Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Decastro was trying to end the situation by containing Garrett, and he went all barroom brawl and beat Garrett who was defenseless. They fine and suspend guys for hitting a defenseless receiver who was going over the middle during actual game play. This was a guy being held by a 300lb linemen trying to deescalate everything, had his arms pinned and Pouncey thought that was the time to be punching and kicking him, whats that say about you if you think that's an okay action? That's not football that's not life and belongs no where

Pouncey should absolutely be suspended. But if I was on offense, and someone hit my QB on his bare head with a helmet like that? I'd probably be suspended, too.

Wasnt there another case in the NHL where that guy cheapshotted a player from behind and drove his head to the ice? Dude was like seriously hurt by it i think. I think that had charges as well and I think can bring some precedence to Pouncey who, say whatever you want about its an aggressive sport, beat a defenseless person who was being held down.

There have been multiple incidents (now that I've looked it up) - but it appears that every single time, either a stick was used or severe injuries were caused.

I can't believe I'm playing defense attorney for one of the Pounceys.

Pouncey should absolutely be suspended. But if I was on offense, and someone hit my QB on his bare head with a helmet like that? I'd probably be suspended, too.

Oh yeah I mean in the moment I'm sure it all seemed like the right thing. Totally different sport but I was a catcher and a guy came in spikes up and as soon as the Ump said out in full gear i jumped on the kid and we went at it. I am not proud of what happened but I get high emotion and blind rage in sports for sure.

There have been multiple incidents (now that I've looked it up) - but it appears that every single time, either a stick was used or severe injuries were caused.

I can't believe I'm playing defense attorney for one of the Pounceys.

The Pouncey's are ride-or-die... there's no denying that.

This is the one I thought of when I watched Pouncey start wailing on Garrett.

So what about baseball players throwing balls directly at players? Would you classify that in the same category? :munch:
Unfortunately, you can speculate what's happening but there is no way to prove it in baseball, very subjective. Swinging a helmet is pretty obvious.

The whole charging people for sports I find ridiculous. The whole sport is assault, what makes a difference cause the whistle blew. From a police officers perspective either they all get arrested or no one does. There’s no saying well Garrett did the worst thing so he gets arrested and that’s where the line is drawn. If the nfl wants to go down the slippery road of arresting people then Garrett, pouncey and Rudolph need to be arrested.

Maybe he realized he was in the wrong by pulling his helmet off so he tried to put it back on his head by violently swinging it at his head?
Seems plausible, he could have seen that taco Gase was seeing too.:shrug:

tenor.gif

Maybe he realized he was in the wrong by pulling his helmet off so he tried to put it back on his head by violently swinging it at his head?

"Sorry, I took your helmet...here"

"Why the **** did you duck!"

"Damn, Pouncey, I was trying to give his helmet back, no need to kick me in the head"

Decastro was trying to end the situation by containing Garrett, and he went all barroom brawl and beat Garrett who was defenseless. They fine and suspend guys for hitting a defenseless receiver who was going over the middle during actual game play. This was a guy being held by a 300lb linemen trying to deescalate everything, had his arms pinned and Pouncey thought that was the time to be punching and kicking him, whats that say about you if you think that's an okay action? That's not football that's not life and belongs no where

I cannot agree with this statement more. Garrett is huge man, yes, but he was being held down by an even BIGGER dude, with another BIGGER dude kicking him in the head REPEATEDLY. He even stomped.

That has NO place in society, let alone sports. I'll also admit - I'm a hypocrite. I said take each act as its own but I cant stop but remember all the previous history the Pouncey twins have, especially with violent crimes. Get that **** out of here.

Slippery slope. Not sure how you charge Garrett without charging Pouncey. Former ASA here, FYI.

Edit not saying they'd face the same exact charges, but both would face pretty serious penalty. Pouncey was kicking him in the head as he was being held down (aka defenseless).

Not saying either is correct, but incidents like this really seems to drive emotion and people start saying legally incorrect things
I'm a former cop, so FYI. The difference is, as despicable as Pouncey's act was, he did not strike an unprotected head with a weapon. That's not a slippery slope, that a fact. Had it occurred on the sideline, would that be a slippery slope too?

Back
Top Bottom