Starting C & LB for less than Hunt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting C & LB for less than Hunt

Good business so far. Wouldn’t want any of the guys we lost back at their price tag. We are still in day 1 of FA. Lots of offseason left + draft + June 1 (Howard cap).

People overreact way too much on the first day of free agency. We are either SB champs or avoiding the inevitable rebuild on here after 1 day lol

Let this **** play out some.

Can we bring Connor Williams back as a Guard? What about Raekwon Davis? I’m not a huge fan of his but is he still around? Anyone left from the 2020 draft besides Tua and our LS for that matter?

Raekwon Davis has no business coming back.

To the OP’s premise, it appears Brewer, Brooks AND Jonnu Smith combined are right around Hunt’s AAV.

That’s a win.

If we can re-sign Connor Williams to play OG at a discount that might be a good idea.

To the OP’s premise, it appears Brewer, Brooks AND Jonnu Smith combined are right around Hunt’s AAV.

That’s a win.
I would argue one step further than that; their contracts are shorter and have less guaranteed money as well. That means we get players while they are in their prime and have the ability to move on if things don’t work out. You give Hunt (who will be 28 in August) a 5 year $100M deal and you are stuck with him at least 3 years. If they have to rework his money, probably 4 or even 5 years at massive cap hits. These mid-tier contracts are the back bone of a roster.

I would argue one step further than that; their contracts are shorter and have less guaranteed money as well. That means we get players while they are in their prime and have the ability to move on if things don’t work out. You give Hunt (who will be 28 in August) a 5 year $100M deal and you are stuck with him at least 3 years. If they have to rework his money, probably 4 or even 5 years at massive cap hits. These mid-tier contracts are the back bone of a roster.

Yup and I want to add one more. Josh Reynolds.

That’s a win.
That's pretty much how we have to look at deals moving forward since we're in cap hell. Hopefully we can get a decent starting CB and Safety without breaking the bank.

Back
Top Bottom