St. Louis Writer: Dolphins rob Rams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St. Louis Writer: Dolphins rob Rams

BSQX4 said:
A big, fast back who hits the hole very fast makes a line look better. On films of him he showed very good vision once he's past theline of scrimmage. Also, he follows blockers well.

we just need some blockers! :D

Good read nublar7, sounds like many of the Rams and their fans were high on this guy. I look forward to seeing what he can do here in Miami

t2thejz said:
4.3...Thats some wishfull thinkingh but Im all for it

NOT!

18 RBs got over 1000 yards last year...and out of those 18, only 2 didn't get above 4 YPC.

With the way Wanny run his offense, it shouldn't be wishful thinking at all.

Superself said:
NOT!

18 RBs got over 1000 yards last year...and out of those 18, only 2 didn't get above 4 YPC.

With the way Wanny run his offense, it shouldn't be wishful thinking at all.

lets hope the O line gels QUICK!

phunwin said:
So you think there will be single coverage on Chambers and Booker as long as Fiedler is in there? Remember, McMichael is fast enough that you probably need a safety to account for him.

Even with Fiedler's limited arm strength, it doesn't take much for Chambers to get by a corner, and surely, Fiedler can hit him 15 yards downfield. No, with Chambers and Booker, it's highly unlikely that there will be 8 man fronts, even with Fiedler in the game.

Big problem there.

Teams know Fiedler can't chuck it deep. So the box will still be crowded doing double duty of trying to pick off Fiedler's short to medium routes or run support.

I'd wager that the majority of the time, with exception to obvious long yardage situations...anyone going deep will be in single coverage.

Superself said:
Big problem there.

Teams know Fiedler can't chuck it deep. So the box will still be crowded doing double duty of trying to pick off Fiedler's short to medium routes or run support.

I'd wager that the majority of the time, with exception to obvious long yardage situations...anyone going deep will be in single coverage.

didnt feilder light up the best defense in the league last year?

What I like is that we addressed the holes, we now have 2 good to great receivers instead of one, a good up and coming TE, an improved line that needs to gel. And now we have a back that can make defenses respect it. Jay nor AJ will have to carry the team on his back like we first thought.

And expectations are still low. So we come in under the radar, more focused and humbled early. I think this has the chance to be a special year, No I am not predicting a super bowl, I will root for it, but we may suprise alot of people.

i am wondering how good LG is out of the backfield on passes. If this kid is and he gets the nod soon, i can see him being more of a marshall fualk type back where he gets like 800 yds rushing but like 600 yds recieveing. yoiu know that we will be RB by committee until he is more knowledgeable of this offense.

rickeyrunsover said:
What I like is that we addressed the holes, we now have 2 good to great receivers instead of one, a good up and coming TE, an improved line that needs to gel. And now we have a back that can make defenses respect it. Jay nor AJ will have to carry the team on his back like we first thought.

And expectations are still low. So we come in under the radar, more focused and humbled early. I think this has the chance to be a special year, No I am not predicting a super bowl, I will root for it, but we may suprise alot of people.

Nice! just the way i like it! the ol Mahammed Ali rope a dope!

Superself said:
Big problem there.

this is a crock. JF can throw it deep, the problem often is cant they catch the damn ball or can they cant get downfield fast enough. JF often overthrows guys and part of that is he hast to hurry it more due to poor blocking on his back side. what good is feeley's arm if he gets sacked from having to wait too long?

FinsFanatic said:
they will play 8 until jay starts beatin them deep/or half deep

its not just beating them deep, its beating them over the middle, somehting we didnt do until late in the season.

finfan54 said:
this is a crock. JF can throw it deep, the problem often is cant they catch the damn ball or can they cant get downfield fast enough. JF often overthrows guys and part of that is he hast to hurry it more due to poor blocking on his back side. what good is feeley's arm if he gets sacked from having to wait too long?

That's crap. A large majority of the time, Miami's receivers have to cut off their routes and come back for a Jay Fiedler underthrown pass. 70% of his downfield throws are jump balls for the defensive back and wide receiver.

finfan54 said:
i am wondering how good LG is out of the backfield on passes. If this kid is and he gets the nod soon, i can see him being more of a marshall fualk type back where he gets like 800 yds rushing but like 600 yds recieveing. yoiu know that we will be RB by committee until he is more knowledgeable of this offense.

I haven't seen him catch, but the reports are that he's got good hands but isn't a natural rec. I took that to mean good not great. I expect that he'll have more success as a runner than a rec.

finfan54 said:

If everything goes to plan, Miami won't be throwing to the backs as much as St. Louis. They run the same offense, but Miami emphasizes the run more. St. Louis also doesn't throw to the tight ends much. They use Marshall on the tight end routes, and that's why he will catch 70-80 balls when he is at full health.

In Miami, expect Gordon to get between 40-50 receptions while McMichael/Lee combine for around 60-70 receptions. The goal is to get the wide receivers more involved down the field, and the only way that will happen is if AJ Feeley is throwing his darts all over the field.

I can't wait till AJ Feeley gets in there so you can see how this offense is actually supposed to look with the downfield passes and all of the out passes incorporated into the passing attack.

Back
Top Bottom