Stupid to get rid of Ted Ginn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid to get rid of Ted Ginn

It's just funny how the same people who wanted to trade away our fastest player, and the player responsible for the three biggest plays last season are the same ones who cry about not making any big plays this year. Ironic.

I notice that the only time you show up is when there is a Ginnger thread.

Poeple are still crying over Ginn? No deep threat without him? He's made 5 catches!!!!!! One catch against Revis last year and some of you want him in the Ring of Honor, pathetic.

I can't imagine if he had a respectable season as a WR, people would be jumping from rooftops. Our only problem was not substitiuting him as a KR. End of story.

And for those crying about how he would stretch the field if he was here, get over it....Henning is our OC remember? Stretching the field doesn't happen often with him calling plays.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Ginn sucks

Why not be more mad that we didn't claim Moss then that we let Ginn go? At least Moss can catch the ball, something Ginn can't say.

He would have flourished next to Marshall. He would have helped Marshall. He made teams scared to kick the ball to us.

NOLAN CARROL. LOL

Now we need a receiver to stretch the field and we don't have it.

Was he soft, yes. But the man made some huge freakin plays. Did he drop passes, yes. But he ran back to back kicks back against the Jets (awesome special teams year in and year out) last year.

This team needs speed. This team is built BIG and SLOW.

I just wish they wouldn't have given up on him, the good far outweighed the bad IMO.

Cocaine is a helluva drug...

Poeple are still crying over Ginn? No deep threat without him? He's made 5 catches!!!!!! One catch against Revis last year and some of you want him in the Ring of Honor, pathetic.

I can't imagine if he had a respectable season as a WR, people would be jumping from rooftops. Our only problem was not substitiuting him as a KR. End of story.

And for those crying about how he would stretch the field if he was here, get over it....Henning is our OC remember? Stretching the field doesn't happen often with him calling plays.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Ginn sucks

Why don't people read. The folks who are making the point that we should have kept Ginn in no way shape or form are ready to put him in the ring of honor.

NEWSFLASH FOR FINHEAVEN: If a poster makes a positive comment about a player that poster doesn't necessarily think that player is a GREAT HOF player.
Same thing for negative comments as well.

I just can't believe that just because a poster thinks a 5th round draft pick was crap for the deep threat and KO returner your team is lacking. AGAIN, granted not a GREAT one and one that would need to be replaced, now we think that poster believes his name should be next to Dan Marino, Bob Griese and Larry Csonka on the ring of honor. This place is unreal. Only extremes, nothing in between.

On finheaven I guess there are 2 types of players GREAT hall of famers or suck players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he didnt catch a pass you still had to account for him. Speed kills and we have none. Our crappy scheme can make Marshal look like crap Ginn didnt have a chance.

He would have flourished next to Marshall. He would have helped Marshall. He made teams scared to kick the ball to us.

NOLAN CARROL. LOL

Now we need a receiver to stretch the field and we don't have it.

Was he soft, yes. But the man made some huge freakin plays. Did he drop passes, yes. But he ran back to back kicks back against the Jets (awesome special teams year in and year out) last year.

This team needs speed. This team is built BIG and SLOW.

I just wish they wouldn't have given up on him, the good far outweighed the bad IMO.

I totally agree with most of what you're saying but the fact of the matter is; he had become a joke in the locker room and his teammates disrespected him. You just can't have that. He had to be traded, but ya, it would have been helpful to have him doing the returning and in some 3 and 4 WR sets.

Receivers who can't catch are as useful as **** on a tomcat. Every time Marshall, Bess or Hartline snag a pass with those sure hands of theirs, I breathe a sigh of relief that I no longer have to worry about Ginn being downfield. Cutting Ginn was one of the best things this team has done recently, and we should have done it a year sooner.

To get rid of Ted Ginn is one thing . . . to not replace his speed is another. It would have been nice to see that kind of speed in this WR group right now. And to only get a 5th round pick is a joke. It defined Dan Henning . . . got cute, and its burning us bad right now. You spend one year on Pat White, don't attempt to convert him into anything and just cut him loose, same with Pat Turner. You decide to dump Ted Ginn, you better replace that speed . . . and the Fins GOOFED.

Pat White refused to convert to another position, that is why they ended up cutting him loose. I guess thats why he is totally out of football and with the KC Royals now.

Pat White refused to convert to another position, that is why they ended up cutting him loose. I guess thats why he is totally out of football and with the KC Royals now.

And do u blame Pat White or this front office for using a mid 2nd rounder on him? They knew from day one the guy wanted to be a QB, and they just used a 2nd round pick the prior 3 years on a QB. You have your potential future QB on the team already, you have your veteran . . . all you need is a developmental late round pick. The Front office blew that pick from day 1. Who cares if he refused to switch, we should have never drafted him and that sad part is, people give them props for cutting him after one year . . . all that showed me was they just don't have the patience . . . something you needed to have when you decided to draft the guy. If you weren't gonna be patient, you shoulda never drafted him.

We are all talking about RB for the next draft . . . Shady McCoy and Shonne Greene were there for the taking. Mike Wallace could have been had and we took Patrick Turner. They whiffed, this staff whiffs alot in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom