Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 188 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

Sure, but I’ll wait til they face and beat an actual NFL QB first other than Justin Fields and their narrow victory over the team with No.1 pick in the draft. They actually struggled against the teams picking 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall as well.
Too bad you missed the Super Bowl! Great game. 🎃. Wait, what!… What you talking about ghost?

Last edited:
If you were Brady would you like to be throwing to Hill and Waddle? Brady knows his way around the pocket. He would be fine. The problems with the offensive line are a little overblown on here. Most of their issues were due to the constant shifting of lineups due to injuries. I don’t expect them to have the same bad luck they had last season plus these guys will be another year’s worth of experience in this system. You also have the draft coming up and whoever might shake free after the draft and team cuts. There’s still a chance they add another player or two to the line.
Ha ha ha great now I know why Brady’s not coming! Good let’s be starting those guys to be sure… Last thing we need is that asshole ego-maniac here! Ha ha. Geez I’d have to miss an entire season of Finheaven and football - too much to take! 🤠

Right?! I never saw an easier path to the Super Bowl than the Eagles had last year. Danny Jones then Doug Johnson in the playoffs?! They were unchallenged all year long playing below average teams and QBs.
OK and for the record who did you cheer for in that game… In your post? On game day? Huh?

Stop it.

Go watch his injuries again. He held the ball waaaaaaaay too long. That's on Tua.
So Tua must make one read within two seconds each an every time? Ya ok. Along with being impossible That sounds like a tremendous waste of the fastest receiver corp in the league.

I have watched the replays, one was on Tua, the other two he got early pressure and his first read was taken away. He rolled out on all three to make an off script play. One he made, one he missed, one he had no chance.

If you think this oline is anything other than bottom tier I don’t know what to tell you. Every single analyst and/or rating system disagrees with you. As far as McD being on your side, well we all know a head coach’s pride and hubris NEVER gets in the way right?

If you were Brady would you like to come play behind Eich and Jackson? You know the likely reasons for Tua getting hurt in the first place.
I'm not sure about the 2021 injuries, but Jackson didn't play in the 3 games that Tua appeared to have head injuries in during 2022... he was out vs the Bills, Bengals and Packers. Not saying Jackson is the answer at tackle, we'll see where his progress is at, but just saying it's unfair to put Tua's injuries on him. Dolphins were 4-1 when Jackson played in 2022.

Last edited:
How are we ignoring film especially when you even said Tua negated the heavy rush with his decisiveness? Without Tua making the correct read pretty much most of the time this offense would be doomed. See the film on Skylar and Teddy B.

Also when team like the chargers jammed our receivers and took away the middle of the field the oline needs to be able to give Tua time to go through his progressions. I was at that game and the receivers were blanketed and the oline had Tua running for his life, literally. It was the most scrambles he had all year.

Mcd has shown one main attribute that overshadows realm the good for now, his insane stubbornness. Teams in December were begging for us to run the ball but he just kept passing and passing. If we run the ball on any of those 3rd and shorts vs Buffalo, we win that game. We were 31st in carries and the optimist says that’ll change. The realist understands the major core flaw in mcd as he didn’t/couldn’t make any adjustments all year. So now he’s going to figure that out??? I’m doubtful and expect more if the sane which was still pretty good. Not as good as I think we could be but still pretty darn good. regardless, like last season showed us, an indecisive Tua is a problem. It’ll happen from time to time, just like it dies fir every QB. So why oh why knowing all of this did we not make oline more if a priority?
The Charger's game showed Tua passing up wide open check downs and forcing the ball to the blanketed WRs. I saw that game as one of the most eggregious examples of Tua holding the ball and/or forcing deep passes instead of hitting his check downs. You can see it easily in the replays, although I can see why you may have missed it at the game.

And while I agree that McD should run the ball more (and said so in the post you responded to), Tua is still at fault for forcing passes instead of using his check downs as the system directs. McD even mentioned it in his PC after the game, that there were open players and that Tua needs to trust his reads more.

So Tua must make one read within two seconds each an every time? Ya ok. Along with being impossible That sounds like a tremendous waste of the fastest receiver corp in the league.

I have watched the replays, one was on Tua, the other two he got early pressure and his first read was taken away. He rolled out on all three to make an off script play. One he made, one he missed, one he had no chance.

If you think this oline is anything other than bottom tier I don’t know what to tell you. Every single analyst and/or rating system disagrees with you. As far as McD being on your side, well we all know a head coach’s pride and hubris NEVER gets in the way right?

Yeah I agree with you here.

It amazes me. Tua has if not the, one of the fastest releases in Football.

It's not like Tua is known for holding on to the ball too long like Brrow and Fields.

It's kind of foolish to solely blame Tua fir the injuries even if he did hold on too long.

Maybe we should start wondering why if Tua holds the ball longer then 2.5 seconds there's a defender on him almost every time.

It's easy to Blame the QB

But again, he's not a QB known for that

You have said it. It's clear the o line was a joke when Tua was not in the game.

It would be nice to have a line that will allow Tua to sit in the pocket for 4-6 seconds 4 or 5 times a game like almost every other QB does.

But the 2 times a game Tua holds on too Long and takes a hit, I'm sorry I am not putting the blame solely on Tua.

However, Tuas fault is not utilizing the check down.

Tua gets the ball out quickly. It's one of the reasons he's one of the best QBs in the league and perfect for this system. But he's always shown a tendency towards hero ball, even going back to college. He's mentioned it himself as something he needs to work on. And the fact of the matter is that when he takes hits, it's usually b/c he holds the ball too long rather than b/c the OL whiffed.

Yeah I agree with you here.

It amazes me. Tua has if not the, one of the fastest releases in Football.

It's not like Tua is known for holding on to the ball too long like Brrow and Fields.

It's kind of foolish to solely blame Tua fir the injuries even if he did hold on too long.

Maybe we should start wondering why if Tua holds the ball longer then 2.5 seconds there's a defender on him almost every time.

It's easy to Blame the QB

But again, he's not a QB known for that

You have said it. It's clear the o line was a joke when Tua was not in the game.

It would be nice to have a line that will allow Tua to sit in the pocket for 4-6 seconds 4 or 5 times a game like almost every other QB does.

But the 2 times a game Tua holds on too Long and takes a hit, I'm sorry I am not putting the blame solely on Tua.

However, Tuas fault is not utilizing the check down.
Yup and Tua and McD are gonna learn big time from that… Also, that Oline was half its potential when Armstead was out… He’s was the key player along with Williams and Hunt.

Yup and Tua and McD are gonna learn big time from that… Also, that Oline was half its potential when Armstead was out… He’s was the key player along with Williams and Hunt.
When Armstead got hurt and Shell took over was when Tua had no time and was not at fault of holding the ball too long. The pressure didn't come from AJ's man. I'm not saying he was a wall or anything, but he was in the way and by the time he got beat, Shell's man had already disrupted the play. Yet for some reason people here still wanted Shell over AJ. I think they have just formed an opinion and don't watch film.

The Charger's game showed Tua passing up wide open check downs and forcing the ball to the blanketed WRs. I saw that game as one of the most eggregious examples of Tua holding the ball and/or forcing deep passes instead of hitting his check downs. You can see it easily in the replays, although I can see why you may have missed it at the game.

And while I agree that McD should run the ball more (and said so in the post you responded to), Tua is still at fault for forcing passes instead of using his check downs as the system directs. McD even mentioned it in his PC after the game, that there were open players and that Tua needs to trust his reads more.
Absolutely...

If I have one complaint about Tua is that he is ****ing stubborn. It leads him to hold the ball too long, and it leads him to constantly look for the big play, rather than taking what is there.

He NEEDS to mature, learn to hit check downs and sometimes even throw it away. For a quarterback who i think could be great, I think he lacks a survival instinct that would help both him... and the Dolphins.

I think you grossly overestimate the check downs during the chargers game. I remember him missing 2. I could be wrong and will see if I can find the all 22 somewhere. That game m, however, was on McD not Tua missing check downs. Our coach was figured out and couldn’t pivot at all. It happens and is a learning opportunity. if the SF Fran game was on Tua the charger gave was definitely MCD’s

Tua can’t catch a break from this fan base. It’s literally whiplash. First, According to some on FH and the media, all he does is check down for 2 years. Remember the lame nickname “2 yard Tua???”Now he’s being aggressive and you want him to go back? I know, I know you mean use it more often however he’d be crucified if he checked down in 3rd and long like Tanny used to. The guy just can’t do anything right in some people’s eyes. It’s tragic.

Back
Top Bottom