Sports Fan/Dolphins Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Fan/Dolphins Fan

Duss

Active Roster
Reaction score
Post your opinions or stories

How did you become a dolphins fan and why do you think you luv the phins over any other teams

Great idea for a thread. I wish the mods would just STICKY that huge one that's probably on page 20 by now. It's just that there have to be at least 6+ of these threads each year and since everyone loves to add to those threads, it'd be great if they just sticked one big one.

Thanks I didnt know it was up there before since I am kind of a new kid on the block

I know man, and everyone loves these threads, that's why the mods ought to sticky that one that happened to hang around long enough to get 15 pages or so long.

I guess no one wants to contribute lol

I became a Dolfan when the Dolphins played the Cowboys back in SuperBowl 6. I was like 9 years old and my dad was a Cowboys fan. He asked me who I wanted to win and just to be a little prick I said Miami. As we all know Miami lost that game but when the next season rolled around my Dad reminded me I was now a Dolfan. I rolled with it and I'd say going 17-0 that year worked out pretty well for me. I've been the biggest Dolphins fan on the planet and I'm now 42. I live and die each week with them.

One Nation - The Dolphin Nation

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

Like father like son. But I think I've passed my dad as far as dedication and love for the Phins goes. He grew up in Florida in the 70s so his whole family was Dolphins fans. I wouldn't have it any other way.

i am a dolphin fan by birth. Dad lived in Palm Beach area growing up, watched the dolphins from the beginning, when i was born, i was born into a dolphins blanket that was specially sterilezed by my dad's request. Call it a father son thing, but we are both die hards.

I played QB, and never saw a better passer than Dan Marino. I also liked the colors a lot : ) Watching Marino as I grew up, I became a fan and never liked any other team. I like the Skins in the NFC a little by default, being from the DC area. But the Fins are my TEAM.

First football game I watched was Miami vs. Dallas in the Leon Lett debacle, the Fins won, I've followed them ever since.

I started really watching football when Dan was just starting out. It was a great show to watch. That hooked me. My passion for the Dolphins has just grew immensely ever since.

Because Dan Marino co-owned Jerry Nadeau's car for 1 year. Then I cheered for the Dolphins.

1st time I ever saw a football game live was @ a Phins/Jets game in the meadowlands. I was given tickets by ex Jet Rb Johnny Hector who was a college roommate of a guy who was dating my aunt at the time (this was back in 84 when i was 6). I went into that game pretty neutral & not knowing much about football and came away from it the biggest Marino fan on the face of the planet. So i guess i started liking the phins cause of Marino

Back
Top Bottom