Still think we're not interested in Moss? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still think we're not interested in Moss?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
If Vikings traded Moss, they would assume the bonus acceleration, I do not know how much that would be right now.

Madison, if released before June 1st or traded at any time, saves about $2.2 million. This is the result of accelerating all remaining signing bonus into 2004 and would completely wipe out future cap hits.

Ogunleye is only a 2004 savings of $1.824 million. I also suspect that the Vikings would want Chambers instead of Madison. Miami would need to cut Madison most likely.

So does that mean that we still take a 4.3 million hit if he is traded or released before June 1st?

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

So does that mean that we still take a 4.3 million hit if he is traded or released before June 1st?

He just said, "Saves 2.2 million"

Originally posted by enigmatics

He just said, "Saves 2.2 million"

Yeah, but does that mean, "saves 2.2" out of the original 6.5?

Resulting in a cap hit of 4.3....

Yeah, but does that mean, "saves 2.2" out of the original 6.5?

Resulting in a cap hit of 4.3....

errrrrr, I don't know........was I right about Madison's salary being at 6.5?

yeah thats exactly what it means. By "saving" 2.2, only 2.2 is deducted from the total cap numbers. Leaving the 4. whatever to hit the cap.

I assume that the cap hit is actually what's left of the signing bonus(and whatever other garaunteed $$ they have), right clump?

Originally posted by Snickersbps
yeah thats exactly what it means. By "saving" 2.2, only 2.2 is deducted from the total cap numbers. Leaving the 4. whatever to hit the cap.

I assume that the cap hit is actually what's left of the signing bonus(and whatever other garaunteed $$ they have), right clump?

Well there's a new post up about this right now at the Herald....

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8100921.htm

While trading Madison, 29, or cutting him before June 1 would save the Dolphins approximately $1.1 million against the cap, that would be offset in the short-term by the cost of replacing him. The three cornerbacks Miami has targeted are all expected to get contracts averaging $3 million to $4 million a year, with approximately a $6 million signing bonus.

Sounds to me like complete savings, until we find a player to replace him.

Well there's a new post up about this right now at the Herald....

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8100921.htm

While trading Madison, 29, or cutting him before June 1 would save the Dolphins approximately $1.1 million against the cap, that would be offset in the short-term by the cost of replacing him. The three cornerbacks Miami has targeted are all expected to get contracts averaging $3 million to $4 million a year, with approximately a $6 million signing bonus.

Sounds to me like complete savings, until we find a player to replace him.

Complete savings..? That's even worse, that's stateing about half of what Clump said. It said that that number would be offset at the price of replacing him, which is understandable.

Obviously, at his price, this would be a better long term investment.

Complete savings..? That's even worse, that's stateing about half of what Clump said. It said that that number would be offset at the price of replacing him, which is understandable.

Obviously, at his price, this would be a better long term investment.

At least it wouldn't cost anything to get rid of him.......... I'd be against it if he'd become dead money against our cap.

well you eventually have to cut ties with ovre priced players and take this hit. In this case we take the hit now, and replace him(hopefully trade him) and get on with our lives

At least it wouldn't cost anything to get rid of him.......... I'd be against it if he'd become dead money against our cap.

thats the point you're missing. If we trade or cut him prior to June 1st, he becomes 5.4 million in dead cap space....but we saved $1.1 mil right? :)

Originally posted by Snickersbps

thats the point you're missing. If we trade or cut him prior to June 1st, he becomes 5.4 million in dead cap space....but we saved $1.1 mil right? :)

That's not what the article said, I thought. It said we'd have an extra 1.1 mil.........but that would get sucked up by the new player we'd sign to replace him.

I guess cutting him now and saving the 1.1 million is better than waiting till later and suffering an even larger hit while his skills decline that much more.

I wish his stubborn a** would just take a paycut, it would be nice to get Shawn Springs in here. We're not gonna find anyone as good as Madison.

That's not what the article said, I thought. It said we'd have an extra 1.1 mil.........but that would get sucked up by the new player we'd sign to replace him.

:lol: Wishfull thinking bro.......

The article said we'd save 1.1 - that means we'd save 1.1 out of the 6.5, see what we're getting at.

The numbers are worse than Clumpy's...........

:lol: Wishfull thinking bro.......

The article said we'd save 1.1 - that means we'd save 1.1 out of the 6.5, see what we're getting at.

The numbers are worse than Clumpy's...........

Ahhhhhhhh............ so let me get this straight though because I want to understand. Theoretically his cap number would still be on our hands for this year, but at 1.1 million less.........which actually equates to 1.1 mil more in cap room right?

Back
Top Bottom