Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault

and benny sapp in off man is an auto fail...i've said it til i was blue in the face...his entire game is pressing guys at the los and rerouting them...letting guys go wherever they want in the slot with sapp in trail mode is an AUTO FAIL

Benny Sapp sucks! I took so much crap when I bashed this trade and now look! Guy makes gerbil look like a stud!

I never said you had to pass out that set either, but the entire point of your original gripe was that Miami tried to run the football on the Steelers...

You're definitely not going to run the football on the Steelers by sticking a bunch of WR's on a condensed field in the red zone either... it's not as if the Steelers have the best run defense in the NFL because teams have only tried running on them out of 2-TE sets..

They have no reason to let the offense dictate their personnel on a short field just because there's an extra WR out there that they can cover with a LB or safety anyway...

There's not an OC in the league that calls plays that are DESIGNED to fail.... they fail because of lack of execution...[/QUOTE]

The Steelers dont have to go to Nickel but we can than get a favorable matchup...Lb on a Wr , saftey on a Wr...

I am not even saying just in the redzone..I am saying in general throughout the game..Sparano stated that the Steelers were playing a ton of 2 man deep.

Well run plays to get them out of it? Crossing routes..Make them pay for the soft coverage..I didnt think Miami did that enough....

As for calling plays that fail..There is a personailty trait called stubborness...Maybe the coaches have this trait and just cant admit when they cant do something against a team?

I could see this being a good excuse if it were a few plays getting criticized...heck, even an entire game where we didn't execute...but this is an entire SEASON of short passes, safeties loading the box to protect against the run, and an overly conservative system.

Wanny ball has returned!

Benny Sapp sucks! I took so much crap when I based this trade and now look! Guy makes gerbil look like a stud!

he's not being used properly imo...he doesn't have special tools in his tool box...there's no explosive burst or change of direction there...not a put his foot in the ground and break on the ball in zone etc...he's a press jam cornerback...

he's not being used properly imo...he doesn't have special tools in his tool box...there's no explosive burst or change of direction there...not a put his foot in the ground and break on the ball in zone etc...he's a press jam cornerback...

He is a scrub! I am sick and tired of getting players with special needs, can't do this or that, only is in the right situation if it is the 3rd Sunday of the month with a full moon, whatever! Guy gets smoked weekly the only difference between him and Eric Green is he doesn't Chase tranny's!

I never said you had to pass out that set either, but the entire point of your original gripe was that Miami tried to run the football on the Steelers...

You're definitely not going to run the football on the Steelers by sticking a bunch of WR's on a condensed field in the red zone either... it's not as if the Steelers have the best run defense in the NFL because teams have only tried running on them out of 2-TE sets..

They have no reason to let the offense dictate their personnel on a short field just because there's an extra WR out there that they can cover with a LB or safety anyway...

There's not an OC in the league that calls plays that are DESIGNED to fail.... they fail because of lack of execution...[/QUOTE]

The Steelers dont have to go to Nickel but we can than get a favorable matchup...Lb on a Wr , saftey on a Wr...

I am not even saying just in the redzone..I am saying in general throughout the game..Sparano stated that the Steelers were playing a ton of 2 man deep.

Well run plays to get them out of it? Crossing routes..Make them pay for the soft coverage..I didnt think Miami did that enough....

As for calling plays that fail..There is a personailty trait called stubborness...Maybe the coaches have this trait and just cant admit when they cant do something against a team?

What WR is Miami going to put on Troy Polamalu that is a favorable matchup inside the red zone?

Secondly, if the Steelers are playing two deep safeties as Sparano suggested, it means you're operating against a 7 man front... you RUN the football...

There's also this thing called players not making plays they should make and the other team just being better than you... Did Henning or Sparano cause Fasano to drop the ball? Did they force Henne to miss Marshall on a pass to the back shoulder that they execute with their eyes closed in practice?

Miami can't protect the quarterback when they pass.... can't catch it... can't run the football...

..the only thing left is to punt on first down... they should at least be able to EXECUTE that now since the special teams coach is gone....

Wait a second? I thought Nolan was the best ever at using players to their strengths? Oh well guess Mike's Magical Wand Of Talent doesn't exist like some on here think!

What WR is Miami going to put on Troy Polamalu that is a favorable matchup inside the red zone?

Secondly, if the Steelers are playing two deep safeties as Sparano suggested, it means you're operating against a 7 man front... you RUN the football...

There's also this thing called players not making plays they should make and the other team just being better than you... Did Henning or Sparano cause Fasano to drop the ball? Did they force Henne to miss Marshall on a pass to the back shoulder that they execute with their eyes closed in practice?

Miami can't protect the quarterback when they pass.... can't catch it... can't run the football...

..the only thing left is to punt on first down... they should at least be able to EXECUTE that now since the special teams coach is gone....

That back shoulder pass in the endzone was pathetic! He threw a dart! Come on RoboShrek! Put the air under it let Marshall high point it!

He is a scrub! I am sick and tired of getting players with special needs, can't do this or that, only is in the right situation if it is the 3rd Sunday of the month with a full moon, whatever! Guy gets smoked weekly the only difference between him and Eric Green is he doesn't Chase tranny's!

fair enough...i just think he's not a great fit for all these off coverages that mike nolan wants to do...

fair enough...i just think he's not a great fit for all these off coverages that mike nolan wants to do...

Simply put Sapp, Smith and Allen play with giant day glow orange targets on them! They might even have neon signs that say pass here!

Brandon Marshall..put him in the slot in a 3 Wr..see what the steelers give you..

Tru..I wonder how this board would be if Fasano caught that dropped pass and we were able to kick that FG to win it...

He had a couple of drops..Not saying players arent at fault...

If teams are playing 2 man deep the middle of the field is wide open..You dont have to always run the football.

Brandon Marshall..put him in the slot in a 3 Wr..see what the steelers give you..

Tru..I wonder how this board would be if Fasano caught that dropped pass and we were able to kick that FG to win it...

If teams are playing 2 man deep the middle of the field is wide open..You dont have to always run the football.

So what you're saying is our very predictable draw play in the 2 minute drill isn't necessary?

It doesn't matter how open the middle of the field is if your TE can't beat their man coverage... or can't catch the ball should he get lucky and actually beat it...

Marshall in the slot only creates TWO mismatches AGAINST you on the outside with Hartline and Bess against Pitt's two corners... they'll play a "robber" coverage in order to effectively double Marshall coming across the middle of the field...

Again, I hate defending either one of these coaches, but they've forgotten more about football than a lot of you will ever know...

..but that doesn't mean either one of them aren't in over their head..

If you disagree with what the HEAD COACH is saying, then people can't go around repeating "fire Henning" and think it fixes anything... you've obviously got a problem elsewhere also...

If you agree with what the head coach is saying, then you realize that the players are to blame for lack of execution, and the team just isn't good enough... who's responsible for that?

Back
Top Bottom