Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough / OG On His Way Out? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suddenly Gadsden is not good enough / OG On His Way Out?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Gadsden not being good enough is a load of crap. It's resentment for him leaving and trying to get better money elsewhere, nothing else.

I dont think its totally because he's a douchebag. He regressed a lot last year before he got hurt and wussed out on the rest of the season. The guy is nothing special, never was, never will be. Gadsden has always been a decent #3 reciever but he never had the tools to be anything more and still doesnt.

When he is in shape, he has the best hands in the league. That does not give him the #2 spot anymore, since besides Chambers all we had was role player type recievers this year. We have two legitimate starters in Chambers and Thompson. Gadsdens role is still a very useful one, just like McKnights.

When he was younger and fresher i would almost agree. But his hands arent that great. If you recall last year before he got hurt he was dropping passes left and right, the only reason people look past that is because all they remember is him making that catch in the Jets game.

Personally I think he is in a total decline. He isnt helping himself by showing up to training camp all fat and out of shape. How can you not take care of your body when you're trying to get a contract? Guess he was too busy making clothes to go work out. I see now why no one else even tried to sign him.

My hopes are that tolver and a couple of the other youngens break out and put mister OG into early retirement.

that source you have is always full of misinformation anyway.. i would trust what they say as far as i could throw them.

Originally posted by Tatonka
unless, of coarse, it is good and about the bills. :D

Yea, we know..:D .What's up, haven't seen you posting recently.

I haven't noticed any inconsistency. There was a long debate on whether OG should be resigned. The posters who supported the signing haven't flipped their opinions and niether have the posters who opposed the signing.

I hear a lot of "before he got injured" being mentioned. The fact is, OG injured that wrist going into the season. In Denver, he put it out of commission for good.

And yes, this resentment itself is pretty much due to the off-field issues of last season. Nobody dissed OG while he was here. Even if DT and Co were brought in and all this OG stuff never happened, can anyone honestly tell me that the resentment would still be this strong?? I don't think so.

I stand by my original opinion: signing him hurts nothing. If he is outperformed in training camp, he'll lose his roster spot to someone better.

Re: OG On His Way Out?

Originally posted by PhinKev
He shows up out of shape and with an attitude. I don't care how he spins it, "Employee 86" is a slap at the Phins.

Yup. And 17 other players....plus Wannstedt...also have an attitude.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Don't worry, OG won't get cut, even though I wish he would.

So you think he's gonna earn his spot on the team, eh?? ;)

I don't get why everyone dislikes him. He didn't seem out of shape at all to me when I was watching some clips of him catching in training camp. He isn't a starter anymore, but he is by far one of the best third or forth WR's in the league.

there are still 40 days 21 hrs. 47 mins. 38 secs. plus or minus a few sec. before we have a starter for opening day. If all WRs make it thru camp unscathed I still see OG making the team and us keeping just 4 WR, 3HBs and C Rogers.

We seem to always lose a WR in TC or PS so it is nice to know OG is there if needed, but he is luxury item IMO

Re: Re: OG On His Way Out?

Originally posted by Muck

Yup. And 17 other players....plus Wannstedt...also have an attitude.

I think Wanny spun it well so as to prevent an incident. Do you honestly think that the outfit was intended as I want to work hard, or rather you treated me like a number? After all we know about OG, which one is more likely?

I can't recall one time where OG was the vocal rally around guy. I do remember him whining year after year about poor treatment from the Dolphins front office.

Besides, if he was that motivated, how does he show up in the condition he is in?

I can't believe he actually had the nerve to come to camp completely out of shape after all that! Actually, I can. I say Cut his tubby ace !:club: :tsk:

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
I can't believe he actually had the nerve to come to camp completely out of shape after all that! Actually, I can. I say Cut his tubby ace !:club: :tsk:

My thought exactly

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I stand by my original opinion: signing him hurts nothing. If he is outperformed in training camp, he'll lose his roster spot to someone better.

Yea it does, it means we won't keep potential talent, Wanny won't cut OG period, no matter his weight, speed, or contract history, and by the way, for the record, I've never stated OG's contract history, or his choice to get surgury instead of play, as a part of my wanting to cut OG or not resign him. It's been strictly on talent, potential abilities, and the fact that we signed DT and drafted Tolver. I've always been on the side of wanting more speed, and based on who we signed and drafted, I thought it time to move on from OG. I'm defintely not bitter with OG, I've loved his highlight catches..but I'm ready to move on and try other things.

Back
Top Bottom