St. Louis Writer: Dolphins rob Rams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St. Louis Writer: Dolphins rob Rams

finfan54 said:
this is a crock. JF can throw it deep, the problem often is cant they catch the damn ball or can they cant get downfield fast enough. JF often overthrows guys and part of that is he hast to hurry it more due to poor blocking on his back side. what good is feeley's arm if he gets sacked from having to wait too long?

Did you just say Jay Fiedler can throw it deep?? :eek:

Wow....your credibility just snapped the twig limb you were out on.

KBISBACK said:
That's crap. A large majority of the time, Miami's receivers have to cut off their routes and come back for a Jay Fiedler underthrown pass. 70% of his downfield throws are jump balls for the defensive back and wide receiver.
Glad to see someone is watching the games. Many of Chambers catches are coming back to Fiedler's passes. The stupid thing is Turner never put in plays for Chambers to purposely come back to the passes like all good offenses do once in a while. Take advantage of Fiedler's weaker arm.

I think everyone forgets who picked LG in the first place Martz. He may be a bad head caoch, but he is an offensive mastermind, and an excellent evaluater of offensive talent. The only reason they let him go was they took the first running back in the draft, that fell to them because of the run on WR's in the first round of the draft.

Actually,

KB post couldn't be more far from the truth.Jay deep passes sometimes tend to float which explians why he overthrows most deep passes.Jay can get the ball deep if he is given time to set.One of his positive coming out Jacksonville was his deepball.

The real problem with Jay is the deep outs.

whatever they did in that Dallas game last year is the way they should aslways play with JF at QB. That game was magic.

I can throw the ball 35 yards, but it doesn't mean I can throw a 35 yard pass. That is what I think of Jay Fiedlers deep passing.

If Kareem Abdul-Jabbar can rush for 1,000, then Gordon should get it easy. Rick did a great job on this deal...especially by giving up OUR third round pick as opposed to the Bears third rounder which will most likely be considerably better pick.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
If Kareem Abdul-Jabbar can rush for 1,000, then Gordon should get it easy. Rick did a great job on this deal...especially by giving up OUR third round pick as opposed to the Bears third rounder which will most likely be considerably better pick.
Hey! Dont knock Kareem... I still sport my REVERSABLE Abdul - Jabbar jersey!!!!

I know a lot of Cards and Rams fans and they are all that way. I'm just thankful that the Rams were willing to make the trade. Things are looking a little brighter down in Miami.

john00agent said:
didnt feilder light up the best defense in the league last year?

Didn't he turn the ball over more in 7 of 12 games that he played in than times he scored? In fact, wasn't that Dallas game only one of TWO times that he scored more than he turned the ball over?

Fiedler played piss poor last season, and to defend his play is ridiculous.

I think the value of the trade was even. if not a little better for Miami. If Gordon can stay healthy then we may have what we needed a serviceable Rb.

Agreed.

I have a lot better feeling about our running game with this deal.

Could make the Oct 24 game verry interesting.....

rafael said:
There was a former scout on ESPN radio today (I missed his name) who mentioned the LG trade. I only caught the end, but he said that LG is a much better back than A-train. In general, the only people who seem to think Miami did badly on this trade are the naysayers on this board.
If you listen to some then that would be me, but I like Gordon more than
A-Train. I think its a good deal to get Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom