Starting C & LB for less than Hunt | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting C & LB for less than Hunt

Connor Williams was a LT in college and a LG for the Cowboys. The only place where he's played center is here. He can absolutely kick back out and I'd prefer to see him back at LG.
Liam Eichenberg told Omar Kelly he thinks his best position fit is RG but thats where Hunt played. So with the signing of Brewer to play Center, if we move Liam to RG and sign Connor to play LG our OL would be set. Of course Connor probably won't be ready to start the season but we did re-sign Robert Jones who can play LG.

Liam Eichenberg told Omar Kelly he thinks his best position fit is RG but thats where Hunt played. So with the signing of Brewer to play Center, if we move Liam to RG and sign Connor to play LG our OL would be set. Of course Connor probably won't be ready to start the season but we did re-sign Robert Jones who can play LG.
Tua would not be successful with Jones, Brewer, Eich in the middle. None of those 3 are even average at pass blocking.

Tua would not be successful with Jones, Brewer, Eich in the middle. None of those 3 are even average at pass blocking.
Eich was a 2nd round pick and will have to start somewhere so we might as well start him at the position he feels most comfortable which is RG. We just signed Brewer to be our starting Center. We probably are not going to re-sign Connor. I think we are going to draft the U Washington LT Fautanu and play him at LG as a rookie then move him to LT in 2025 when Armstead retires.

Yeah, that would be a disaster.

I like Wynn, but can't count on him due to injuries.

If Eich is being looked at, as a starter, with Brewer at Center..... I dunno, but that does not brew any confidence. It may be worse, pass blocking wise then last year. Which is saying a lot as we were 31st lol

Williams is not coming back. Relationship is done between he & FO, he’s not healthy, seeking a large contract and is coming off of multiple torn acls the past two years.
Thats for the best we don't need to sign anymore injury prone players.

Eich was a 2nd round pick and will have to start somewhere so we might as well start him at the position he feels most comfortable which is RG. We just signed Brewer to be our starting Center. We probably are not going to re-sign Connor. I think we are going to draft the U Washington LT Fautanu and play him at LG as a rookie then move him to LT in 2025 when Armstead retires.
Yea, cap probably makes getting 2 great guards unrealistic. So might have to live with Brewer and Eich at C and RG, provided the LG is capable of handling a pass rushing DT 1 on 1. That way you can scheme, double team with those 2 guys, etc. But we saw 3 bad interior guys late last season. It isn't pretty. It gives the defense a place to attack. And it's not just getting Tua hit. Tua is short. He can't see if there's pressure inside.

Eich has shown at every position that he is not a NFL player.

Eich has shown at every position that he is not a NFL player.
This right here! I've said it before, but Eich is our canary in the coal mine. If he starts, we are doomed. If he's a backup, we're in imminent danger. The only way we're safe is if he is injured or cut.

This right here! I've said it before, but Eich is our canary in the coal mine. If he starts, we are doomed. If he's a backup, we're in imminent danger. The only way we're safe is if he is injured or cut.
Yup, I'm completely for cutting Eich, ive been raging at since those bad snaps in the preseason and he only got worse. Williams is likely a lost cause. He was pushing for too much money last year and I only see it getting worse. Let some other team overpay for his injury prone arse.

It's probably crazy but I'm still for drafting jpj and moving brewer to a different spot In the interior line. That way you can move brewer for certain plays and we have a reliable next man up. The fans were worried about the line last year and we were right (mostly due to injuries, but hey we have too many injury prone guys). So I'm okay with going overboard trying to fix this.
Tua has loads of flaws but we're stuck with him so we need to actually give him time on plays. Yes we have holes on defense now but we lost most of our games last year because the offense went limp.

I would be surprised with them picking a WR in round 1 unless they are able to add a few more starting caliber offensive linemen before the draft.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I think the OL and DT positions are bigger needs than a 3rd WR. Depending on what happens with the safety position in free agency and the CB position. I can see them drafting a safety or CB in round 1 before they would draft a WR.

I’ll stick with my earlier prediction that the Dolphins won’t use a high draft pick on a WR until the 2025 draft but anything can happen on draft night.

Agree. Triage

Yup, I'm completely for cutting Eich, ive been raging at since those bad snaps in the preseason and he only got worse. Williams is likely a lost cause. He was pushing for too much money last year and I only see it getting worse. Let some other team overpay for his injury prone arse.

It's probably crazy but I'm still for drafting jpj and moving brewer to a different spot In the interior line. That way you can move brewer for certain plays and we have a reliable next man up. The fans were worried about the line last year and we were right (mostly due to injuries, but hey we have too many injury prone guys). So I'm okay with going overboard trying to fix this.
Tua has loads of flaws but we're stuck with him so we need to actually give him time on plays. Yes we have holes on defense now but we lost most of our games last year because the offense went limp.

Not out of the question. Miami now has flexibility in the OL choices.

Good business so far. Wouldn’t want any of the guys we lost back at their price tag. We are still in day 1 of FA. Lots of offseason left + draft + June 1 (Howard cap).

People overreact way too much on the first day of free agency. We are either SB champs or avoiding the inevitable rebuild on here after 1 day lol

Let this **** play out some.

But there will likely be updated mocks out before end of day

Back
Top Bottom