Spurrier to quit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spurrier to quit?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Say it ain't so...

that's not a rumor I want to hear when we're in the market for a coach, and we allready have rumors of him coming to Miami.

He wouldn't be the worst coach ever, but he'd need help...lots and lots of help. It would REALLY increase our chances for brining in a stud rookie QB this year, and would get our passing game off the ground. But that would mean next year would be a total flop, no matter what.

but I'm sitting here thinking of the possiblities of a coach who had one of hte bet passing teams in college at the helm. with Roth, Eli or Rivers at the helm, Chambers at #1, a good #2 receiver, McMichaels, and Ricky to run...........hmmmmm.......in 2 years we could be contenders again.

Even if he considers, as he publicly is doing so, that tells Dan Snyder that this guy isnt fully dedicated, so look for his butt to get fired anyways...

please no Spurrier in Miami, god no!

I think Wanne knows by now many of us would not support Spurrier if he were to come to Miami, so until it really does happen, I think we can calm down for now.

LOL... I have to say this.... IF and I repeat IF Spurrier became the Dolphins new head coach... wouldn't you have to be positive and supportive?? or would that make you not a fan???

I've bashed Wanny (and Jay) many time in the last 2-3 years and people cursed me for saying anything negative about our beloved Dolphins...

Originally posted by Graythreat
Say it ain't so...

that's not a rumor I want to hear when we're in the market for a coach, and we allready have rumors of him coming to Miami.

He wouldn't be the worst coach ever, but he'd need help...lots and lots of help. It would REALLY increase our chances for brining in a stud rookie QB this year, and would get our passing game off the ground. But that would mean next year would be a total flop, no matter what.

but I'm sitting here thinking of the possiblities of a coach who had one of hte bet passing teams in college at the helm. with Roth, Eli or Rivers at the helm, Chambers at #1, a good #2 receiver, McMichaels, and Ricky to run...........hmmmmm.......in 2 years we could be contenders again.

Lord help us. Spurrier would just be jumping from the frying pan !!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

We have no idea what Steve Spurrier could do for our offense...NONE.

I wouldn't choose him first, but he'd be on my list....

1. D. Green
2. T. Coughlin
3. C. Wies
4. L. Smith
5. M. Holmgren
6. S. Spurrier

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by Jeep
LOL... I have to say this.... IF and I repeat IF Spurrier became the Dolphins new head coach... wouldn't you have to be positive and supportive?? or would that make you not a fan???

I've bashed Wanny (and Jay) many time in the last 2-3 years and people cursed me for saying anything negative about our beloved Dolphins...

Alot of fans are praying for a coaching change....

If, again, if Spurrier comes in, we FANS will support him or any coach that replaces Dave. Who knows, with a good GM, we might not be bad off.

Fans want changes, well they have to accept the consequences of their wishes.

GOOO FIIINZ

the only patriot leftovers i would consider would be pioli as the gm and then go out and get a coach. who the heck knows!!!!!!!!! being a dolfin fan here in new england especially this year makes it so hard because the LUCK THE PATS HAVE HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DOLPHINS

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
We have no idea what Steve Spurrier could do for our offense...NONE.

I wouldn't choose him first, but he'd be on my list....

1. D. Green
2. T. Coughlin
3. C. Wies
4. L. Smith
5. M. Holmgren
6. S. Spurrier

PHINZ RULE!!!!

No Nick Saban?? My wittle hawt is bwoken!! :cry:

Admin decree: every coaching list posted must include the name Nick Saban. Think of it as feeding Princess Leia's to Jabba the Hut.

:tongue:

So you would want a proven loser in the NFL and a QUITTER over Wannstadt?? Id take alot of people of Wanne.. but never Spurrier!

Originally posted by Disnardo

Alot of fans are praying for a coaching change....

If, again, if Spurrier comes in, we FANS will support him or any coach that replaces Dave. Who knows, with a good GM, we might not be bad off.

Fans want changes, well they have to accept the consequences of their wishes.

GOOO FIIINZ

Altho I am not hoping for Spurrier, I will afford him [or any new coach] the same courtesy i exteto Wannstedt. I was not in favor of him coming here in the first place but I gave him a 3 yr period to get his own thing going and I would do thje same for any other new coach. Three yrs is a long enough timetable to evaluate the teams' status and see the direction it is headed in. That is why I have been in favor of the Wannstedt firing as of 12/29/02. We have been steadily going downhill ever since Wanny's arrival and enough is enough. his exit cannot be soon enough. Matter of fact, it's a year late already.

Back
Top Bottom