Sporting news latest draft buzz; trading down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting news latest draft buzz; trading down?

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=83001
Miami Dolphins

Having traded for QB Daunte Culpepper and signed CB Will Allen, S Renaldo Hill and LT L.J. Shelton, the Dolphins are looking to take the best available player or perhaps trade down; they have talked to a number of teams about deals. The team hopes a trading partner falls in love with one of the cornerbacks or wide receivers who are expected to be available at the 16th spot
first I've read about them actually talking to other teams about dealing down. Maybe Nick can get another 2nd yet.

To me it just seems the value is better towards the end of the 1st round. That's why trading down make sense, but the flip side is it doesn't make sense for someone to trade up. I hope we can get a deal done, but I'm not holding my breath.

MiamiMan147 said:
To me it just seems the value is better towards the end of the 1st round. That's why trading down make sense, but the flip side is it doesn't make sense for someone to trade up. I hope we can get a deal done, but I'm not holding my breath.
yes that's definitely the problem. for us to trade down, we're going to have to have a big-time player drop to us. but knowing coach saban, he'd just draft that big-time player...

How great would it be to trade down, pick up either Donte Whitner or Antonio Cromartie, and have Sinorice Moss fall into our laps in the 2nd round (pick from trading down)?

Trading down is something that I hope we do. Having 6 picks and 3 of them are in the 7th just aren't gonna cut it.

man thats good to hear that at least some teams are interested. im really hoping for a trade to around the 5-7 picks. pick up at least another day one pick and a day two pick and ill be happy

I too hope we trade down, with so much talent in the first round we could easily trade down, gain a pick, and still land a playmaker at almost any given position...

I want us to trade down and get mangold. He is a sure fire pick. There is no doubt he would anchor our line for the next decade. I don't know if I am that confident in any other pick in the late 1st round.

Trading down and still landing a player like Mangold would be sweet. Add another second round talent and a late round and we'd have a successful draft. That LSU dt in the fourth maybe?

I also think trading down would be nice...picking up a guy like Mangold later on and also getting a 2nd.

Silverphin said:
Cool, cool..... While he's at it, can he get us a sixth, too?

I'm sure it he could get us a 2nd and 6th round pick.

Blueprint said:
How great would it be to trade down, pick up either Donte Whitner or Antonio Cromartie, and have Sinorice Moss fall into our laps in the 2nd round (pick from trading down)?

wow i would pee in my pants and go find saban to give him a nice *** mutha **** kiss!

randy9 said:
Trading down and still landing a player like Mangold would be sweet. Add another second round talent and a late round and we'd have a successful draft. That LSU dt in the fourth maybe?
i think we'd get giles then move hadnot to C

Back
Top Bottom