Spot-On Ginn Assessment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spot-On Ginn Assessment

100 v-bucks he is not a 3rd round pick??:D

Neither were Yatil Green or Jacquez Green. Remember the things that were said about Yatil? The U of M coaches talked about the Florida State game and how they looked like "geniuses" by getting him the ball any way possible because he could change the complexion of a game. I have to question the durability of a 180 lbs. receiver who gets hurt during an endzone celebration.

Thinking a guy is going to be waiting for you in the 3rd or 4th round is rediculas........Deep threat.... What is that? Haven't seen one of those around here in quite some time.......

tHE CUBAN MISSLE CRISIS STRIKES, and strikes hard by the way taking out everyone on this thread,,i agree and have been lobbying for ginn in all my posts for months.

Ginn brings so much value to this team on so many levels,i'am not going to even go over it again,,HIS SKILL SET FITS PERFECTLY WITH THIS TEAM.

Hey man,how do you like this name for your new nick name,,The Assasain.

I too would love to create some sort of research tool where we could go back and call out certain people who made brash,ignorant statements that had negative tones,for example"uhhh duhhhhh daunte no good no moss or ###k daunte or just some way to call people out for them being on the record.including myself when it comes to me being on the record.

Maybe it would make some people think and to articulate their opinions with better reasoning and less hurtful negativity.

:lol: I like it:ninja:

Wow so much differing of opinions. I do think this will be a debate well through the draft...

First of all, let me state I would rather draft Brown to help our oline. However, I would not be upset with Ginn. There are quite a few picks that would make me happy. I think with wr being relatively deep in this draft and the number of holes on this team, I would rather get wr in the 2nd or 3rd...

However, the team needs to take BPA. Granted at our position there will probably be quite a few players that grade out at the same level and that is when I would prefer Quinn, Brown, or even Ginn.

Sorry, but anyone that thinks Ginn would not make any impact in his rookie season did not watch Hester return any kicks for Chicago. At the very LEAST he would give us good field position is most games. Tie in a few reverses or quick slants that he has the speed to take all the way... I don't doubt his impact.

Neither were Yatil Green or Jacquez Green. Remember the things that were said about Yatil? The U of M coaches talked about the Florida State game and how they looked like "geniuses" by getting him the ball any way possible because he could change the complexion of a game. I have to question the durability of a 180 lbs. receiver who gets hurt during an endzone celebration.
180 or 220 it doesn't matter when someone pins your ankle underneath them trying to pull you down.

Nonsense. Absolutely he needs route work and hands work, but watch the tape and see how he works the middle of the field, behind the LB and in front of the safety.

Ginn works the middle of the field? That just dispels most of the untruths about him. The fact that his YPC was less than it was the previous two years shows that he is more than just a deep threat.

Not sure where the hatred for Ginn comes from to be honest. He offers this team and specifically this offense something it lacks - an x-factor. It's the Reggie Bush effect......you need to know exactly where he is on every given down. He's the perfect disguise for whatever else you run with the offense. Plus he affords you the speed to run reverses, flanker screens and means with him at flanker, you can put Chambers in the slot and create further match-up issues.

Couple that with the huge ST impact - this kid is a better return man than Devin Hester and is markedly quicker. He'd be a hell of a pick for Miami and don't let anyone tell you differently. Whilst Bowe and Meacham have Chad Johnson typv ability in terms of what they bring to a team, the multi-dimensional aspect of Ginn can't be overshadowed.

And as for Gonzalez, you only had to look at the BCS Title game to see how little impact he provides when Ginn isn't there.

Finally some one i totally agree with.Last year i mentioned a few times that Santonio Holmes should of been our 1st pick overall and was shoot down quite a few times.Maybe Ginn is a reach at 9 but this team has no playmakers at all. This is not 1 wr on this club that catch the ball and take it 65 yards for the td and god bless wes he plays with so much heart and passion for the game but having ginn back there would be great.This team needs to add some fire power to this club and wr corps.Did any 1 see what holmes did the last game of the year vs the bengals, he finished there season for them but catching a slant pass and taking it 65 yards for the score.Im not sure why there is hate for him and why every 1 is so protective of booker and welker when ginn would be a major upgrade over those to.When was the last time any of them caught a pass 80 plus yards and toke it to the house,With ginn everytime he catches the ball he can accomplish that.

Ginn works the middle of the field? That just dispels most of the untruths about him. The fact that his YPC was less than it was the previous two years shows that he is more than just a deep threat.

Anyone who's seen Ginn play more than just the highlights on Sportscentre will know that one of his favourite plays is the deep in, behind the linebackers and in front of the safeties.

Im getting a bit tired of the Ted Ginn, Jr. = Devin Hester analogies already.

Ted Ginn wasnt even the best punt returner in D-1 football this season.. but hes going to basically take over the NFL? Give me a break.. Hester is a rare talent.. he really is.

I think we should go after Stallworth for our " Deep Threat " and then pickup a pure special teamer with our 3rd/4th round pick.. Miami DOES need a kick returner that will make other teams nervous, but not at the cost of our first round pick

Anyone who's seen Ginn play more than just the highlights on Sportscentre will know that one of his favourite plays is the deep in, behind the linebackers and in front of the safeties.

How would you rate the top 5 WR's, in order? I'm still curious as to your specific assessment of Sidney Rice. Also, what about Brady Quinn?

Im getting a bit tired of the Ted Ginn, Jr. = Devin Hester analogies already.

Ted Ginn wasnt even the best punt returner in D-1 football this season.. but hes going to basically take over the NFL? Give me a break.. Hester is a rare talent.. he really is.

I think we should go after Stallworth for our " Deep Threat " and then pickup a pure special teamer with our 3rd/4th round pick.. Miami DOES need a kick returner that will make other teams nervous, but not at the cost of our first round pick

Hester is indeed a rare breed. But Ginn is a better return man.

How would you rate the top 5 WR's, in order? I'm still curious as to your specific assessment of Sidney Rice. Also, what about Brady Quinn?

1. Johnson
2. Ginn
3. Bowe
4. Meacham *
5. Rice.

* Meacham has the ability to move to 2 easily. He's one of the players I'm most keen on seeing at the Combine and at the Vols pro day.

I like Rice, I just want him to be more consistent. But when I've seen him, I've been impressed. Against Tennessee for example, he runs a route near the goaline, stops, the double coverage attacks the ball, except it's a fake, a perfectly executed body fake that leaves him wide open in thv back of the endzone in the space vacated by the corner and the safety. He also played Chris Houston, my 2nd rated CB better than anyone including Jarrett, Bowe and Meacham.

As for Quinn, I'm a huge fan. I love his mentality, his work ethic, his poise. I love how he moves the pocket, how athletic he is, how he works the middle of the field. Watch him work the 15-30 yard area of the centrefield and see how accurate he is, how outstanding his touch is. I think his arm is plenty good enough and he is clearly a perfect fit for the Cameron offense. All this stuff about not winning the big game is nonsense. He's a very fine prospect.

1. Johnson
2. Ginn
3. Bowe
4. Meacham *
5. Rice.

* Meacham has the ability to move to 2 easily. He's one of the players I'm most keen on seeing at the Combine and at the Vols pro day.

I like Rice, I just want him to be more consistent. But when I've seen him, I've been impressed. Against Tennessee for example, he runs a route near the goaline, stops, the double coverage attacks the ball, except it's a fake, a perfectly executed body fake that leaves him wide open in thv back of the endzone in the space vacated by the corner and the safety. He also played Chris Houston, my 2nd rated CB better than anyone including Jarrett, Bowe and Meacham.

As for Quinn, I'm a huge fan. I love his mentality, his work ethic, his poise. I love how he moves the pocket, how athletic he is, how he works the middle of the field. Watch him work the 15-30 yard area of the centrefield and see how accurate he is, how outstanding his touch is. I think his arm is plenty good enough and he is clearly a perfect fit for the Cameron offense. All this stuff about not winning the big game is nonsense. He's a very fine prospect.

Thanks, great info.

Also, I noticed the omission of Dwayne Jarrett. Is it safe to assume that you think that drafting Jarrett at #9, as many have predicted, would be a huge mistake? Is it purely a speed issue?

Back
Top Bottom