Sportsbuzz 5/21/2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportsbuzz 5/21/2014

The number of players on our offense that would use the word "reminiscent" would have to be pretty low so it shouldn't be too difficult to narrow down the source. Its got to be either Hartline or Tannehill.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!

Yeah, the idea of adding the mismatches of Kelly's system and run game of Lazor's system to the precision passing of Philbin's system has me very excited as well.

Mismatches help receivers get open quickly, which lessens the burden on the pass protection and helps a QB build his rythem. The threat of a run game delays the rush a tad. If the players can learn the system well enough to play it instinctively and not be thinking about what to do, this should be excellent for us.

Plus, using the WR's to run pick plays for other crossing WR's makes me even more excited about the Jarvis Landry selection. That is exactly the type of offense he needs and he fits it perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a really good feeling about Lazor. If he can perfect the QB sneak (supposedly his specialty) that would be HUGE for us. I don't know if our QB coach is any good or not but Lazor should, and I would expect Lazor to take matters into his own hands here. Lazor is a young fresh mind (hopefully) so I expect new wrinkles every week, we should be much less predictable.

On top of all that the ability to vary tempo is such a huge advantage both home and away. At home in the heat we can tire defenses to exhaustion and keep them from making any adjustments. And away the hurry up can take the crowd out of the game. Running an effective up tempo offense is our path to 11 or 12 wins, homefield advantage in the playoffs and a SB run. Yes, I said it, we could be a SB contender this year!!!

Barkley said Heat fans aren't real fans. Cleveland fans are real fans. And that Lebron should finish his career in Cleveland.

Who cares its basketball. Maybe they'll create an adult beverage when lebaron makes his triumphant return.

I wonder if there has ever been an article where players hated the new offense when a new OC came on board lol

You have forgotten the Daboll era. Oh, wait that was just this site.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

The number of players on our offense that would use the word "reminiscent" would have to be pretty low so it shouldn't be too difficult to narrow down the source. Its got to be either Hartline or Tannehill.

Too many syllables for Pouncey.

I remember the same thing when we hired Sherman and Coyle

I think scheme wise, Coyle has given us what he said he would. He has his faults though (he loves to stunt WAY too much) but I don't think he didn't deliver the style he said he'd bring.

Sherman? Well sometimes you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

"A player at Dolphins offseason workouts said Tannehill has shown more consistency with his deep ball, after completing just 6 of 36 deep passes (throws of 20 or more yards) to Wallace last season."

Has Wallace showed more consistency in trying to catch deep balls?

"A player at Dolphins offseason workouts said Tannehill has shown more consistency with his deep ball, after completing just 6 of 36 deep passes (throws of 20 or more yards) to Wallace last season."

Has Wallace showed more consistency in trying to catch deep balls?

He was great at the deep ball as a rookie when his line held up. I don't buy the deep ball concerns. He had a new WR and a horrible pocket. I agree wallace sucks. Hes soft and doesnt give effort

I remember the same thing when we hired Sherman

and here is something to ponder.............., if tanny was able to actually hit mike wallace down field, in stride, even a quarter of the time, mike sherman would still be our o/c.

if tanny continues to hold the ball to long [you all didnt think the o-line was responsible for ALL those sacks did you?] and cant hit the big play, we will be seeing mass threads at seasons end about how dumb hickey and philbin are for hiring a first time o/c and how sherman was better than what we have now and the offensive line guys hickey drafted still are not giving tanny enough time, etc..... .

it is all about tanny this year. he has a LOT of pressure. his career, he has to show hickey he IS the future of dolphins and IS a franchise qb and he is worth a new contract that locks him up for many, many years and gets paid a gugillion dollars a week. if not, then he wont be getting that contract and we will be looking [hopefully not farther than brock jensen] for the franchise qb once again.

i am hoping brock looks like the kind of player he appears to be. a winner. a guy who make the big play at the right time, can make all the throws and has that "it" factor. i hope he gets reps early and often so he can put one of our backups out to pasture.

and here is something to ponder.............., if tanny was able to actually hit mike wallace down field, in stride, even a quarter of the time, mike sherman would still be our o/c.

if tanny continues to hold the ball to long [you all didnt think the o-line was responsible for ALL those sacks did you?] and cant hit the big play, we will be seeing mass threads at seasons end about how dumb hickey and philbin are for hiring a first time o/c and how sherman was better than what we have now and the offensive line guys hickey drafted still are not giving tanny enough time, etc..... .

it is all about tanny this year. he has a LOT of pressure. his career, he has to show hickey he IS the future of dolphins and IS a franchise qb and he is worth a new contract that locks him up for many, many years and gets paid a gugillion dollars a week. if not, then he wont be getting that contract and we will be looking [hopefully not farther than brock jensen] for the franchise qb once again.

i am hoping brock looks like the kind of player he appears to be. a winner. a guy who make the big play at the right time, can make all the throws and has that "it" factor. i hope he gets reps early and often so he can put one of our backups out to pasture.
so wallace gets a pass?

Here's something to consider: If Ryan Tannehill had done a better job hitting Mike Wallace, we'd still be stuck with Mike Sherman.

He didnt seem to have a problem hitting Hartline in stride 50 yards downfield against AZ. Not that RT gets a pass but the article is eluding to state that it was all RT fault and for those who actually watched each game, they know that is completely untrue.

He was great at the deep ball as a rookie when his line held up. I don't buy the deep ball concerns. He had a new WR and a horrible pocket. I agree wallace sucks. Hes soft and doesnt give effort

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Here's something to consider: If Ryan Tannehill had done a better job hitting Mike Wallace, we'd still be stuck with Mike Sherman.

Here, I fixed it for ya. :up:

If Ryan Tannehill had done a better job hitting Mike Wallace, and Mike wallace had donne a better job catching and fighting for balls we'd still be stuck with Mike Sherman

Back
Top Bottom