Still Confused | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still Confused

AJ Duhe

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just when I think I have the front office hierarchy and duties straight, something like this comes out. http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-the-miami-dolphins-process-for-making-picks/

Here’s an example of how the organization continues to muddy the issue. “
“Grier technically gets the ultimate say on who the team picks, but all three men maintain there is rarely, if ever, disagreement about who to take.” “Gase gives input but defers to Grier’s expertise.”
“The draft starts next Thursday with the first round, where the Dolphins currently have the 11th pick.” “Tannenbaum is open to trading up or down if a prudent trade opportunity emerges.”

So Grier has final say on the draft, but Tannenbaum has authority over the draft capital? How the hell does that work!!?? I wonder what Grier was feeling when Tannenbaum threw away a 6th and then another 3rd and 4th to trade back up for Caroo. Who’s accountable for that one? Or what about dumping a 5th for Anthony last year, whose call was that?

They all come to some consensus opinion on players and "draft capital". I don't think we will see Gase blow up like Parcells at whoever was buying his groceries.

The weirdest thing I heard is that Grier sends tapes of prospects to Gase. Lol!
It’s a mess in that bldg.

Why is that a mess. It's a known fact that Gase is a draft and prospect junkie. He loves watching tape and the GM makes sure he is taken care of. This really isn't all that big of a deal, some of you guys just get off on crying about things.

I think you're reading too much into the statements. Just because Tannebaum said he would be open to trading up or down in the draft doesn't mean he has the final say in determining if that happens. Nothing has been said that suggest if Gase and Grier want to make a trade or select a player that Tannebaum could or would override them and just make a move on his own.

The head coach being heavily invested in the draft is brilliant. I want a head coach who wants a say and looks at the players and has a feel for who he likes. Early in his career Gase worked as a scout so he has knowledge of evaluating players.

It has also been reported that Gase has more of a say then last year. Seems like Ross is learning and backing the correct man.

I think it's simple. Go with the Finheaven view of all transactions. If it works out Gase or Grier get the credit and if it doesn't blame Tannebaum.

I know you're being sarcastic, but as long as you exclude any ex-broncos players from your calculations, I bet you'll be pretty accurate.

I think Tannenbaum has insulated himself from blame to the point where people will argue which job is which. He's a huckster, not a GM. Quite the shocking revelation.

The Broncos and Colts are open for business. The Dolphins better be doing their due diligence and making calls to see what's available.

The Broncos and Colts are open for business. The Dolphins better be doing their due diligence and making calls to see what's available.

What makes you say the Broncos are open for business? Even if they were it might take two 1st round picks in this years draft, I can't see them trading 5 for 11 and a 2019 1st.

Just when I think I have the front office hierarchy and duties straight, something like this comes out. http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-the-miami-dolphins-process-for-making-picks/

Here’s an example of how the organization continues to muddy the issue. “
“Grier technically gets the ultimate say on who the team picks, but all three men maintain there is rarely, if ever, disagreement about who to take.” “Gase gives input but defers to Grier’s expertise.”
“The draft starts next Thursday with the first round, where the Dolphins currently have the 11th pick.” “Tannenbaum is open to trading up or down if a prudent trade opportunity emerges.”

So Grier has final say on the draft, but Tannenbaum has authority over the draft capital? How the hell does that work!!?? I wonder what Grier was feeling when Tannenbaum threw away a 6th and then another 3rd and 4th to trade back up for Caroo. Who’s accountable for that one? Or what about dumping a 5th for Anthony last year, whose call was that?

Saw that chit too - it was total BS and a sure sign of too many dicks in the room

It's not a mess, someone has to have final say or you will eventually end up with a mess. The last couple of drafts have been good, and I give Gase much of the credit for that, I believe he has more influence on draft day than most of us might realize.

What's weired about the gm wanting the head coach to look at tape of prospects? You don't think the coach should see the tapes and give feedback?

Back
Top Bottom