Sturgis - Yea or Nay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sturgis - Yea or Nay?

Just throwing this out there but he was dealing with a groin in preseason and hasn't been the same since he was forced to make a tackle in the Ravens game, a kickoff went out of bounds after that and that was when the string of misses started. Hopefully the rest does him some good this week.

Until he costs us a game or two the way Carpenter did right? This is a concern that you can't just wash away with the brush of your hand. I hope like hell he just hit a rough patch and is working his way through it but he makes that chip shot FG he missed, he ends it in the 4th qtr instead of sending it to OT.

If I am the coaching staff I am not to far from the phone of another kicker if this continues.
he did, the ravens game

He was 1 of his last 6 when he missed that one last night. That is not a slump. That is worthy of cutting him on the spot. Dude plain sucks right now, and he did cost us a game. He is not a solution so far.

He made his first 10, all of them absolutely splitting the uprights. The one that was blocked was not his fault, the entire line collapsed. The one that hit the right upright was a great kick. There was a lot of wind in that game and he was playing it, just so happened the wind just died as he hit it. The short one last night, I think the line was caving a bit on the right side again and he tried to fit it just inside the left upright. That was a mistake that he hopefully won't make again. I think he is an incredibly accurate kicker with a strong leg. No reason to quit on him at this point.

I'm not worried about him. When our red zone percentage was so high I posted we'd be settling for field goals and missing some of them. Good to get rid of it early in the game.

Carpenter has far superior mechanics. With Carpenter it's like a swing, with Sturgis it's like a hit. When he loses confidence the slumps will be more pronounced, with misses on either sides, like a struggling golfer.

Back
Top Bottom