Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_12751301.jpg

Sports Illustrated’s Conor Orr undertook the unenviable task of predicting the final outcome for each of the NFL’s 256 scheduled contests for the regular season last week, unveiling the final outcome for each of the NFL’s 32 franchises.

For Miami, Orr forecasts a difficult 3-13 season in 2019 — so much so that he considers the Dolphins a “high-percentage favorite for the No. 1 pick in 2020”. Here’s what Orr had to say about the Dolphins in its entirety:

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...redicts-a-3-13-season-for-the-miami-dolphins/

However unlikely it is that we have +500 season i honestly only care that we're competitive and we progress through the season. As long as we don't look inept i think it leaves us with a positive outlook for 2020. Just don't fall of a cliff as the season goes and I'm good.

We were predicted to be a Super Bowl contender for 2006. I think that’s been the highest prediction we’ve had in the 2000’s. Not that these predictions matter at all.

I am counting on Fitzmagic in a big way. I think he gets us to 10-6.

I was half believing Fitzmagic could do it given a chance myself until I checked just how much cap space the Dolphins have, close to 27 mil available and were going into training camp and not trying to do everything possible to ensure the offensive line at least has half a chance to be average or slightly better. Spending some money on a RT would have a cascading effect across the line, freeing up Davis to compete with Reed or Dieter. Just to many IF's across the offensive line, and the money sitting there is somewhat telling.

Quite possible we don't get a true evaluation of Rosen if the O-line is really bad and at some point you run the risk that the whole team doesn't give 100% effort if you lose enough and there is no chance to win.

Sure hope they know what there doing? Don't believe you can plan for a bad season and come back the next year and not have the players on the team forget it happened.

Dead cap 37.5 mil and that is bad enough not to spend the 27 mil to try to get better = tank

I've waffled back and forth on this a couple of times - maybe next week I'll find something to be positive about again

I was half believing Fitzmagic could do it given a chance myself until I checked just how much cap space the Dolphins have, close to 27 mil available and were going into training camp and not trying to do everything possible to ensure the offensive line at least has half a chance to be average or slightly better. Spending some money on a RT would have a cascading effect across the line, freeing up Davis to compete with Reed or Dieter. Just to many IF's across the offensive line, and the money sitting there is somewhat telling.

Quite possible we don't get a true evaluation of Rosen if the O-line is really bad and at some point you run the risk that the whole team doesn't give 100% effort if you lose enough and there is no chance to win.

Sure hope they know what there doing? Don't believe you can plan for a bad season and come back the next year and not have the players on the team forget it happened.

Dead cap 37.5 mil and that is bad enough not to spend the 27 mil to try to get better = tank

I've waffled back and forth on this a couple of times - maybe next week I'll find something to be positive about again
Who is this right tackle you want us to claim to make the oline elite?

This might be the one time that SI's prediction comes true. The team outside of a few solid players, is made up of a lot of question marks and unknowns. The problem as I see it, is Fitzpatrick, if he gets hot, he's capable of out performing and winning more than 3 games.

We were in the playoff hunt until the very end last season despite bad coaching, alot of the same players, and a team that completely quit on it's head coach for the last 3 games.
I just don't see a massive loss of talent between this year's roster and last year's. Factor in better coaching and I think we'll be closer to 8 wins than 3.

I'm sorry...as bereft of talent as we are supposed to be, I must be looking through rose-colored glasses because I see the talent at almost every position.

Back
Top Bottom