75% of us on this board know what plays the Dolphins are going to run when we see the formation. Way to make Brandon Marshall a 50 million dollar decoy! I took so much heat when I jumped Henning for his interview claiming he doesn't see the need to get Marshall 100+ receptions! Well I think we can add he doesn't see the need to get Marshall the ball in the redzone either!

Well isn't it pretty obvious? We just got finished talking about what happened on two plays in a row against Lebeau and Woodley last year when Henning called two PASS plays in a row in virtually the same type situation...

If you don't agree with what Sparano is saying about the execution being at fault rather than the playcalling, then you should want his head on a platter instead of Dan Hennings...

I understand its the players execution in those sets that ultimatley matters..

But I just dont understand how we can expect them to execute under those conditions..

Our big Sets vs theirs is an advantage for them and only them..

I don't know what you mean by this...? Just a simlple Canadian who likes hockey

you know how sometimes you will see a players name in fantasy or whatever with an arrow next to them pointing up or down or staying the same...like a stock up or stock down thing...

well sparanos arrow for me is pointing down...

Exactly they cut the LB from ST Erik W. because Sparano had John's Bonamojos (sp?) back and the next week after the Pats fiasco it's Bonemogo (sp?) - Sparano gives too much reins to his staff and it is gonn acost him his own job in the end...

BTW Belichek probably still smiling considering he knew he cost John Bonagigi his job - but I still put it on Sparano
Ive been trying to ell people Sparano dosen't know much other than O-Line he was a do boy for parcells now that he is on his own...he is Texas toast!

I understand its the players execution in those sets that ultimatley matters..

But I just dont understand how we can expect them to execute under those conditions..

Our big Sets vs theirs is an advantage for them and only them..

Exactly, it's because Miami doesn't have the personnel or talent at KEY positions on offense to spread Lebeau's defense out... Henning can only work with the players that the front office acquires...

Offenses in the NFL now that are the most difficult to defend are the ones that can create mismatches against you with a legitimate threat at TE with the skills of a basketball forward... a guy with the talent to split out wide and operate in space to create matchup problems... and use his size advantage in the red zone...

..one that can at least block if you do decide to use the double TE set and run the football..

Pitt knew Miami didn't have that, thus making the offense predictable.

If Miami had chosen to go with a 3 WR - 1 TE set in that situation with Marshall, Hartline, Bess and Fasano in an attempt to spread them out, it's already been proven that Miami can't protect the quarterback well enough in that situation against Lebeau's defense...

It goes back to my point from the beginning about Henning, I'm not defending him, but you have to look at the entire picture. He game plans and calls plays in accordance to what his head coaches philosophy is and the talent at his disposal.

Henning is only 1/3 of the problem...

yep...i agree sparano doesn't know much other than oline...and this oline isn't exactly stellar either...

Exactly, it's because Miami doesn't have the personnel or talent at KEY positions on offense to spread Lebeau's defense out... Henning can only work with the players that the front office acquires...

Offenses in the NFL now that are the most difficult to defend are the ones that can create mismatches against you with a legitimate threat at TE with the skills of a basketball forward... a guy with the talent to split out wide and operate in space to create matchup problems... and use his size advantage in the red zone...

..one that can at least block if you do decide to use the double TE set and run the football..

Pitt knew Miami didn't have that, thus making the offense predictable.

If Miami had chosen to go with a 3 WR - 1 TE set in that situation with Marshall, Hartline, Bess and Fasano in an attempt to spread them out, it's already been proven that Miami can't protect the quarterback well enough in that situation against Lebeau's defense...

It goes back to my point from the beginning about Henning, I'm not defending him, but you have to look at the entire picture. He game plans and calls plays in accordance to what his head coaches philosophy is and the talent at his disposal.

Henning is only 1/3 of the problem...

alright i understand henning and sparano are 2/3rds the problem...but you still think henne is the other 3rd??? ireland is starting to really catch my nerve also...in 3 years these guys haven't spent a high pick on an offensive playmaker worth beans yet...

it is not that damn hard to evaluate positions like wr te and rb and not come away with a pretty good idea of who will be difference makers in the pros with high picks...

i'm sorry it's not...and this crap that keeps being brought in here there's nothing explosive about them

Ive been trying to ell people Sparano dosen't know much other than O-Line he was a do boy for parcells now that he is on his own...he is Texas toast!

Then we are really ****ed because he doesn't seem to know much about the oline either, seeing as how mediocre the line is...

hartline hasn't required yet let alone beaten double coverage since he's been here...hell he barely can do anything against single coverage...the te prospects we've brought in have been laughable...lex hilliard i can find pretty much anywhere any time

no wonder this offense can't score tds...we've got crap outside of bess and marshall pretty much...and we've let the rb core get old as hell with no attention and no future there...

if we draft another 3-4 end with a top pick i'm gonna go postal...i've had it

Back
Top Bottom