Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault

It doesn't matter how open the middle of the field is if your TE can't beat their man coverage... or can't catch the ball should he get lucky and actually beat it...

Marshall in the slot only creates TWO mismatches AGAINST you on the outside with Hartline and Bess against Pitt's two corners... they'll play a "robber" coverage in order to effectively double Marshall coming across the middle of the field...

Again, I hate defending either one of these coaches, but they've forgotten more about football than a lot of you will ever know...

..but that doesn't mean either one of them aren't in over their head..

If you disagree with what the HEAD COACH is saying, then people can't go around repeating "fire Henning" and think it fixes anything... you've obviously got a problem elsewhere also...

If you agree with what the head coach is saying, then you realize that the players are to blame for lack of execution, and the team just isn't good enough... who's responsible for that?

I am talking specifically about the redzone in this instance..Just because we put Marshall in the slot does not mean we have to send him over the middle..and if they are playing Cover 1 Robber One of Wr's on the outside is gonig to have a one on one matchup..What the hell is wrong with that?

You cant get much better than 1 on 1?

I understand they know more than me..I understand they will always know more than me..
I am only 25 I am learning everday.

3 running plays in the red zone just after you settled for a FG in the red zone isn't innovative playcalling.

The only way this could be blamed on the players is the fact that Henne did not change the play at the line of scrimmage.

The fact that we had the ball that quickly in the red zone twice at the beginning of a game and did not take a single shot at the end zone with a pass, tells me two things.

One, they don't trust Henne to make the calls on the field. That right there is the big difference between Henne and Sanchez. Sanchez is trusted enough to make his own play calls when the need arises. Where as Hene is told, or so it appears, to stick to the script. Secondly, this sounds like Sparano is trying to cover his ***. He would rather put the blame on the players than on him and the coaching staff.

I think it will not be long....before Mortenson's revelation a month ago is realized.....TONY WILL BE SITTING CHAD HENNE FOR EITHER CHAD PENNINGTON OR TYLER THIGPEN....(DEPENDING ON IF SEASON IS OVER OR NOT),,,
Barring injury there is NO WAY that happens. None.

Sparano one second is saying he's seeing improvement from his QB and then he throws out the obvious on redzone play.... That starts with you're QB Sparano.... Just saying.

Sparano one second is saying he's seeing improvement from his QB and then he throws out the obvious on redzone play.... That starts with you're QB Sparano.... Just saying.

Sparano only see's what Parcells and now Ireland tells him! He is a puppet that fist pumps! Anyone remember those hand puppets that punched and had a penant in its hand? I might ne on to something here the fist pumping Morano Doll!

that's actually when you want to run the ball because 2 deep is only 7 in the box. we do not get this look often though. we see as much cover 1 as anyone because we have no vertical passing game and teams want to stop the run and make us throw.

If teams are playing 2 man deep the middle of the field is wide open..You dont have to always run the football.

make no mistake about it. the game ultimately was lost in the first quarter when we got 6 points from 2 turnovers inside the Pitt 20. if we get them down 14-0 it would have changed the game completely. they had a horrible start to the game and looked up and were still one score down. our good fortune and hard work meant nothing, really.

The thought process might've been ok, but the calls ended up not being OK.

Henning bet on a single receiver route because he expected blitz. Since he didn't get it, the play went nowhere.

He called runs against what he expected was drop-back coverage. Since he didn't get it, the play went nowhere.

That's just nobody's fault. The D just out-thought you. Give them credit, go home.

Henning is not creative enough. No out with a option underneath. Fasano's lack of speed does hinder some things. Could Lousaka be tried out as a underneath option being the FB out of the backfield? Maybe Hartline as a dual threat for a fade to go along with Marshall? If there is not enough diversity of talent on the roster to be more creative than yeah ok. But, better guess right and put your number one potential playmaker (Marshall) in position to do something.

Having said that, yes, Pittsburgh gets credit. Best D in the NFL. That is why it is necessary to take chances and produce in teh red zone. Try something. Play to win not to just minimize mistakes. If our D played lights out then fine, it can support being that conservative. We are adding the pieces but we are not that good yet. Not when we allow 3rd down conversions via the air like what we have done so far.

Of cause, its never coaches fault, its always lack of execution. its always players fault.

I give up.

Back
Top Bottom