Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 189 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

I think you grossly overestimate the check downs during the chargers game. I remember him missing 2. I could be wrong and will see if I can find the all 22 somewhere. That game m, however, was on McD not Tua missing check downs. Our coach was figured out and couldn’t pivot at all. It happens and is a learning opportunity. if the SF Fran game was on Tua the charger gave was definitely MCD’s

Tua can’t catch a break from this fan base. It’s literally whiplash. First, According to some on FH and the media, all he does is check down for 2 years. Remember the lame nickname “2 yard Tua???”Now he’s being aggressive and you want him to go back? I know, I know you mean use it more often however he’d be crucified if he checked down in 3rd and long like Tanny used to. The guy just can’t do anything right in some people’s eyes. It’s tragic.
Anyone who said that all he was doing is checking down... was wrong.

We've lacked the RB and Y-type TE to make that happen more.

Anyone who said that all he was doing is checking down... was wrong.

We've lacked the RB and Y-type TE to make that happen more.

I agree but that nickname was originally coined by cowherd and soon parroted by a lot of blowhards in the national media. Of course our resident Tua haters jumped on that one too.

I think you grossly overestimate the check downs during the chargers game. I remember him missing 2. I could be wrong and will see if I can find the all 22 somewhere. That game m, however, was on McD not Tua missing check downs. Our coach was figured out and couldn’t pivot at all. It happens and is a learning opportunity. if the SF Fran game was on Tua the charger gave was definitely MCD’s

Tua can’t catch a break from this fan base. It’s literally whiplash. First, According to some on FH and the media, all he does is check down for 2 years. Remember the lame nickname “2 yard Tua???”Now he’s being aggressive and you want him to go back? I know, I know you mean use it more often however he’d be crucified if he checked down in 3rd and long like Tanny used to. The guy just can’t do anything right in some people’s eyes. It’s tragic.
I base my opinions on the all-22. You don't see me posting in game day threads or even usually right after the games, b/c I hate being one of those people that post unsupported crap they thought they saw between beers.

And of course, it's not going to be 15 times a game. Its always going to be about 4 or 5 times per game. It's those 4 or 5 times per game where he holds the ball or forces it into coverage that are the difference in taking hits or throwing INTs. Those are the decisions that have to be better. That's what made Brady so good. He was just so consistent at making the correct, quick decision. In the NFL that consistency is the difference between the great QBs and the journeyman.

And the fan base who criticized Tua for checking down are the ones who don't watch film. I said before last season that my concern was that Tua was going to be too aggressive. It's what you saw on his college film. I said, he was the most aggressive college QB I'd ever evaluated. I said that was his natural tendency, but he's not going to have the same roster advantages in the pros. He has to learn when to just take a profit.

It's possible to have two separate thoughts at the same time. You can love Tua's aggressiveness and at the same time be critical of his decisions that lead to his injuries. Tua needs to find a happy medium and if he doesn't his career is going to be cut short.

I base my opinions on the all-22. You don't see me posting in game day threads or even usually right after the games, b/c I hate being one of those people that post unsupported crap they thought they saw between beers.

And of course, it's not going to be 15 times a game. Its always going to be about 4 or 5 times per game. It's those 4 or 5 times per game where he holds the ball or forces it into coverage that are the difference in taking hits or throwing INTs. Those are the decisions that have to be better. That's what made Brady so good. He was just so consistent at making the correct, quick decision. In the NFL that consistency is the difference between the great QBs and the journeyman.

And the fan base who criticized Tua for checking down are the ones who don't watch film. I said before last season that my concern was that Tua was going to be too aggressive. It's what you saw on his college film. I said, he was the most aggressive college QB I'd ever evaluated. I said that was his natural tendency, but he's not going to have the same roster advantages in the pros. He has to learn when to just take a profit.
And or tries to scramble around in a dead pocket when he should just throw the ball away or go down and avoid the big hit.

The debate is over whether Miami should have invested more in the offensive line during free agency in order to protect Tua, and many like me have argued that Tua needs to help protect himself.
We need both. Tua does need to protect himself and make better decisions, AND we need another quality Tackle and Guard (or Center if Williams goes back to LG.

We should re-sign Shell or find another quality vet post cuts in June. And I hope to draft 2Linemen in the draft (hoping we trade down or trade Wilson and add a couple addIona picks)

The fact that we let all pro Wagner go to Seattle for a measly 7 million is particularly annoying. I trust in Fangio but that was a miss.

Back
Top Bottom