Stupid to get rid of Ted Ginn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid to get rid of Ted Ginn

Using this logic, shouldn't Crabtree be lighting it up? It's not just about being fast. The guy fails in every facet of being a receiver. And please stop touting his returning. For every good to great return he has, he has about 30 horrible ones that do nothing to help our field position.

It's never a bad idea to get rid of a ****ty player like Ginn.

While Carroll may not be lighting up the field, Ginn's departure was probably more about team chemistry than anything. Same argument could be made for others no longer on team. One thing is for sure. What have they got to lose by using Wallace in this role. He has more speed than Marshall and caught some long ones in training camp. Give him a shot.

And do u blame Pat White or this front office for using a mid 2nd rounder on him? They knew from day one the guy wanted to be a QB, and they just used a 2nd round pick the prior 3 years on a QB. You have your potential future QB on the team already, you have your veteran . . . all you need is a developmental late round pick. The Front office blew that pick from day 1. Who cares if he refused to switch, we should have never drafted him and that sad part is, people give them props for cutting him after one year . . . all that showed me was they just don't have the patience . . . something you needed to have when you decided to draft the guy. If you weren't gonna be patient, you shoulda never drafted him.

We are all talking about RB for the next draft . . . Shady McCoy and Shonne Greene were there for the taking. Mike Wallace could have been had and we took Patrick Turner. They whiffed, this staff whiffs alot in the draft.

I know it was a bad pick...when I found out about the pick, I immediatly thought they picked him to be a situational QB (wildcat). But after that failed, and it became apparent the he could not play the position at this level, they tried to convert him, a la Randel El. Why he refused, I don't know. It's not like he was the first player ever to be asked. If he hadn't refused, who knows, he may have turned out to a useful pick, just maybe too expensive as a 2nd rounder. As it stands, he is out of the league. I hope for HIS sake, that he is a better baseball player than he was an NFL QB.

Why don't people read. The folks who are making the point that we should have kept Ginn in no way shape or form are ready to put him in the ring of honor.

NEWSFLASH FOR FINHEAVEN: If a poster makes a positive comment about a player that poster doesn't necessarily think that player is a GREAT HOF player.
Same thing for negative comments as well.

I just can't believe that just because a poster thinks a 5th round draft pick was crap for the deep threat and KO returner your team is lacking. AGAIN, granted not a GREAT one and one that would need to be replaced, now we think that poster believes his name should be next to Dan Marino, Bob Griese and Larry Csonka on the ring of honor. This place is unreal. Only extremes, nothing in between.

On finheaven I guess there are 2 types of players GREAT hall of famers or suck players.

I was exaggerating of course genius....but bringing Ginn up as a factor on our team as WR and deep threat is stupid. Thats where my one catch against revis comes in...it was one catch that some uneducated people get fooled and think...."Wow, what a great WR he was, why did we get rid of him?"

He sucked for us as a WR, and he continues to suck for SF. But yet our FO is so stupid for getting rid of him? Nah...they're not stupid for this. All we could get for him was a 5th, or I'm sure we would have cut him. There are plenty of things to jump on for this FO, getting rid of a scared WR who drops the ball consistently isn't one of them.

I wasn't on the Ginn band wagon at first, that is until we played Buffalo and pretty much Ginn won that game for us by returning two K.O.'s for TDs.

I found it puzzling that we traded him away too. What player can you think of that has ever done that as a Miami Dolphin? (back-to-back K.O. returns)

d-1

Using this logic, shouldn't Crabtree be lighting it up? It's not just about being fast. The guy fails in every facet of being a receiver. And please stop touting his returning. For every good to great return he has, he has about 30 horrible ones that do nothing to help our field position.

It's never a bad idea to get rid of a ****ty player like Ginn.

Yes crabtree should be, thats why this talk of saying ginn sucks in SF is stupid. Because everyone sucks in SF, especially the receiving core.

Ted Ginn was HORRIBLE. I'm so glad he is gone. It's amazing how quickly we forget.

Yes crabtree should be, thats why this talk of saying ginn sucks in SF is stupid. Because everyone sucks in SF, especially the receiving core.
Ah, of course. Ginn is being underutilized again! Poor fella.

Ginn sucks. Good players make **** happen regardless of the situation. Ginn will blow wherever he goes. Unfortunately, he'll get the one kickoff return per year that makes the highlight reel and we'll have to see **** like this again.

Once more, Ginn sucks. Really bad. Excuses won't change that.

He would have flourished next to Marshall. He would have helped Marshall. He made teams scared to kick the ball to us.

NOLAN CARROL. LOL

Now we need a receiver to stretch the field and we don't have it.

Was he soft, yes. But the man made some huge freakin plays. Did he drop passes, yes. But he ran back to back kicks back against the Jets (awesome special teams year in and year out) last year.

This team needs speed. This team is built BIG and SLOW.

I just wish they wouldn't have given up on him, the good far outweighed the bad IMO.
Ginn didn't scare anyone. If he did, the other receivers would have been open - which they weren't. He's also a wuss - can't take a hit, goes down after he makes a catch when he should be running wild in the secondary. Guy was/is a disaster - I caught a little of a SF game and he made one catch - and went into the all too familiar cradle to the ground position instead of looking to run. He sucks and did not make the team better. That said, I agree with you that we need speed. Just not Tedd Ginn Jr - or his family.

Back
Top Bottom