Special Section | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Section

The more I think about it, the more I think the answer is as simple as preventing those with fewer than maybe 50 posts from making new threads. They should be able to reply to anything, but that would at least cut down on a lot of the repetition we are getting these days.

Jimmy James said:
The more I think about it, the more I think the answer is as simple as preventing those with fewer than maybe 50 posts from making new threads. They should be able to reply to anything, but that would at least cut down on a lot of the repetition we are getting these days.
The only problem with that is, we all had less than 50 posta at one time. You can have very knowledgable folks who just found the sight or whatnot? It is not always newbies repeating threads either. Not sure exactly what we should do...

LtDan662002 said:
The only problem with that is, we all had less than 50 posta at one time. You can have very knowledgable folks who just found the sight or whatnot? It is not always newbies repeating threads either. Not sure exactly what we should do...
Here is a good example. Not a newbie, worthless type post which has been done to death.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=46190

I definitely get that, and I welcome all the "kids". What I see here a lot these past few weeks is a tendency for a new guy to sign up and bring up a topic for conversation that has been covered on the board within the last week. I think removing the temptation to ask your question instead of searching for topics about it might change that pattern. I also think encouraging searching and reading of other topics instead of just starting your own would give new guys the sort of insight as to how the board works that would be valuable to them.

Maybe the number isn't 50. Maybe it's 25 or 10.

Jimmy James said:
I definitely get that, and I welcome all the "kids". What I see here a lot these past few weeks is a tendency for a new guy to sign up and bring up a topic for conversation that has been covered on the board within the last week. I think removing the temptation to ask your question instead of searching for topics about it might change that pattern. I also think encouraging searching and reading of other topics instead of just starting your own would give new guys the sort of insight as to how the board works that would be valuable to them.

Maybe the number isn't 50. Maybe it's 25 or 10.
Maybe they could make it so they have to review the "miami dolphin" section, not just the front page before starting new threads?

i thought this sight was for all dolphins fans, people around here need to lighten up. granted that was a great example of a lame thread but the people in the forums also are pretty quick to crucify any ideas different than their own. dont we all bleed aqua?

I was somewhat kidding with this topic. But, sometimes it is frustrating when there is some legitimate conversation, and some dorks come in with totally ignorant comments.

Recently, there was a topic about worst NFL franchise ever. Some fools commented that Buffalo would be one of the worst. Well, that just shows somebody who knows very little about the NFL/football in general.

Back
Top Bottom