Sports Buzz: Wednesday Dolphins chatter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Wednesday Dolphins chatter

I look at Satele as depth. He shouldn't be starting anywhere on the line, but he can be our depth at center.

I don't think you keep a guy for depth that can only back up one position effectively. He's never played Guard in the NFL and the way he got pushed around in some games makes me think he'll be less effective there anyway. Pouncey struggled in every game at Guard I'd have a hard time thinking Satele would do better or even the same.

I will be pissed off if we lose Odrick. He's a good player.

is he 5 and 35 good to you or say 5 and 40??? somewhere in the middle maybe??? he gets in the backfield but you got to finish and we didnt get any of that...of course some of that is the lbs once the back was redirected didnt fill properly or took poor angles but i digress

my face will be blue before they figure out that the mike is the major need on the d

I agree on mike. Odrick is not amazing, and we screwed up not taking Earl Thomas. Or was that Dez Bryant's year. We could have had difference makers but we drafted a 3-4 end and made him a 4-3 DT. But that's all a sunk cost. I just don't think Odrick is as bad as people are saying here. Both Odrick and Starks dropped their level of play without Soliai hogging two blockers. I'd argue that Odrick is a talented guy who can get up field. What contract it will take, I am not sure, but if he doesn't come back, there is not much to this D line and this team could really tank. I'd have to look at some comps to see what is a reasonable contract for Odrick.

One of my pet peeves is that the right way to build your team is to make draft picks and then build a team with a collection of talent you add to every year. Not draft a guy, let him walk, create another hole, and then draft another guy. That's a whack a mole way of building a team. We've let a ton of draft picks walk for nothing. Long, Davis, Smith, Langford, et al. Some of them, rightfully so. We've had other bad picks that are so frequent your head will explode. So, between drafting poorly and letting your few assets go, you build toward...nothing. We invested in Odrick. We committed. Now let's go with him.

We have to build a team properly. I mean, it's not that hard, really, except for the fins. There are people doing nuclear physics or being an astronaut or doing brain surgery. This is easy. Draft a player with a long range plan. If he is immature, work with him, develop him. Then add the next guy, and pretty soon you have a nucleus. You don't get rid of a guy because he has to take a leak during practice. Teach him. Get through to him. Manage your roster so a guy like Odrick handles himself. Yelling during a game is not unheard of. This is an alpha male world, and we don't have enough alpha males.

I agree on mike. Odrick is not amazing, and we screwed up not taking Earl Thomas. Or was that Dez Bryant's year. We could have had difference makers but we drafted a 3-4 end and made him a 4-3 DT. But that's all a sunk cost. I just don't think Odrick is as bad as people are saying here. Both Odrick and Starks dropped their level of play without Soliai hogging two blockers. I'd argue that Odrick is a talented guy who can get up field. What contract it will take, I am not sure, but if he doesn't come back, there is not much to this D line and this team could really tank. I'd have to look at some comps to see what is a reasonable contract for Odrick.

One of my pet peeves is that the right way to build your team is to make draft picks and then build a team with a collection of talent you add to every year. Not draft a guy, let him walk, create another hole, and then draft another guy. That's a whack a mole way of building a team. We've let a ton of draft picks walk for nothing. Long, Davis, Smith, Langford, et al. Some of them, rightfully so. We've had other bad picks that are so frequent your head will explode. So, between drafting poorly and letting your few assets go, you build toward...nothing. We invested in Odrick. We committed. Now let's go with him.

We have to build a team properly. I mean, it's not that hard, really, except for the fins. There are people doing nuclear physics or being an astronaut or doing brain surgery. This is easy. Draft a player with a long range plan. If he is immature, work with him, develop him. Then add the next guy, and pretty soon you have a nucleus. You don't get rid of a guy because he has to take a leak during practice. Teach him. Get through to him. Manage your roster so a guy like Odrick handles himself. Yelling during a game is not unheard of. This is an alpha male world, and we don't have enough alpha males.

oh i dont think odricks bad at all...i just think he doesnt finish enough to make the money he's gonna probably command on the open market...and he is easily blown out when double teamed...but that's pretty much all our dts...and more an issue of a dt is doubled a lb who is clean needs to show the read and diag and instincts to fill and shut down the ball carrier...but we have so many late lbs playing that never changes

Back
Top Bottom