Spielman says the RB search is over. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman says the RB search is over.

I don't think we need anyone else either, but I do hope they give Fred Russell some carries, I watched a couple of his college games and he is an exciting back to watch run. Very shifty and has great acceleration, barry sanders style.

SpeedRush99 said:
I don't think we need anyone else either, but I do hope they give Fred Russell some carries, I watched a couple of his college games and he is an exciting back to watch run. Very shifty and has great acceleration, barry sanders style.

You mean "Frodo" Russell?

I'm not surprised by Rick's statement. They looked and nothing came up. They will keep their eyes open and grab an FA released from a team if hes worth it.

Well, I was hoping we'd sign Mack. He appeared to be the best non-trade option. But, apparently he didn't bring the goods when he tried out. I trust the evaluation.

I really don't want to trade, picks or Ogun. I've always loved Rick. I still think he is one of the most underappreciated FO guys in the league. I like the way he manages picks and evaluates talent. I think he has started to take command of his job and his decisions are definitely independent. Which, to me, infers if Wanny goes, Rick stays. I don't think the future of both is dependant on Wanny. If Rick puts the talent on the field, he can't be held accountable for calling the games.

I feel we have so much talent in place, it would be foolish to abandon ship, and the future, to salvage this year. We are deep at RB. It's time to see what we truly have. You never know... Morris might be the next Priest Holmes. If you recall, he slid under the radar until KC. Anybody remember Priest playing for Baltimore?

I definitely feel we have the pedigree in the backfield. However, I do feel we have a couple of role players that do not need to be miscast. Minor is not a pounder. A decent comparison would be Warrick Dunn. Minor needs his "T.J. Duckett" or "Mike Alstott" compliment. My gut tells me Morris is the guy. With Russell and Henry, I think we have some unknowns that need GAME TIME exploring.

Actually, I feel great about the season. As much as I hated to see the dreadlocked one leave, I slowly remembered life with Lamar Smith. It really wasn't all that bad. We did manage to go to the playoffs those years. And, that's something we didn't do with Ricky.

It's in Wanny's hands now. Either he will get PARANOID about his job and frantically try to lock onto one RB OR try to run it in the ground....... OR he will allow the players AND Coaches to do their job WITHOUT his interference. Our team has slowly gotten the name of being "underachievers"....

I tend to think our Coach is has been the restraining hand holding the leash.

LET 'EM PLAY!

keithjackson said:
i like rick spielman more and more everytime i learn something new about him

he had a great draft IMO
aj feeley was a great decision IMO
david boston falling from the sky was very lucky (i dont know how much rick had to do with that tho)
and this
not wasting our fortune on a running back
and waiting until next year
is brilliant IMO
exactly what i would want him to do

and i have complete faith that he'll sign ogun
like he should
(cuz im sick of stupid shi*t happening thats obviously stupid)

i cannot believe it - dare i say it
i trust someone in this organization to make smart decisions

rick spielman,
without you this offseason surely would have spelled disaster for our dolphins,
but with everything that happened, we still have a shot.
somehow, you have us optimistic about a young group of linebackers who will man the future and a cute quarterback with zip and a swagger, and from these recent camp reports, it sounds like our oline might be respectable this year even for a no-name runningback commitee.
we have ridiculous depth in our secondary
and our special teams might be, due to your freshman, the best its been in recent memory.

i can honestly say that if you make a decision,
even if i disagree with it,
ill have faith in it.

about time.
I totally agree with you. Rick has really made me a believer and while I can't say we gave up too much for AJ because we haven't seen what he's bringing I must say I have faith in him because Rick has been dead on so far.

Back
Top Bottom