Still think we're not interested in Moss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still think we're not interested in Moss?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Go read the transcript of AJ Feeley's press conference at the Miami Dolphins site....... http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3154

When asked about the Randy Moss rumor Rick Speilman, our GM, had this to say:

“I’m not going to comment on the Randy Moss situation. We are not going to deal in hypotheticals unless there is an announcement, I’m not going to have any comment on Randy Moss.â€Â

.................... hmmmmmmmm. You'd think the man would just say, "No we have no intentions of ever picking up Randy Moss." Wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense if "no talks" had been taking place???? Why wouldn't he just lay the whole thing to rest??? C'mon, how much of his statement wreaks of coverup?

I told you guys, Rick Speilman is really working hard this offseason.

I don't understand how Moss's contract would fit in Miami's cap, but I'm also no expert as well.

We'll see what happens.

I expect good news when I get home from work tomorrow.

I suspect that if efforts addressing the OL fail to yield results, making a move like that would help to deflect criticism. However, that would be a bold, interesting move nonetheless

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I suspect that if efforts addressing the OL fail to yield results, making a move like that would help to deflect criticism. However, that would be a bold, interesting move nonetheless

I think the whole thing is a good PR move regardless, for prospective FA signings.......

“I’m not going to comment on the Randy Moss situation. We are not going to deal in hypotheticals unless there is an announcement, I’m not going to have any comment on Randy Moss.â€Â

That is interesting to say the least.......

Kinda excites me in the pants :D

2004 5750000.00
2005 7250000.00
2006 8250000.00
2007 9750000.00
2008 11250000.00

i would render a guess that a restructuring of the deal would be a part of any deal. However, those are some HUGE numbers :eek:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

That is interesting to say the least.......

Kinda excites me in the pants :D

Doesn't it?? See you guys..........

2004 5750000.00
2005 7250000.00
2006 8250000.00
2007 9750000.00
2008 11250000.00

i would render a guess that a restructuring of the deal would be a part of any deal. However, those are some HUGE numbers :eek:

Yeah but Madison is what, 6.5 Million or somethin' and Ogun is a definate 1.84 for next year.....

Clumpy is the cap man around here, but trading Madison does not erase his whole salary. If I understand correctly we'll suffer a direct hit trading him.

Clumpy is the cap man around here, but trading Madison does not erase his whole salary. If I understand correctly we'll suffer a direct hit trading him.

Why would that be?

Hell I don't know, Clumpy, why would that be?

If you would grace us with your superb knowledge in the NFL cap situation.;)

Hell I don't know, Clumpy, why would that be?

If you would grace us with your superb knowledge in the NFL cap situation.;)

As far as my knowledge goes, which isn't very high in the contract department, the only way they'd have to pay money is if the contract had guarenteed money in it.........whihc usually happens after players get extensions in order to free up cash for other personnel expenditures.

If Vikings traded Moss, they would assume the bonus acceleration, I do not know how much that would be right now.

Madison, if released before June 1st or traded at any time, saves about $2.2 million. This is the result of accelerating all remaining signing bonus into 2004 and would completely wipe out future cap hits.

Ogunleye is only a 2004 savings of $1.824 million. I also suspect that the Vikings would want Chambers instead of Madison. Miami would need to cut Madison most likely.

If Vikings traded Moss, they would assume the bonus acceleration, I do not know how much that would be right now.

Madison, if released before June 1st or traded at any time, saves about $2.2 million. This is the result of accelerating all remaining signing bonus into 2004 and would completely wipe out future cap hits.

Ogunleye is only a 2004 savings of $1.824 million. I also suspect that the Vikings would want Chambers instead of Madison. Miami would need to cut Madison most likely.

So obviously, on our side, we wouldn't take much of a hit if any......... no matter what combination of players we'd theoretically give up.

Back
Top Bottom