Sports Illustrated's Take on the Dolphins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated's Take on the Dolphins.

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/preview/dolphins/

Questions...

1) When did W.H. state this? I know we all speculate at it but was there any real talk about it?

2) I think Feidler is going to have to have a horrible multi game showing before they put in Greise. It doesn't appear that Greise has done anything to suggest that he even be considered for the #1 job.

Yawn. I guess after reading so much about the Phions in the offseason that its going to be difficult for any of the major media outlets to come up with a blurb about us that is interesting.

"1) When did W.H. state this? I know we all speculate at it but was there any real talk about it?"

he has not come out and stated wanny is gone. however, he has made it very clear that anything short of a superbowl appearance is unacceptable.

Hum, I have NEVER heard or read where Huizenga has publicly put Wannstedt on notice !

It is sort of obvious that with Wannstedt not having a contract extension,, Huizenga expects a AFC East championship + ......

The media always loves hyperbole especially when it comes to the Miami Dolphins ... We can all thank JJ for that stigma !!

My opinion is that if the Miami Dolphins do not show major improvement in all questionable areas from last season.. And of course in the won/loss record as well,, D Wannstedt and a few of his hand picked assitants will be on the outside looking in this time next season ......

:evil:

Marino1983

I'm flogging myself a bit for reading this. Typical SI "bandwagon, go-with-the-flow" garbage. If the Dolphins have a great season, they'll claim to have said so from the start.

I thought the first sentence here was mean but funny!

"Dolphins will make the playoffs because...
There is enough talent on the roster to overcome the incompetence of the head coach. If this team starts out 0-4 and it gets Wannstedt fired, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They would have enough time to get back into the playoff race under a better coach (read: anybody). "

Incompetence? :lol:

So who would W.H. hire to coach the fins this year or next ?

Wanny bashing gets old.

I don't know exactly what this guy has done wrong here.

Not bashing Wanny, everyone else has the answer, so who does W.H. hire?

Best case scenario... (Strictly for a new head coach)...

-Oklahoma wins the National Championship
-Miami Dolphins have another late season Slide.
-Stoops looks for an NFL job.
-Wanny gets fired
-Bobby finds him self swimming in talent

Originally posted by Puncho
Not bashing Wanny, everyone else has the answer, so who does W.H. hire?

I know, but I'm just saying almost everyone likes to bash Wanny (not saying everyone on this forum) but a lot of people I talk to about the Fins.

This is an old article, I read this over a month ago..it's still circulating? Hmmm.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I thought the first sentence here was mean but funny!

"Dolphins will make the playoffs because...
There is enough talent on the roster to overcome the incompetence of the head coach.

This statement has been already proven false by the 2002 season :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom