Spielman raisinf alot of Qs ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman raisinf alot of Qs ??

I like who Spielman is getting rid of...except that he needed and needs to get rid of Fiedler as well.
I just don't like who he's looked at to replace the ones who he's cut.

" I was pointing out the lack of agressiveness."

not sure i agree with this dedolfan. RS has been extremely aggressive in getting rid of what is considered dead wood. he has also been extremely aggressive in his pursuit of upgrades for those let go. i don't think TO was even a consideration for RS but i think if a suitable player were to come available at a reasonable price he would do all he could to land that player. his primary focus is on the OL which is an obvious concern.

he has also been aggressive in the madison situation, going after other players and pressuring his agent to comply finacially. lets see how things play out the rest of FA. we are less than a week into this. don't forget june 1 cuts will be coming as well.

I believe RS is being aggressive in FA, as well. I never for a second expected us to sign ALL the top tier FA OL out there. Jeno James is a good start. Tait wanted to stay in the midwest is what I've read. There are as many different reasons for playing in a particular locality as there are different players. Not everyone is going to have the same priorities.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
I like who Spielman is getting rid of...except that he needed and needs to get rid of Fiedler as well.
I just don't like who he's looked at to replace the ones who he's cut.

dont read into everything you read in newspapers rick. i think thats your prob. right now, none of us have a clue what he is thinking or "looking at" even when they say they have "come to town", when they really havent or have and RS saw something he didnt like.

im not here to say that RS has been excellent. He has made some questionable decisions no doubt. This year he is the man and is under the microscope more. so be it. But dont tell me that Woody is the best OL out there cus that is just a perception that is started by fans and greed and availability ect. ect.

Bottom line: Woody is overpaid and so is Todd Wade and John Tait by far. I am not going to cry over something even Spielman had no control over. PLAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY WHERE THEY WANT TO ONCE THEY BECOME A FREE AGENT.

I like who spielman has brought in and i like who he is looking at according to reports. He goes after less known names who are younger. I cant point to many free agents who we have overpaid for who didnt work out. He did get Ogun (undrafted), Jamie Nails (cheapest G who did real well 2 years ago), Sammy Knight, Junior Seau, Larry Chester (just restrucutred and is a team guy all the way), and has kept all the guys here from our team mostly.

Originally posted by finfan54
dont read into everything you read in newspapers rick. i think thats your prob.

No, I don't think I have a problem. Not with this anyway...I have kids, so I have tons of OTHER problems.

right now, none of us have a clue what he is thinking or "looking at" even when they say they have "come to town", when they really havent or have and RS saw something he didnt like.

We do know some of the players that have been in town and we definitely know who's been signed. Signing Feeley is a questionable move, but signing that CB from Carolina for that kind of money was nuts.

Originally posted by finfan54

dont read into everything you read in newspapers rick. i think thats your prob. right now, none of us have a clue what he is thinking or "looking at" even when they say they have "come to town", when they really havent or have and RS saw something he didnt like.

im not here to say that RS has been excellent. He has made some questionable decisions no doubt. This year he is the man and is under the microscope more. so be it. But dont tell me that Woody is the best OL out there cus that is just a perception that is started by fans and greed and availability ect. ect.

Bottom line: Woody is overpaid and so is Todd Wade and John Tait by far. I am not going to cry over something even Spielman had no control over. PLAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY WHERE THEY WANT TO ONCE THEY BECOME A FREE AGENT.

I like who spielman has brought in and i like who he is looking at according to reports. He goes after less known names who are younger. I cant point to many free agents who we have overpaid for who didnt work out. He did get Ogun (undrafted), Jamie Nails (cheapest G who did real well 2 years ago), Sammy Knight, Junior Seau, Larry Chester (just restrucutred and is a team guy all the way), and has kept all the guys here from our team mostly.

I agree. Great post,.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
" I was pointing out the lack of agressiveness."

not sure i agree with this dedolfan. RS has been extremely aggressive in getting rid of what is considered dead wood. he has also been extremely aggressive in his pursuit of upgrades for those let go. i don't think TO was even a consideration for RS but i think if a suitable player were to come available at a reasonable price he would do all he could to land that player. his primary focus is on the OL which is an obvious concern.

he has also been aggressive in the madison situation, going after other players and pressuring his agent to comply finacially. lets see how things play out the rest of FA. we are less than a week into this. don't forget june 1 cuts will be coming as well.

I know what you're saying and everything but it goes back to what I said earlier. We won't really get a good grip on just hgow good/bad RS really is for a couple of yrs since everything he's doing at the moment is pretty much no brainer stuff, seeing as how what everything we need is pretty much known "worldwide", etc. QB, WR and OL are the main priorites we needed going into the off season. We have one OL so far and a long way to go, no WRs yet but a dubious selection at QB. Of course if we draft a qB in the 1st rnd, then it wouldn't be as much, other than the contract for him. But then again, that contract leaves me to believe that we'll draft one this yr at all. But for now, the jury is out on him for awhile. but actually, my biggest concern is jusy how much influence Wanny has in his decisions. It's funny how that it seems that we see Wanny's name in the press more so than RS's and why? IMO, if the players aren't there for mini's, etc., Wanny really has no biz being there really and should be on a "well deserved" vaca UNLESS...............................
stay tuned for later devolping stories!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom