Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise

I'm no Ross fan, but that's due to his hiring/firing process.

What I will tip my hat to him is in the area of being hands off. He's not all up in the mix when he's not a football man.

BS. Ross did not want Minkah. Ross wanted Suh. Ross always wanted a splash. He wanted the county to pay for stadium improvements and thought good results on the field would help. Ross always said we need to make the playoffs. The owner should not be in the draft room.

Reportedly Ross wanted to trade down and not draft Minkah, but was overruled. If anything that tells you that he defers to his football people when it comes to personnel decisions.

You can argue that doesn’t know how to find the right people to make those decisions. But the idea he is running the show or even playing a hands on approach beyond that is wrong, no matter what Mando feels like telling you on a particular day.

Ross didn't ruin the franchise. It was flawed before he took over. Wayne Huizinga and Stephen Ross were/are both naive and very gullable. They allowed the wrong people to get in their ear. They both gave the franchise the means to succeed and the men put in charge failed them. It wasn't until last year when Ross decided to do things more traditionally, setting up the franchise for the future, the proper way. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. While ultimately they both share the burden and failure of their attempts to bring success, I'm not sure it was a complete failure until we see the results of the Franchise Reset/Tank. If this fails than I'd be on board with saying Ross finally ruined the Miami Dolphins!!!

This yr dont count because superbowl is in miami.. ross win either way.

The only negative I've seen from Ross is his ability to hold onto to terrible football people as long as he does.

That's it. He doesn't make demands, doesn't throw his voice around, keeps quiet and lets the people do their job. What do you want him to do?

**** off.

*(it must be noted, because some have serious difficulty with reading, that I am referring to Ross and not you)

Reportedly Ross wanted to trade down and not draft Minkah, but was overruled. If anything that tells you that he defers to his football people when it comes to personnel decisions.

You can argue that doesn’t know how to find the right people to make those decisions. But the idea he is running the show or even playing a hands on approach beyond that is wrong, no matter what Mando feels like telling you on a particular day.

Grier had to threaten to quit to get Ross to back off of trading down. He will defer if backed into a corner.

Face it, we are a broken franchise. Ross has been heavily involved in player selection and in the draft. Ross pressured his GMs and coaches to make the playoffs instead of building through the draft for most of his failed ownership. Ross kept Grier because Grier advocated building through the draft for years. We have drafted for need and the results have been poor at best. We are slightly better than an expansion franchise. Tanking is like ripping off a scab and experiencing all of the failures of yesteryear. Yet, we know something had to change with overpaid and aging players with terrible contracts signed by Tannebaum while under intense pressure to make the playoffs. At one point, we had three current or former 1st round picks on the OL and still could not move the needle with robotic Tannehill.

Blame lies with Ross' ever changing agenda and the coaches we have hired. Philbin was a joke. Gase inherited a better roster but the contracts issued were made to win now. We all knew deep down he would ruin the franchise and he has. To draft Minkah and then trade him is horrible (unless we get great value). Jersey sales will also tank because there will be no assurance that the player will be on the team. Because we are tanking, we will have boatloads of cash next year chasing greedy free agents who do not want to come here (except to make cash). We are now forced to accept Patriot castoffs.

So now we are tanking to get a QB who will be surrounded by very young or less talented players. The NFL has made having a stellar QB essential to team success. Scoring is what drives fans today. We are following the Cleveland model. Flores acknowledged upon being hired that there will be a period of pain before things turn better. I believe we are not playing Rosen to prevent him from being injured or demoralized. I will remain a fan but cannot wait for Ross to sell the team. Ross has ruined the franchise by forcing his hand on those hired to run the team. Parcells quit because of Ross' meddling. Every coach has failed because of bloated contracts and drafting out of need.
bro, we werent winning before Ross. I think Ross is getting better trusting his IQ. Rather than rely heavily on advice. I think Ross is almost a well seasoned owner. He knows what losing looks like. Im still interested to see if he can redeem himself

We're lucky to have him as an owner. He gives this franchise everything they want and he does his best to give the fans the best experience possible in our stadium. Like every owner he obviously has the final say on the big decisions, but to blame him for the past HC's and GM's decisions that they made IMO is a lil naive and an over emotional reaction to what has happened here. He is not perfect and his public speaking is poor. Those things do not make him a bad owner.

I’m very grateful to Ross for having the foresight to completely change the dynamics of our stadium and build something that was special for this franchise, moving the concrete closer and putting a lid on it was unreal and so intuitive to the needs of the team and it’s fans.

Place is beautiful and when this team does finally get the correct pieces in place will be great for the winning percentage of the team.

Grier had to threaten to quit to get Ross to back off of trading down. He will defer if backed into a corner.

I’ve never heard that before and it doesn’t sound particularly plausible since I highly doubt that anyone thought Ross was going to negotiate a trade like that himself. But in any event, it doesn’t mean anything, as there was no trade down.

Everyone wants a scapegoat. If Ross is the one you want, I guess to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom