Steve Spurrier interested in Bills job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Spurrier interested in Bills job

The NFL will never go to Canada. Players don't want to be on Canadian teams due to taxes and other things too.

If it was that bad

don't you think a guy like Vince Carter or Carlos Delgado would leave Toronto. Those are 2 athletes that could have chosen to go wherever they wanted to,yet they chose to stay here. I think you need to get over the Canada thing Ice if you give people the opportunity to win than they'll go there. When the Jays had Pat Gillick as GM and they were the best team and organization in baseball they were able to lure Americans to the Blue Jays every year. Heck if Roberto Alomar had his choice he would come back to Toronto. He loves it up here.

Plus, the NFL will go where the money is and after LA there is more money in Toronto than any other market that doesn't have a team. It might not be immediately but the NFL will eventually be in Toronto.

General question for Dolfan25:

If the NFL agreed to have a team in Canada, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest with the CFL? :confused: I understand that it works for the NBA, MLB and the NHL, but I don't know if you guys have Canadian versions of those leagues also. Thanx :)

BTW, I have been to 5 provinces of Canada and Toronto was the coolest city I have seen. :D

Yeah, but VC and Delgado both got a ton of money to stay in Toronto. Antonio Davis only stayed in Toronto for money and the team gave his kids tutors that teach them American history. If I was a sports player, I wouldn't play for a Canadian team, and lots of other players refuse to as well.

Actually the NFL

has a partnership with the CFL and the Toronto franchise is the weakest franchise in the CFL. They tried last year to get interest in the Toronto Argos by having wet t-shirt contests during the tailgate, the CFL commish ixnayed those plans, but they were going to bring in girls from Toronto area Strip Clubs. Not sure if you are aware but the 1 thing that Toronto has the best of in the world is Strip Clubs which visiting NBA teams frequent quite often when they're in Toronto and drop large portions of cash. Ahh but I digress.Plus the CFL tried unsuccessfully a few years back to expand in smaller US cities and Baltimore before they got the Ravens.When the CFL did expand into the US Tagliabue said it would be fair game for the NFL to expand to Toronto.

Ice, Antonio still stayed to say he put his foot in his mouth is a mild understatement, I mean if your upset that we play our National Anthem in our schools you have some problems. The Jays and Raptors didn't give Carlos or Vince anymore money than they would have gotten anyways. In the NBA you have a maximum you can make based on your years of service, Vince got the max, he would have got the max anywhere, he didn't get 1 cent more than he would have gotten in an American city.

As for players not wanting to play in Canada, while that is true, it's not their decision on where they play. Sure you get the odd a$$hole like Steve Francis, but if you get offered a million $ job whether it be in Toronto, New York or Alaska you can bet most people will not turn it down. If I got a million $ offer for a job in Beirut I would still go.It's not the players that will decide if Toronto gets a team, if the NFL sees that there is an opportunity to make money there, you can bet that they will go. Just like everything else in the world it comes down to $$$$$$.

As they say"When an athlete tells you it's not about the money. It's about the money."

Re: Actually the NFL

Originally posted by dolfan25
has a partnership with the CFL and the Toronto franchise is the weakest franchise in the CFL. They tried last year to get interest in the Toronto Argos by having wet t-shirt contests during the tailgate, the CFL commish ixnayed those plans, but they were going to bring in girls from Toronto area Strip Clubs. Not sure if you are aware but the 1 thing that Toronto has the best of in the world is Strip Clubs which visiting NBA teams frequent quite often when they're in Toronto and drop large portions of cash. Ahh but I digress.Plus the CFL tried unsuccessfully a few years back to expand in smaller US cities and Baltimore before they got the Ravens.When the CFL did expand into the US Tagliabue said it would be fair game for the NFL to expand to Toronto.

Ice, Antonio still stayed to say he put his foot in his mouth is a mild understatement, I mean if your upset that we play our National Anthem in our schools you have some problems. The Jays and Raptors didn't give Carlos or Vince anymore money than they would have gotten anyways. In the NBA you have a maximum you can make based on your years of service, Vince got the max, he would have got the max anywhere, he didn't get 1 cent more than he would have gotten in an American city.

As for players not wanting to play in Canada, while that is true, it's not their decision on where they play. Sure you get the odd a$$hole like Steve Francis, but if you get offered a million $ job whether it be in Toronto, New York or Alaska you can bet most people will not turn it down. If I got a million $ offer for a job in Beirut I would still go.It's not the players that will decide if Toronto gets a team, if the NFL sees that there is an opportunity to make money there, you can bet that they will go. Just like everything else in the world it comes down to $$$$$$.

As they say"When an athlete tells you it's not about the money. It's about the money."

I never said that I had a problem with your national anthem in schools. I just said that Davis' kids get tutors for American history as part of his contract. And Vince stayed because Davis stayed. Steve Francis is not an asshole, he just wanted to stay in his own country.

Back
Top Bottom