Spielman says the RB search is over. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman says the RB search is over.

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
i like are rb's and i dont think we need to sign anyone else.we need to sign ogun.

i like rick spielman more and more everytime i learn something new about him

he had a great draft IMO
aj feeley was a great decision IMO
david boston falling from the sky was very lucky (i dont know how much rick had to do with that tho)
and this
not wasting our fortune on a running back
and waiting until next year
is brilliant IMO
exactly what i would want him to do

and i have complete faith that he'll sign ogun
like he should
(cuz im sick of stupid shi*t happening thats obviously stupid)

i cannot believe it - dare i say it
i trust someone in this organization to make smart decisions

rick spielman,
without you this offseason surely would have spelled disaster for our dolphins,
but with everything that happened, we still have a shot.
somehow, you have us optimistic about a young group of linebackers who will man the future and a cute quarterback with zip and a swagger, and from these recent camp reports, it sounds like our oline might be respectable this year even for a no-name runningback commitee.
we have ridiculous depth in our secondary
and our special teams might be, due to your freshman, the best its been in recent memory.

i can honestly say that if you make a decision,
even if i disagree with it,
ill have faith in it.

about time.

Gladsadmad said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphins05aug05,0,4208533.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

"We feel comfortable with Travis and Sammy going into the season," Spielman said. "It will be running-back-by committee unless something drops from the sky, which I don't predict happening."

If true, this could end all of the speculation and rumors.

Oh..and screw Ricky. I had to get that in. :D
Excellent! Good new for us. Now go check out the previous stuff you stated on another thread. You wanted a name for our 3 headed attack and I was the only one to step up.:tongue:

Just kidding. But I was the only only one to give a true name :tongue:

Hehe..you did step up. I'll try to think of one as well. Something to do with 3..maybe the Three Kings...?

or Three Musketeers or Three Horsemen of Apocalypse?

I am in the minority I know. But Miami NEEDS another RB this season. Minor/Morris won't cut it.

Time will tell, but I don't like this! Hopefully this is just a ploy so other teams don't see Miami as "desperate" for a RB which means us getting ripped off in a trade.

Gladsadmad said:
Hehe..you did step up. I'll try to think of one as well. Something to do with 3..maybe the Three Kings...?

or Three Musketeers or Three Horsemen of Apocalypse?
Aye, as I stated... I wasn't goin for points. I was going for originality. heh,heh

I could have said Cerberus for cryin' out loud! :tongue:

Talk about cliche! haha :D

Funny thing about that article, it shows Ricky's views were so similar to so many of ours he could be a poster
1) Disrespected Wanny, blamed him for the play calling, by the very statement that he wants to work with Norv again shows he thought Wanny overruled Norv a fair amount of the time and kept things too conservative, running the ball too much
2) Thought our O-Line sucked last year and not likely to get better this year

on 1, he might or might not have a point, but I think he's wrong on 2. Then again, I'm not the one carrying the ball into a wall of opposing linemen

Clumpy said:
You will add a veteran RB before season starts
That may be the case, but keep in mind that both Morris and Minor are low-mileage veterans. It's not like these guys are undrafted FAs right out of college. They do know what it takes to succeed at this level. Also, most of the veteran FAs are over the hill (James Allen and Dorsey Levens.) I thought Mack would be signed, but there is no way we will sign a RB who is not in shape. So IF we do acquire a RB (and I am not convinced we will), it will proabably be one of 2 scenarios:
1. A veteran is signed at a budget price as a backup/mentor/role player.
2. We strike a fair trade for a big name RB, but this will only happen if we get a fair trade. Spielman will not overpay for a RB.
I would consider the first scenario much more likely to happen.

I believe Rick made the right decision on this one.

Clumpy said:
You will add a veteran RB before season starts
I hope if we do its just someone for back-up purpose's. I want to see Minor and these guys get a shot, I honestly feel like they can get the job done. To be honest, I worry more about the O-line than I do our RB situation right now, but I even think by mid-season those guys will be getting use to each other and doing a good job.

keithjackson said:
i like rick spielman more and more everytime i learn something new about him

he had a great draft IMO
aj feeley was a great decision IMO
david boston falling from the sky was very lucky (i dont know how much rick had to do with that tho)
and this
not wasting our fortune on a running back
and waiting until next year
is brilliant IMO
exactly what i would want him to do

and i have complete faith that he'll sign ogun
like he should
(cuz im sick of stupid shi*t happening thats obviously stupid)

i cannot believe it - dare i say it
i trust someone in this organization to make smart decisions

rick spielman,
without you this offseason surely would have spelled disaster for our dolphins,
but with everything that happened, we still have a shot.
somehow, you have us optimistic about a young group of linebackers who will man the future and a cute quarterback with zip and a swagger, and from these recent camp reports, it sounds like our oline might be respectable this year even for a no-name runningback commitee.
we have ridiculous depth in our secondary
and our special teams might be, due to your freshman, the best its been in recent memory.

i can honestly say that if you make a decision,
even if i disagree with it,
ill have faith in it.

about time.

Great post. Could you imagine if Wanny still had the GM power on personell decisions? That is a SCARY thought.

Back
Top Bottom