Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise

Ross is a cheap dude when it come the front office and coaching staff.

Do you remember when Gase wanted hire a better lab coach but Ross wouldn't sign off on the new salary?

Hes cheap period.

Ross is a cheap dude when it come the front office and coaching staff.

Do you remember when Gase wanted hire a better lab coach but Ross wouldn't sign off on the new salary?

Hes cheap period.
News to me. It's my understanding the Phins staff is generally some of the largest in the NFL. Depending on what the GM or HC wants.

All Ross needs to do is do a 100% house cleaning and he can’t do it. It’s always 50% or 70%...then he gets rid of everyone but Grier doing a 90% cleaning. His only problem is he can’t find someone to pick fresh and promising groceries. His personal shopper always gets groceries that will never turn ripe, are already rotten, or past the best by used by date.

All Ross needs to do is do a 100% house cleaning and he can’t do it. It’s always 50% or 70%...then he gets rid of everyone but Grier doing a 90% cleaning. His only problem is he can’t find someone to pick fresh and promising groceries. His personal shopper always gets groceries that will never turn ripe, are already rotten, or past the best by used by date.
Could it be possible that Ross has inside info, seeing as how he is the owner how many things Grier got correct/wrong compared to the ppl that had the final say on what players to draft and sign as FA's? It's my understanding as a staff they throw out their opinions on what players to get and the shot caller makes the final decision.

We're lucky to have him as an owner. He gives this franchise everything they want and he does his best to give the fans the best experience possible in our stadium. Like every owner he obviously has the final say on the big decisions, but to blame him for the past HC's and GM's decisions that they made IMO is a lil naive and an over emotional reaction to what has happened here. He is not perfect and his public speaking is poor. Those things do not make him a bad owner.

You don't really believe that, do you? Ross is 100% to blame for being a slave to his philosophy of half-measures (either firing the coach and keeping the GM or keeping the GM and firing the coach). It's never worked yet Ross never learns from his mistakes.

The ones doing the most crying wanted a tank. Confused people on here.

This is coming from someone who used to defend Tony Sparano, Jeff Ireland, and Joe Philbin. You used to make fun of the people who criticized them too. Do you get bitcoins for supporting the coach or GM, no matter how shitty of a job they do?

By the way, I hope you and your family are okay down there after Dorian. I know I criticized you in my first paragraph, but I mean this in all sincerity.

Ross has been an open check book. You can’t fault the guy for trying. But I agree he’s made some bad choices. Especially with
The last GM TBaum, and retaining Grier.

This is coming from someone who used to defend Tony Sparano, Jeff Ireland, and Joe Philbin. You used to make fun of the people who criticized them too. Do you get bitcoins for supporting the coach or GM, no matter how ****ty of a job they do?

By the way, I hope you and your family are okay down there after Dorian. I know I criticized you in my first paragraph, but I mean this in all sincerity.
I defend anyone working for the fins because I want success for the team. Why is that so hard to understand?

Cant ruin something that has been irrelevant since the 90s
But at least we made playoffs in 90s. 7 out of 10 years in 90s. That’s actually very good.
Plus one year Marino was injured the other year was a complete rebuild 1996 with jimmy.

So an owner, who provides an excellent game day experience, Has no issue spending money to bring in the best for the players. Takes time to teach players smart financial management, spends his dime to make the stadium better. is in the process of building one of the best training facilities in the NFL for the team is a bad owner?

Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. The only issue he has is he can be too loyal to people. That is it.

Ross has never been deeply involved in personnel decisions. At most he signs off on big free agent acquisitions like Suh, or perhaps whether to keep/sign/draft players with character issues.

As an owner, he’s fine and isn’t really the problem unless you think the team should have tanked a long time ago. He doesn’t make crazy decisions that are under his purview — like hiring an obviously unqualified coach — doesn’t meddle like Dan Snyder, and isn’t cheap.

Success in pro sports is 85% luck. Tanking is a strategy that takes that into account, so we’ll see where it goes.
I have to disagree with your comment that “Ross is fine and really isn’t the problem”. As the owner since 2009, He hasn’t hired a single coach, GM, or football operations director who has been able to get this team beyond mediocre.

Now he has given the responsibility for building this team to a GM who has been a part of the problem for nearly two decades. He constantly hires head coaches who have had no previous head coaches experience and these coaches hire coordinators who have never held these positions before.

Obviously Ross can do as he pleases because he is the individual who put up over a billion dollars to purchase the team. Yet Ross in his time as owner of the Dolphins has clearly proved that no matter how much money he might have, he has no idea what he is doing with it comes to hiring individuals who know how to build a successful football team.

I understand the need to to rebuild this team after years of mediocrity. Unfortunately I just have zero confidence in Ross and his selection of Grier to be the GM responsible for this rebuild. I think that with Grier selecting the players, the Dolphins will be no more than mediocre at best in the coming years.

I agree with everything you said except for the "Almost as good as an expansion team" Part...Thats highly debatable.

As far as defending Ross I would say that anyone would be embarrassed to own a team in this condition...so should he.

The only negative I've seen from Ross is his ability to hold onto to terrible football people as long as he does.

That's it. He doesn't make demands, doesn't throw his voice around, keeps quiet and lets the people do their job. What do you want him to do?
He picks the terrible people to begin with. That is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom