Sports Weekly's top CBs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Weekly's top CBs

Originally posted by SoCalRaider

- Buchanon made his share of rookie mistakes... but I don't expect him to make them again next year. Plus the plays he made overshadowed the mistakes he did make.

- Considering R.Woodson led the league in interceptions and single-handedly held the Raiders secondary together when our top 3 CBs were out with injuries, I don't really think age is an issue with him.

-CWood never broke his leg. He suffered a stress fracture last year and turf toe the year before. None of those injuries are remotely career threatening and I doubt one had anything to do with the other...

If that's the case, then this whole list is a joke. I can't believe this list has CWood that fast when Buchanon is faster, quicker, and more agile.

Here is a link to some times, but Buchanon has run faster than a 4.36 in last year's minicamp...

http://www.couchscout.com/raid.htm

So you just ignored every other category in the formula to make Buchanon and all 4 of his games better than Woody! Its not a track meet, its a Football rating system. Buchanon may very well be on that list in a few years, but you dont beat out FOOTBALL saavy with blazing speed! Who cares if he can run a sub 4.3 40 if he gets his lil a$$ pushed to the ground at the line and gets beat by the fade to the corner of the endzone!

And yes, Pat is the TOTAL package at the corner spot! That was a great post, very unbiased and accurate!

If that's the case, then this whole list is a joke. I can't believe this list has CWood that fast when Buchanon is faster, quicker, and more agile.

This was just from the 26 guys on the list, not the entire league. Buchanon wasn't on the list.

Original take by PHINFAN4LIFE

So you just ignored every other category in the formula to make Buchanon and all 4 of his games better than Woody! Its not a track meet, its a Football rating system. Buchanon may very well be on that list in a few years, but you dont beat out FOOTBALL saavy with blazing speed! Who cares if he can run a sub 4.3 40 if he gets his lil a$$ pushed to the ground at the line and gets beat by the fade to the corner of the endzone!

And yes, Pat is the TOTAL package at the corner spot! That was a great post, very unbiased and accurate!

As I first said, if you saw Buchanon actually play you would have immediately noticed that his instincts and "football savvy" were better than CWood's. Also, I do not recall Buchanon ever getting beaten at the line or in the endzone. His size at this point in his career makes him a liability in run support.

In my opinion this is an extremely subjective rating system/formula/BS, one that I do not give much credence to... For what's it worth, I do not consider a corner who runs a 4.5 40 to be the TOTAL package...

-CWood never broke his leg. He suffered a stress fracture last year and turf toe the year before. None of those injuries are remotely career threatening and I doubt one had anything to do with the other...

[/url]

Tell that to Deion Sanders.

As I first said, if you saw Buchanon actually play you would have immediately noticed that his instincts and "football savvy" were better than CWood's. Also, I do not recall Buchanon ever getting beaten at the line or in the endzone. His size at this point in his career makes him a liability in run support.

In my opinion this is an extremely subjective rating system/formula/BS, one that I do not give much credence to... For what's it worth, I do not consider a corner who runs a 4.5 40 to be the TOTAL package...

Been there, saw that. He's a much better punt returner than corner(right now)! C'mon man, do you realize the difference between a 4.3 forty and a 4.5! A SNEEZE IS .2 seconds, from start to finish! You're tryin to hard! You dont have to consider PAT the total package, but "for what its worth" he's the closest thing to it in this league! Im not taking anything away from Buchanon, I saw him play, payed attention to his play(he is a former CANE) and he will develop into a great corner, but the instincts are just not better than Woodys, sorry!

No I actually love Buchanon's play. He was off at some times being a rookie but he looked great. Will be the #1 with that whatever his name is you drafted in the first round the #2 in 2004. Woodson will go I think and you will get possibly a RB, such as Rhodes from the Colts and maybe a 1st or second rounder.

Buchanon will be a player. I just disagreed with number 1 on the list is all. From what I've read Woodson broke his leg twice, I'm not a Raider fan so I'll believe what you say. If he did break it though, it depends on where, but he could have a hard time coming back. I used to be able to dunk a volleyball (couldn't palm a b-ball) and ran a 4.56 40. I ran a shuttle extremely fast 4.35. Now, I run around a 4.7, can't grab the rim with both hands, and run a shuttle in around 4.6. Of course the great college program I attend took away my scholarship after I was hurt the next season when they changed coaches. Thanks for being there guys when I got hurt for your team. Ok I'm better now.

you guys just got duped into saying Buchanon will be a great CB, but you won't admit Clements and Winfield are good.... damn, what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
you guys just got duped into saying Buchanon will be a great CB, but you won't admit Clements and Winfield are good.... damn, what am I doing wrong?

I'll say it, I love those guys.

But I love my Buckeyes.....ya ya I know, probably a horde of Hurricanes fans here.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
nope.

And on that answer, hey moulds, did you look in a mirror for inspiration while doctoring Ricky's picture for your Avatar? :D

Back
Top Bottom