Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise

A repeat: Ross says Ireland's "football intelligence, knowlege and hard work," are reason he's still here. "Smart, intelligent," Ross says of Ireland.

Re: Steven Ross: State of the Franchise

yep, FA is the answer... ask the Eagles 2011 and 2012 team, and pretty much every Redskins team in the Dan Snyder era pre 2012 season.

Talking about past experiences and this press conference bud. Both draft and free agency are the answer. By him saying free agency is not the answer it basically tells us to forget about any big names coming here. I'm talking about 1, not all three bowe, jennings, and wallace coming here. I'm a realist when it comes down to it and what he just said right there sucks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

We were talking about him doing a good job setting this team up. Nice try, though.

Pretty sure i was responding to a comment regarding stadium upgrades.

Re: Steven Ross: State of the Franchise

The Marlins "getting" it . . . is the reason he probably "won't get it".

Have you seen what they have done to the Marlins?
I agree with you however, i don't think the city will ignore the fact that south florida is a good site to playthe superbowl plus he has a track record(short but substancial) of being willing to spend money in free agency and also buying up all the tickets so the games won't be blacked out. I think overall it's a little bit of a different situation.

I agree with you however, i don't think the city will ignore the fact that south florida is a good site to playthe superbowl plus he has a track record(short but substancial) of being willing to spend money in free agency and also buying up all the tickets so the games won't be blacked out. I think overall it's a little bit of a different situation.

I would normally agree with this line of thinking . . . but man that Marlins deal has really left a sour taste in people's mouths. I think it is going to be a while before we see public funding for any of the sports teams in South Florida.

Talking about past experiences and this press conference bud. Both draft and free agency are the answer. By him saying free agency is not the answer it basically tells us to forget about any big names coming here. I'm talking about 1, not all three bowe, jennings, and wallace coming here. I'm a realist when it comes down to it and what he just said right there sucks.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Pretty sure i was responding to a comment regarding stadium upgrades.

Sorry, I read that wrong. Both of our statements were misconstrued.

I like the comment about the Pats can't be good forever. Awesome. Methodical approach. That will work.

A repeat: Ross says Ireland's "football intelligence, knowlege and hard work," are reason he's still here. "Smart, intelligent," Ross says of Ireland.

Ross is just trolling us now, right? RIGHT??!!

He didn't say "because he's done a good job," so perhaps there is hope.

The I suppose we both heard him the same way but define it differently...

you heard it as "we aren't bringing in any FA"... while I heard it as "we will address some areas through FA, just don't expect us to right this ship soley on FA"... but we both agree we won't be signing everybody just for the sake of signing everybody because we have the space

Ross pretty much said what we all wanted to hear.

1. Philbin and Tannehill are the coach and quarterback for the long term
2. He is sticking with Ireland to finish the plan.
3. Ireland and the team needs to win in 2013 or else
4. Draft is how you build the team, not through free agency. Though if a player is there in free agency that can really help, they will go after him
5. Money is no issue when it comes to chasing free agents

All good points and truths. Now is when fans and media spin what he said to make negative threads and articles. Predictable puppies.

Ross' Presser Notes

Talks his role, Ireland, QB, Philbin, Logo, Plan for the Future etc. What do you all think?

sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-owner-steve-ross-it-isnt-money-that-solves-problems-its-brains-20130107,0,7280027.story
[h=1]South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com[/h][h=2]Steve Ross: 'It isn't money that solves problems, it's brains'[/h]By Omar Kelly
South Florida Sun Sentinel
1:34 PM EST, January 7, 2013

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross addresses the media on Monday to offer his thoughts on the 2012 season:
-- "This is the first year I've really been there in what I can say is my responsibility. I'm prepared to be responsible moving forward," Ross said.
-- "It's for us, and Jeff to deliver the personnel that will make us a winning franchise," Ross said.
-- "We have to be explosive and we have to create more takeaways," Steve Ross said about the Dolphins.
-- "The two biggest ingredients in a winning team is your coach. We have a head coach. Then your quarterback," Ross said. "I think we have our QB."
-- Steve Ross has a Michigan ringtone on his phone. When asked why the Wolverines aren't playing tonight, "we're rebuilding."
-- "They are great. That''s not going to last forever. They are our biggest competitor," Steve Ross said of the Patriots.
-- "I enter every year with the idea I want to be in the playoffs. If you don't have that mindset you shouldn't be in the sport," Ross said.
-- "This year we were going with a rookie quarterback. You have to be optimistic. I thought Ryan performed well," Steve Ross said.
-- "How many Super Bowls you win. That's how you're going to be judged. I'm prepared for that," Steve Ross said.
-- "We will have a new logo. You'll have it by the draft. We're looking at it. Finalizing it. Time for an update," Steve Ross said.
-- "He's young, has desire. He's smart and committed. He has a plan. We do have a young team," Ross of Jeff Ireland.
-- "His football intelligence, his knowledge and hard work. He has respect of his peers. He was one of youngest GMs around," Ross on Ireland.
-- Steve Ross said outside of the Houston game they were winning every game. He clearly forgot Tennessee.
-- "We were in every game. We lost some games we should have been winning," Ross said. "We surprised everyone coming out the box."
-- "I feel we're on the right track. We're moving in the right direction. I feel so more about it today," Steve Ross said.
-- "I'm in a real estate business I started. it's not like day trading. You have to have patience," Steve Ross said.
-- "If Parcells left it was my fault, if Miami lost it was my fault. I felt I needed to learn a bit," Steve Ross said.
-- "This is really the first time I got involved. I didn't select the people here before. I was handed a situation," Ross said.
-- What's the plan for 2013 he's asked? "Win," Steve Ross said.
-- "Its important to have a plan, follow that plan and remain consistent. When you no longer have confidence in the plan you change it," Ross
-- "Once we're winning it will be evident and I hope people will want to be here," Ross said on attendance.
-- I can understand when you are not winning some people won't show up. When we put a winning team on the field people will show up," Ross.
-- "Its about the people and you're only as good as the people you have," Steve Ross. We;re doing the best we can to be a first-class organization."
-- "I shouldn't be involved in making decisions, who we pick, who plays. I shouldn't be involved in any of that," Steve Ross said.
-- "When you hear what his plans are you really believe in them," Steve Ross said of Joe Philbin.
-- "One of the characteristics Joe had is that he had an organized presentation. He did everything he's said he's going to do," Ross said.
-- Steve Ross said he's hired "consistent level people," but he's never certain he has the right people. "We're measured in wins and losses."
-- Steve Ross said he's putting together a plan for public help with stadium upgrades.
-- "Often times there is a reason why a guy is out there," Steve Ross said about the free agents.
-- "Free agency certainly isn't the answer. We've all seen that," Ross said. "You know your players better than anyone else....
-- "As the coaches state you want to build through the draft, but you want to look at free agency and find someone who fits in," Ross.
-- "We're well positioned in the draft. I think we're the second youngest team in the NFL. Question is what's available in FA & the right mix."
-- "When you are changing all the time that's when you don't win," Steve Ross said.
-- Steve Ross said stability is important every season. "Its the nucleus of the franchise....Have a plan and stick to plan and you'll win."
-- "It isn't money that solves problems. It's brains," Steve Ross said.
-- "I'm willing to spend whatever it takes to build it. Sometimes people look at spending as a way of winning," Ross said.
-- Steve Ross said "when I bought the team I told everyone with whatever resources I have I want to build a winning team."
-- "You start the season like every season. You want to be in playoffs. That wasn't fulfilled. You look back and season and say what was good and bad."
-- "I was really impressed with coach Philbin. I think we can safely say we have a solid head coach here," Ross said.

Copyright © 2013, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I like the comment about the Pats can't be good forever. Awesome. Methodical approach. That will work.

omg.... he actually said that???? we are doomed....

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by YamiloIf the marlins can get it, im sure he can get it as well, specially since he has been willing to spend money on this team.

um if he was willing to spend money, than why doesnt he pay for the upgrades himself than? why is he trying to milk money from the poor middle class to pay for his stadium upgrades, if he is willing to spend money, than why havent we landed a top free agent in 3 years.
My take is, he is not willing to spend money, which is why we have the worst WR corps in the nfl.

Back
Top Bottom