Stroll on June 1... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stroll on June 1...

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Reaction score
... anyone got a recent update on the cap space available for stud f/a signings post June 1? After the draft pool was removed I thought we might have about $2m. Is that about right?
:goof:

Originally posted by GazPhin
... anyone got a recent update on the cap space available for stud f/a signings post June 1? After the draft pool was removed I thought we might have about $2m. Is that about right?
:goof:
according to http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia
As of May 1, the Dolphins are $3.071 million under the salary cap.
so we have slightly less than 2 Mil, but I expect some 6/1 cuts as well.

Still sounds like a vet. DE is #1 priority, i.e. Burnett or of course, Chris Carter could re-surface

GazPhin thought this needed to extract itself from it original thread ;)

Re: Re: Stroll on June 1...

Originally posted by dolphan39
according to http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia so we have slightly less than 2 Mil, but I expect some 6/1 cuts as well.

Still sounds like a vet. DE is #1 priority, i.e. Burnett or of course, Chris Carter could re-surface

I may need a math lesson but isnt 3mill under the cap better than 2 mill under the cap?

Re: Re: Re: Stroll on June 1...

Originally posted by Dajesus

I may need a math lesson but isnt 3mill under the cap better than 2 mill under the cap?

To quote Marvin, my avatar, "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and that's all you want to ask me."

Capology is a field that wasn't invented when my software was created!" Does not compute. I think I'd better have a lie down.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good idea 39...

Originally posted by dolphan39
GazPhin thought this needed to extract itself from it original thread ;)

Do we need another thread to debate how we should use the approx $2m cap space?

I have devised a democratic method of deciding on it's use. I voted on it. I spilt my beer on the ballot paper so I had to do a recount, but Florida's used to that. In the end, it was still a 100% vote for me. I could use a couple of $mill. Only I would only do road games. Not sure there's an amount of money to make it acceptable for me to wear "acqua and coral" in public.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Good idea 39...

Originally posted by GazPhin

Do we need another thread to debate how we should use the approx $2m cap space?

I have devised a democratic method of deciding on it's use. I voted on it. I spilt my beer on the ballot paper so I had to do a recount, but Florida's used to that. In the end, it was still a 100% vote for me. I could use a couple of $mill. Only I would only do road games. Not sure there's an amount of money to make it acceptable for me to wear "acqua and coral" in public.:lol: :lol: :lol:

What you`re saying is that we can`t count and are color blind. :lol:

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
A little over a million was allocated to pay the rooks, I think.

Yes but isn't that already factored into Clayton's numbers considering they are updated for May 1st?

The rookie cap figures are maximums. Teams can't pay more than that cap figure for their draft choices, but they can pay less. That means, assuming Miami has $3.071 million under the cap, one can't really say they'll have $2.071 million after signing rookies. They could have a little more than that available for additional free agents. Granted, it's not going to be a big difference. I'm just talking technicalities here.

sounds like enough for a vet DE and maybe another WR

John Fina should be available for you guys. We know how you guys like to stockpile ex-bills

Not as much as the Patriots like to pack in the ex-Phins.

Originally posted by fthefish11
John Fina should be available for you guys. We know how you guys like to stockpile ex-bills
actually, we prefer to pack in ex-Bears ;)

Back
Top Bottom