Still Confused | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still Confused

It's a mess that an organization works together to decide who to draft and whether to make trades?

That's how all organizations work. Ultimately someone has to have authority to make decisions, but that someone is a fool if he doesn't know when to put his ego aside and listen to the other educated opinions on the matter.

It's a fine system.

I don't think there's anything to see here. Every team has people talking about players leading up to the draft. There isn't a team where one single person does all the work for the draft. Way too much stuff to do. At the end of the day what really matters is who we draft and where. I'll wait till then before I get upset at what they "might" do

Just when I think I have the front office hierarchy and duties straight, something like this comes out. http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-the-miami-dolphins-process-for-making-picks/

Here’s an example of how the organization continues to muddy the issue. “
“Grier technically gets the ultimate say on who the team picks, but all three men maintain there is rarely, if ever, disagreement about who to take.” “Gase gives input but defers to Grier’s expertise.”
“The draft starts next Thursday with the first round, where the Dolphins currently have the 11th pick.” “Tannenbaum is open to trading up or down if a prudent trade opportunity emerges.”

So Grier has final say on the draft, but Tannenbaum has authority over the draft capital? How the hell does that work!!?? I wonder what Grier was feeling when Tannenbaum threw away a 6th and then another 3rd and 4th to trade back up for Caroo. Who’s accountable for that one? Or what about dumping a 5th for Anthony last year, whose call was that?
If you think Grier is making the ultimate decision, I've got swamp property I would like to sell you. Did you think any organization with T-Dumb at the head would not be dysfunctional? If there is a way to screw things up, he will find a way.:wall

I think Grier does the scouting and ranks the players/sets the board, Tbum deals with trade value and FA, and Gase directs Grier to look for the types of players he likes for his system. I don't think its that bad of a system if you replaced with tbum with someone competent.

That press is put out there for PR. What really goes on is anybody's guess. I have no problem with Gase looking at tape of a guy were interested in drafting. I'd be surprised is he didn't. This is Gase's team going forward and he really has more power than either Grier or Tannenbaum imo. You really think we would draft a QB and not have our QB whisperer Head Coach check out some tape?

Its a mess if it doesn't work out if it works well its brilliant. Results have not been brilliant yet. This is the pivotal 3rd year which means we can see patterns of success or failure with this group. Hopeful they can look in the mirror and see it also.

I like that T-baum is a risk taker. It's just a matter of getting it right. Didn't work out with Carroo or Sanchez so that is a concern. In the case of Sanchez, player development had something to do with that.

They all come to some consensus opinion on players and "draft capital". I don't think we will see Gase blow up like Parcells at whoever was buying his groceries.
I doubt that's the way it is, for the most part yes. I would bet Tannenbaum calls the shot on draft trades though, while Gase and Grier may propose to get this player x asap, Mike does the dealing.

I like that T-baum is a risk taker. It's just a matter of getting it right. Didn't work out with Carroo or Sanchez so that is a concern. In the case of Sanchez, player development had something to do with that.

The problem with Sanchez is the jets suck and Butt fumble

The system works for them. They seem to be on the same page. Tannebaum seems to get the FA'S they target, made some trades,& got some value for players we lost. Grier has been acquiring decent picks & Gase has gotten production out of most of them. We haven't had these things happen around here in a while so why knock it?

The system works for them. They seem to be on the same page. Tannebaum seems to get the FA'S they target, made some trades,& got some value for players we lost. Grier has been acquiring decent picks & Gase has gotten production out of most of them. We haven't had these things happen around here in a while so why knock it?

Dude, like wow!

I admire the consistency of your posts!

...do you defend the org Gase Grier TBum Ross el al unconditionally or just for compensation?

Back
Top Bottom