Statistical Evidence of Shoddy Coaching / Coaching Lost This Game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Statistical Evidence of Shoddy Coaching / Coaching Lost This Game

Originally posted by Disnardo
QUOTE]Originally posted by FinaticalOne

Everyone agrees the line play has to improve, but it all starts w/Norv's play-calling as well. It's too predictable, and it doesn't matter who is on the line, if a defense knows what you are going to do, nine out of 10 times they will stop you.

Last year we ran the ball extremely well as I remember, and every team in the NFL knew we were going to run. They all tried and for the most part they were unsuccessful in stopping the run. Norv's game plan is the same this year as last year's, so what is the difference?

IMO the somewhat underachieving OL..

Thank GOD we still have many games left to get it straighten out..

GOOO FINNZ!

:yell: :yell: :spank:
[/QUOTE]

I don't disagee w/you at all Dinardo. I've been saying all year that our o-line is underacheiving.

But you just said it in your post, "Norv's gameplan is the same as last year." That is the problem, everyone knows how successful we were at running the ball last year. Now they have a whole season's worth of film on our running game, so during the offseason they have the time to dissect our blocking scheme, calculate the coaches tendecies, percentage of run-pass playcalling on specific downs and it goes on and on. The game of football is always changing, and when you are ahead of the game, as we were with the running game and how St. Louis was in the passing game, everyone is bound to catch with you sooner than later.

And the sad thing about it, which pi$$es me off is that players from the other teams are being quoted every week after playing us saying that they now exactly what we're doing on offense at least 90% of the time. :fire:

Originally posted by dolfan06
i do believe norv has a bigger playbook than he's shown!:rolleyes:

I'm sure he does too :rolleyes: But we are talkin' about the problems with our offense right now at this time. Not what might happen. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

And the sad thing about it, which pi$$es me off is that players from the other teams are being quoted every week after playing us saying that they now exactly what we're doing on offense at least 90% of the time. :fire:
same thing happened when we sent byars to new england, they shut us down bad because they knew exactly what we were gonna do!:(

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

I'm sure he does too :rolleyes: But we are talkin' about the problems with our offense right now at this time. Not what might happen. :rolleyes:
thats exactly what i'm sayin, if he opened it up a little more maybe they wouldn't be so predictable. thats whats happening right now!;)

Originally posted by RikWriter
Speaking of poor coaching, did anyone read where Wanny gave Mare and the holder and snapper the CHOICE of whether or not they wanted to practice off the dirt infield last week and they declined to do so?
Gave them the CHOICE???
He's the damned HEAD COACH...TELL them to practice off the infield! God, he's without a doubt the worst head coach in the league. If we didn't have loads of talent on D, he wouldn't have kept his job one season.

Also, not to even mention that wannstedt had the choice of which goal to defend during regulation. If he had chosen the grass end instead of the wind and dirt, maybe the OL wouldn't have gotten knocked back so Seymour could block the kick. But then again, that is BS too cuz we're about the only team in the NFL that has to contend with the dirt. SOoo, as you said, if wanny MADE ours guys practice on dirt then it should be a huge advantage for uS, right?

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

There is no confusion. You believe (if I may paraphrase) that our running game woes are due to defenses stacking the LOS and our QBs inability to make defenses pay for that.

I believe our running game woes are due to the O Line not blocking well. As I said in an earlier post "we'll have to agree to disagree".

Don't pass it off as my not understanding your point. I understand it perfectly, I just don't agree. Why does my choosing a different explanation imply to you that I don't understand?

I even identified the two players that seemed to be having the most trouble (IMO).

The coach seems to agree with me since he singled out the exact two linemen that I did. There may be changes at LG and center, EXACTLY as I suggested:

Dixon -> Nails
McKinney -> Ruddy

Oh, I agree that our OL isdefinetly not tip top, that's for sure. But do you remember how houston beat us all day long? Knowing that we have a good rush ourselves, carr used that quick 3 step drop all day long. That's one way to beat that in your face rush. Another is to use the roll out more often, but roll both ways not just to the right. The gun also can work well, but I've never been a huge fav of that in that it pretty much tells them what we're going to do.

thats exactly what i'm sayin, if he opened it up a little more maybe they wouldn't be so predictable. thats whats happening right now!;)

ooohhhh! I got you.;) LOL!

Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

I agree wholeheartedly. This is exactly my point. The coaches keep crying about the "deep" passing game. But, that's not all there is to it. We just need to mix up the passes and runs. You are exactly right - Fiedler is VERY good at passes under 20 yards. He can have pinpoint accuracy at times. Hit some 5-12 yard passes that are high percentage. Then run Ricky on 2nd and 4 or 5 or even 6. Or, throw passes on consecutive 1st downs (if you hit one) then, run a draw!

It's not rocket science. It's simple imagination.

great overview of the whole thing...

exactly... what can i say? you hit every point exactly. the playcalling sucks.

the biggest arguement i hear about the passing game is "jay sucks so teams stack the line and shut down ricky." why is it so hard to believe Norv sucks and teams stack the line when they have a VERY good guess on whats comming. give the rest of the team a shot of winning the game and you'll be fine.

also it should be noted that it might not be the olines fault (100% anyway) and the WR fualt, and the QB fault, if the defense makes a play on any given down. how can an oline block for a draw play when miami uses it 10+ times a game. it's unreal to believe this bad offensive proformance has to do more with execuction, then tendencies.

Re: Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

Originally posted by i2panzer

great overview of the whole thing...

exactly... what can i say? you hit every point exactly. the playcalling sucks.

the biggest arguement i hear about the passing game is "jay sucks so teams stack the line and shut down ricky." why is it so hard to believe Norv sucks and teams stack the line when they have a VERY good guess on whats comming. give the rest of the team a shot of winning the game and you'll be fine.

also it should be noted that it might not be the olines fault (100% anyway) and the WR fualt, and the QB fault, if the defense makes a play on any given down. how can an oline block for a draw play when miami uses it 10+ times a game. it's unreal to believe this bad offensive proformance has to do more with execuction, then tendencies.
i thought norv would turn konrad into a super star. he used to use the fullback all of the time!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

i thought norv would turn konrad into a super star. he used to use the fullback all of the time!

i think konrad should make the pro bowl. he's become a solid blocker, and has good catching/running skills.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

i think konrad should make the pro bowl. he's become a solid blocker, and has good catching/running skills.
i've been waiting for norv to use konrad 15 to 20 times a game, but it ain't happening!:(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

i've been waiting for norv to use konrad 15 to 20 times a game, but it ain't happening!:(

thats quite a lot for a FB. but if Ayanbedajo has been used a lot, RK will be used more.

RK really is the most complete FB in the NFL.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I too was disgusted with the playcalling

thats quite a lot for a FB. but if Ayanbedajo has been used a lot, RK will be used more.

RK really is the most complete FB in the NFL.
yes i know, but i think RK will only get better!;)

Back
Top Bottom