Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano says players need to execute in the red zone, play calling not at fault

Well if that is true which I believe it is then the onus is more on his QB than anyone else if you agree with the article which I do not. IMO Sporano/ Henning tried to force the run based on our past wins coming when we ran the ball more than throwing the ball. Lets faces it we all know that the Steelers are the best against the run in the NFL. Why test that escpecially when you have a gift thrown at you on their side of the field in the end zone. Throw the ball even if its just short passes. We do not have a good short passing game. A middle passing game yes but short no. We gained like zero yards on those runs too. In fact after being stopped for no yardage in those first 2 series we started moving the ball by throwing it first which did open up some small running lanes.
PS I do not know what was up with Ronnie this game etheir he was dancing much more than running in this game. I would have played Ricky more or even Hilliard who both run down hill harder than Ronnie. Ronnie was way to indecisive in this game.

alright i understand henning and sparano are 2/3rds the problem...but you still think henne is the other 3rd??? ireland is starting to really catch my nerve also...in 3 years these guys haven't spent a high pick on an offensive playmaker worth beans yet...

it is not that damn hard to evaluate positions like wr te and rb and not come away with a pretty good idea of who will be difference makers in the pros with high picks...

i'm sorry it's not...and this crap that keeps being brought in here there's nothing explosive about them

Hoops we both know it isn't that difficult to identify legitimate NFL talent in college if you know what you're looking at... but I think they placed their priority in the right spot by choosing to address the defense in the draft and free agency, while trading picks to get the #1 WR/"playmaker" that the offense needed....

There's still pieces that need to be acquired, and it's obvious what they are...

Henne? I don't neccessarily think he's the "problem" RIGHT NOW because of the way they keep him from being exposed.... however, I don't think he's the ANSWER either...

hartline hasn't required yet let alone beaten double coverage since he's been here...hell he barely can do anything against single coverage...the te prospects we've brought in have been laughable...lex hilliard i can find pretty much anywhere any time

no wonder this offense can't score tds...we've got crap outside of bess and marshall pretty much...and we've let the rb core get old as hell with no attention and no future there...

if we draft another 3-4 end with a top pick i'm gonna go postal...i've had it

How about a center can we draft one of those? We haven't done that yet a big cornfed center with the mobility of a lawn jockey would be sweet!

Hoops we both know it isn't that difficult to identify legitimate NFL talent in college if you know what you're looking at... but I think they placed their priority in the right spot by choosing to address the defense in the draft and free agency, while trading picks to get the #1 WR/"playmaker" that the offense needed....

There's still pieces that need to be acquired, and it's obvious what they are...

Henne? I don't neccessarily think he's the "problem" RIGHT NOW because of the way they keep him from being exposed.... however, I don't think he's the ANSWER either...

yeah i know you and i can tell top talent but i'm still sick of absolutely no attention paid to playmakers worth a damn in the draft...everyone we have taken has sucked...

i'm out of patience...lol...as you can probably tell

sean smith people here can wait on that as long as they want...its not happening...etc etc etc

Nice way to try and save face Sparano.

How about we bring Pennington in whenever we get into the Red Zone. Arm strength to deliver the ball downfield becomes almost a non-issue, and his accuracy and ability to read the coverage is way better than Henne's right now.... They'll never do that though....

How about a center can we draft one of those? We haven't done that yet a big cornfed center with the mobility of a lean jockey would be sweet!

we could use that...for sure...berger struggles with size which should be a surprise to no one...but i'll deal with berger up front for the time being if we'd just get some playmakers on the outside and in the backfield...

i swear it seems that even though its been 3 years of supposed upgrades and the like the list of needs keeps getting longer and longer...

Exactly, it's because Miami doesn't have the personnel or talent at KEY positions on offense to spread Lebeau's defense out... Henning can only work with the players that the front office acquires...

Offenses in the NFL now that are the most difficult to defend are the ones that can create mismatches against you with a legitimate threat at TE with the skills of a basketball forward... a guy with the talent to split out wide and operate in space to create matchup problems... and use his size advantage in the red zone...

..one that can at least block if you do decide to use the double TE set and run the football..

Pitt knew Miami didn't have that, thus making the offense predictable.

If Miami had chosen to go with a 3 WR - 1 TE set in that situation with Marshall, Hartline, Bess and Fasano in an attempt to spread them out, it's already been proven that Miami can't protect the quarterback well enough in that situation against Lebeau's defense...

It goes back to my point from the beginning about Henning, I'm not defending him, but you have to look at the entire picture. He game plans and calls plays in accordance to what his head coaches philosophy is and the talent at his disposal.

Henning is only 1/3 of the problem...

Its not like we have to pass the ball out of that set...We can try to run the ball in it?

Maybe Steelers go into their nickel package making it a little easier to run the ball?

yeah i know you and i can tell top talent but i'm still sick of absolutely no attention paid to playmakers worth a damn in the draft...everyone we have taken has sucked...

i'm out of patience...lol...as you can probably tell

sean smith people here can wait on that as long as they want...its not happening...etc etc etc

Speaking of Smith did you see what a PANSY he looked like everytime he blitzed?

we could use that...for sure...berger struggles with size which should be a surprise to no one...but i'll deal with berger up front for the time being if we'd just get some playmakers on the outside and in the backfield...

i swear it seems that even though its been 3 years of supposed upgrades and the like the list of needs keeps getting longer and longer...

You always miss my sarcasm! I'll ****ing destroy something if another high pick goes to cornfed trench statues! We need speed and playmakers!

Speaking of Smith did you see what a PANSY he looked like everytime he blitzed?

why the hell are you blitzing sean smith in the first place??? thats what i'd like to know...vontae should be the guy you're blitzing cause he's a monster with contact but you can't because you got a bag of dog poo at boundary cb if you do...

so instead you send sean smith who even though his tackling has become more consistent its pretty obvious doesn't like contact with wrs that much let alone blitz protecting linemen and backs...lol

and everytime its 3rd and the damn football field we give guys free releases and play bail technique and get banged for sticks moving completions...its like clock work never fails PRESS SOMEBODY

my favorite though is 3rd and the field and cam wake dropping into a soft zone and kendall langford rushing at end...i love it...its a lock first down conversion

why the hell are you blitzing sean smith in the first place??? thats what i'd like to know...vontae should be the guy you're blitzing cause he's a monster with contact but you can't because you got a bag of dog poo at boundary cb if you do...

so instead you send sean smith who even though his tackling has become more consistent its pretty obvious doesn't like contact with wrs that much let alone blitz protecting linemen and backs...lol

and everytime its 3rd and the damn football field we give guys free releases and play bail technique and get banged for sticks moving completions...its like clock work never fails PRESS SOMEBODY

my favorite though is 3rd and the field and cam wake dropping into a soft zone and kendall langford rushing at end...i love it...its a lock first down conversion

Oh oh oh I know! Because blitzing Davis leaves either Smith, Allen or Sapp on a island! Might as well give them 6 points and line up for a pat!

Its not like we have to pass the ball out of that set...We can try to run the ball in it?

Maybe Steelers go into their nickel package making it a little easier to run the ball?

I never said you had to pass out that set either, but the entire point of your original gripe was that Miami tried to run the football on the Steelers...

You're definitely not going to run the football on the Steelers by sticking a bunch of WR's on a condensed field in the red zone either... it's not as if the Steelers have the best run defense in the NFL because teams have only tried running on them out of 2-TE sets..

They have no reason to let the offense dictate their personnel on a short field just because there's an extra WR out there that they can cover with a LB or safety anyway...

There's not an OC in the league that calls plays that are DESIGNED to fail.... they fail because of lack of execution...

and benny sapp in off man is an auto fail...i've said it til i was blue in the face...his entire game is pressing guys at the los and rerouting them...letting guys go wherever they want in the slot with sapp in trail mode is an AUTO FAIL

Back
Top Bottom