Sturgis - Yea or Nay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sturgis - Yea or Nay?

How times have changed.
It has only been a short while when this board was full of Carp hate. Missed two game changers last season. Paid to much money. Rookie so much better.

How's that workin out?

How times have changed.
It has only been a short while when this board was full of Carp hate. Missed two game changers last season. Paid to much money. Rookie so much better.

How's that workin out?

what does the board have to do with Miami getting rid of carpenter? you think the dolphins FO got rid of carpenter because of what's said on this message board?

I think it's still to early to make a move on the kicker. I was baffled at that miss early in the game but we have a lot invested in this guy. As far as picks for a kicker, 5th rounder is pretty high considering.

I also don't think they would do a competition. They would have to clear a roster spot and then what? Let them take turns on the field? Doubt it, if they bring someone else in The Sturg is done.

I wouldn't throw him into more of a funk than he already was.
From what I see, the guy is genuinely a great kicker with a strong leg; he's just a little inexperienced. Let him get a season or 2 under his belt and he could be one of the leagues best.

Hes a rookie, he was in a slump. Hes fine.

We dont need to kick as many field goals perhaps, if our offense finds a way to start converting 3rd down and inches.

I'm so tired of seeing our kicker miss easy FGs its not even funny.

With the team we have this year, the kicker is even more important to our team than normally. Our 3rd down D is garbage, our O-line falls apart in the second half and we have a hard time converting short 3rd downs.... even with all that, there is nothing more uncomfortable when watching the game, than when Sturgis steps onto the field for a FG. Yes he's a rookie, but the team is suffering from his lack of converting kicks. He is the reason we lost to Baltimore, Buffalo and New England. I don't see anything wrong with bringing in a veteran, experienced kicker to at least give the rest of the team some reassurance that if they get the ball close enough that their kicker will do his job and hit FG's. that's my .02

I say let him be for now. But one more chip shot miss that costs us a game and he will be in trouble I think. Where is Olindo Mare when you need him?

With the team we have this year, the kicker is even more important to our team than normally. Our 3rd down D is garbage, our O-line falls apart in the second half and we have a hard time converting short 3rd downs.... even with all that, there is nothing more uncomfortable when watching the game, than when Sturgis steps onto the field for a FG. Yes he's a rookie, but the team is suffering from his lack of converting kicks. He is the reason we lost to Baltimore, Buffalo and New England. I don't see anything wrong with bringing in a veteran, experienced kicker to at least give the rest of the team some reassurance that if they get the ball close enough that their kicker will do his job and hit FG's. that's my .02
I get what you're saying but he is far from the reason we lost any of those three games. The pick 6 against the Bills? The late fumble? again a late fumble? The refs? Would his made kick against the Pats been worth 10 points? Was he expected to make a 57 yarder? I say he contributed for sure, but only a drop in the bucket.

id bring a kicker in for competition.

i know he hit the game tying fg, but he has not looked good at all since the ravens game.

He's a young kid so a case of the jitters early in his 1st year in the NFL shouldn't be surprising. If it becomes an ongoing issue all season, then it has to be addressed, otherwise, I'd live with it for now because if this kid overcomes those jitters, he's got a cannon for a leg and is going to steal some wins for us down the road. I wouldn't bring in another kicker right now. I'd rather the coaches helped him better prepare during the week.

Leave the kid alone, he's a rookie he made it when it counted the most.

I get what you're saying but he is far from the reason we lost any of those three games. The pick 6 against the Bills? The late fumble? again a late fumble? The refs? Would his made kick against the Pats been worth 10 points? Was he expected to make a 57 yarder? I say he contributed for sure, but only a drop in the bucket.

57 yarder was a hard one yes, but the dude shanked it bad. It was a pathetic attempt.

vs the Bills, had he not missed the FG earlier in the game, Buffalo needs to score a TD for the win.

vs the Pats. had he not missed the FG in the third, Miami would have had a 10 point lead and most likely would have held momentum.

Our offense isn't great, so when we get the ball down there close enough to kick a FG, we need someone that can convert. Him being a rookie is nothing but an excuse. The players feed off each other and him missing kicks, especially under 40 yards, just kills the morale of the players.

Back
Top Bottom