Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough / OG On His Way Out? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough / OG On His Way Out?

Quelonio

El rey de la Pachacha
Reaction score
Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough

Before Gadsden resigned, I remember reading lots of posts wandering why wasn't he in the team, and giving all these reasons to why he should be back. So he resings and suddenly he becomes a fat, flat footed receiver who is more likely to trip over his shoelaces than to actually help this team in any way. I've never been a Gadsden supporter and last year i thought McNight should have been the starter (although he is a little to irregular if you ask me), but I just don't see in what sense our receiver group is any good, we have two unproven talents as starters:

Chambers had a good rookie season, and a so-so sophomore season, DT has only had one good season, McNight has a good year followed by a terrible year, Tolver hasn't proven a thing, and all the others where good performers at pretty crappy leagues, so we add Gadsden that isn't a good player, but at least is one that we know can make one or two catches, not one we imagine can make them but has never proven he can (which would be the case with tolver and the others, including Baker) So yes he isn't the best receiver in the world, but common he isn't the worst receiver in this team. And it is impressive how fans just forget everything thanks to some reports, I mean people who defended him and asked for his return are now asking for his *** to get cut. Not very coherent.

Well, there were a TON of people (me included) that thought he should have never been signed back in the first place. I felt that even what he brought to the table at his BEST, wasn't good enough and wouldn't bring much of an improvement over what we already had. Gadsden is AVERAGE at BEST. We have tons of average WR's on the team... the difference is that they have the potential to exceed that level, Gadsden doesn't.

Now, if Gadsden has come into camp out of shape and doesn't look like his former self (which was average as far as WR's go.) Than that means he has fallen to the next tier of play, which is POOR. If that is the case, he doesn't belong. Even if he is on an equal level of play with Baker, Newsom, Tolver, or any of the other young guys, he doesn't belong... because it doesn't make sense to give up on developing a young talent to keep someone around who will be the 4th receiver in an offense that primarily uses 2, and will not be around for much longer.

Originally posted by grooves12
Well, there were a TON of people (me included) that thought he should have never been signed back in the first place. I felt that even what he brought to the table at his BEST, wasn't good enough and wouldn't bring much of an improvement over what we already had. Gadsden is AVERAGE at BEST. We have tons of average WR's on the team... the difference is that they have the potential to exceed that level, Gadsden doesn't.

Now, if Gadsden has come into camp out of shape and doesn't look like his former self (which was average as far as WR's go.) Than that means he has fallen to the next tier of play, which is POOR. If that is the case, he doesn't belong. Even if he is on an equal level of play with Baker, Newsom, Tolver, or any of the other young guys, he doesn't belong... because it doesn't make sense to give up on developing a young talent to keep someone around who will be the 4th receiver in an offense that primarily uses 2, and will not be around for much longer.

AMEN! Gasden has had his chance... with DT doing so well as starting WR, and with McK as his backup... I see OG being 4th WR at best. Why drop one of the younger guys for someone who has a history of being self-interested and holding out every time it's contract time? OG wrote the team off by ELECTING to have surgery when we had our #1 WR injured as well. Then, during the offseason refuses to sign a decent contract for a player with his injury history & age... instead shopping around only to come crawling back. Great team spirit. Gimmie a break, I'd take an unproven WR with great potential over a selfish, old, and now apparently OUT OF SHAPE Gasden any day of the week.

There's a lot of training camp left. Alot can and probably will happen. That includes Gadsden getting in shape.

If he's not good enough at the end of camp, he'll be cut. If he is, he'll stay. Simple as that. I still think he'll make the team.

I personally think that Gadsden will make the team but most likely as the #4 guy. He isnt looking so good at camp right now but that is not to say he cant get better in the weeks to come. I like Gadsden and have pulled for him (although i didnt like his tasteless tatics) and im glad we got him back and hope he gets a place on the roster because he has done good things for the team in the past. But i also have to add that we have a lot of talent right now no matter what people think. We have Thompson who is looking great and already had a pretty good season last year with 4 different QB's throwing to him. We have Chambers who wasnt as great last year but also was coming with a head injury. We have McKnight who i personally dont like but he did what was necessary at the end of the season last year and we have some good young ones that LOOK to be promising like Tolver, Simmons (who has been GREAT in the camps), Newsome and Baker. We have a lot to chose from and a lot of camp left. Anything could happen.

I can't believe he came to camp out of shape in the first place. That just gos to show you what kind of person is. I say cut him now and be done with it. I used to like him alot but I am disliking him more and more every day. I don't think he wants to really even play anymore. He is just trying to get a payday before his career is really over.

For an example of someone who still has his heart into the game take a look at Jaime Nails. He could have easily gotten huge this offseason with his injury and such but he worked hard to keep his weight down.

Seau is another example. Cut him and be done with it

OG On His Way Out?

Read this on Profootballtalk.com. It's really not much beyond what we have been saying, but they have a "league source."

Here's the important part:

With reports that former Redskins receiver Derrius Thompson already has shot to the starting lineup across from Chris Chambers, a league source tells us that former go-to guy Oronde Gadsden could have trouble making the team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Frankly, I thought signing him was a bad idea. So far I've seen nothing to change my mind. He shows up out of shape and with an attitude. I don't care how he spins it, "Employee 86" is a slap at the Phins.

I really don't care what he does. All I want is for Tolver to get a fair chance to show what he can do.

Ozzy rules!!!

I personally didn't want Gadsden coming back this year after everything he did. Last year, he played like crap before he got injured. The only good thing he did was that catch against the Jets. He really regressed last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.

I don't know what board some people were on but I remember strong opposition to bringing him back. I was a fence sitter for a long time but remember beig somewhat disheartened that he did resign. Probbly due to his stubborness in not taking the extension last year and holding out for more money and whatnot. I am firmly in th camp of those who say he should not be on this team. Until Oronde proves otherwise this season, that is what I will continue to believe. If he comes out and starts bustin' catches of yesteryear and fighting off tackles and such, I will be the first to come on here and praise him. Unfortunately for him, I am not sure he will make it that far given his out of shape butt

Re: Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough

Originally posted by Sknight24
Before Gadsden resigned, I remember reading lots of posts wandering why wasn't he in the team, and giving all these reasons to why he should be back. So he resings and suddenly he becomes a fat, flat footed receiver who is more likely to trip over his shoelaces than to actually help this team in any way. I've never been a Gadsden supporter and last year i thought McNight should have been the starter (although he is a little to irregular if you ask me), but I just don't see in what sense our receiver group is any good, we have two unproven talents as starters:

Chambers had a good rookie season, and a so-so sophomore season, DT has only had one good season, McNight has a good year followed by a terrible year, Tolver hasn't proven a thing, and all the others where good performers at pretty crappy leagues, so we add Gadsden that isn't a good player, but at least is one that we know can make one or two catches, not one we imagine can make them but has never proven he can (which would be the case with tolver and the others, including Baker) So yes he isn't the best receiver in the world, but common he isn't the worst receiver in this team. And it is impressive how fans just forget everything thanks to some reports, I mean people who defended him and asked for his return are now asking for his *** to get cut. Not very coherent.

I agree, lets give him a shot first and let him decide his own destiny.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Lets give the guy a chance first....

Don't worry, OG won't get cut, even though I wish he would.

Re: Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough

Suddenly, OG isn't good enough, to be very earnest, OG was never good enough to be the #2, but he was always a great #3 imo, as a blanket for Jay, but as I posted in defense of not resigning him, DT can do all that OG does and more, at a faster speed. Tolver is in the same mode. Why keep 3, I'm including Tolver, I think the kid has plenty of upside that we should develop, receivers in the same mode? Give Tolver and DT and Chambers and McMicheals and Konrad, the redzone responsibilities. That's plenty of talent..Tolver caught 127 passes..that's good hands in any league, conference, or sport for that matter.

Gadsden not being good enough is a load of crap. It's resentment for him leaving and trying to get better money elsewhere, nothing else.

When he is in shape, he has the best hands in the league. That does not give him the #2 spot anymore, since besides Chambers all we had was role player type recievers this year. We have two legitimate starters in Chambers and Thompson. Gadsdens role is still a very useful one, just like McKnights.

Back
Top Bottom